PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Guys!

Samus-Fan
08-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Hey, sorry I haven't been here for...oh, I don't know...4 weeks?

It's all cause my internet is phailing. I'm on my 4th router and it isn't working. Had some computer expert come out. His help? "Buy a new router"

Getting really annoyed at all of it. The only reason I am posting now is because I am at my friends house.

But posting this just so all of you know that I have not quit!

Jaykub
08-01-2008, 05:18 PM
sorry to hear hope u get it fixed

LiNuX
08-01-2008, 05:33 PM
yea i remember you telling me about it

what happens exactly? what internet provider do you have? and what router do you use? did you call your internet company to send a technician to see if the problem is in their end? the solution could be simple and I may be able to help with the right information

jakncoke
08-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey, sorry I haven't been here for...oh, I don't know...4 weeks?

It's all cause my internet is phailing. I'm on my 4th router and it isn't working. Had some computer expert come out. His help? "Buy a new router"

Getting really annoyed at all of it. The only reason I am posting now is because I am at my friends house.

But posting this just so all of you know that I have not quit!

:laugh:, and you probably paid him like 40 bucks an hour.

Samus-Fan
08-01-2008, 11:43 PM
yea i remember you telling me about it

what happens exactly? what internet provider do you have? and what router do you use? did you call your internet company to send a technician to see if the problem is in their end? the solution could be simple and I may be able to help with the right information

Lightning struck my house. I live in a very smart house.
I think they have estimated somewhere around 50,000$ in damage to electrical equipment.
The router and modem were struck. So, we replaced them. Had internet for about a week and then it went down. Thought the router had died, so we bought a new one. Didn't work. New one, Didn't work. New one, didn't work!

I have time warner cable (Roadrunner), a linksys buisness class security router w/4ports. Would have called Time Warner, but I can only get so far before I don't understand what they are talking about.
Called Linksys and they didn't help.
My family has no idea what is wrong and why it won't work. Getting my dad to call Time Warner on Sunday

LiNuX
08-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Lightning struck my house. I live in a very smart house.
I think they have estimated somewhere around 50,000$ in damage to electrical equipment.
The router and modem were struck. So, we replaced them. Had internet for about a week and then it went down. Thought the router had died, so we bought a new one. Didn't work. New one, Didn't work. New one, didn't work!

I have time warner cable (Roadrunner), a linksys buisness class security router w/4ports. Would have called Time Warner, but I can only get so far before I don't understand what they are talking about.
Called Linksys and they didn't help.
My family has no idea what is wrong and why it won't work. Getting my dad to call Time Warner on Sunday

ah..thats why, you guys should turn off all the power for a while and let the power die off, lightning power probably traveled through the wiring and damaged your equipment. You may have to get new wires - something inside could have been damaged.

i am not an expert on fixing stuff after they've been hit by lightning - sorry to hear something that horrible happened :(

i also have time warner cable - but earthlink, not RR - and the past hour and a half I've had trouble getting on the net - i had to restart my router and switch 3 times to fix it...