PDA

View Full Version : So how bad will COD5 hurt COD4 ?

Scott
08-02-2008, 07:24 PM
So many hail COD4 as the second coming if not the giant that stepped on Halo 3. That is great, enjoy it while it lasts. COD4 is sweet online and I love it, but this game is only going to be as popular as the next big war game. Even then, casuals are the ones that will make or break COD4's online audience...

WHY? I mean, seriously, how many casual gamers TRULY know that COD2-COD4 are made by 2 different teams? How many know that Treyarch is the company to avoid thanks COD3 and soon COD5? The fact is that likley many are going to buy COD5 and abandon COD4 next year. And next year tons of people will still play Halo 3 for it will have longer legs, even after Gears of War 2.

I honestly believe that the backlash against Halo 3 would be minimized if it arrived after COD4, considering how some (not all) jump on the hot bandwagon.

Before ya'll get all pissy, look... I am not trying to defend Halo 3 or bash others for loving COD4, for I also play COD4 more. But COD4 is a short term dance, and I dont' expect this online popularity to outlast Halo 3, GOW, or even Resistance: Fall of Man.

Come Fall 2008, COD5 (with its expected mediocre reviews) will steal thunder away from our 2007 Game of the Year (excluding Bioshock).....

jakncoke
08-02-2008, 07:26 PM
COD5 is going to do shi1 to anything except do underwhelming sales

Trunks
08-02-2008, 07:46 PM
So many hail COD4 as the second coming if not the giant that stepped on Halo 3. That is great, enjoy it while it lasts. COD4 is sweet online and I love it, but this game is only going to be as popular as the next big war game. Even then, casuals are the ones that will make or break COD4's online audience...

WHY? I mean, seriously, how many casual gamers TRULY know that COD2-COD4 are made by 2 different teams? How many know that Treyarch is the company to avoid thanks COD3 and soon COD5? The fact is that likley many are going to buy COD5 and abandon COD4 next year. And next year tons of people will still play Halo 3 for it will have longer legs, even after Gears of War 2.

I honestly believe that the backlash against Halo 3 would be minimized if it arrived after COD4, considering how some (not all) jump on the hot bandwagon.

Before ya'll get all pissy, look... I am not trying to defend Halo 3 or bash others for loving COD4, for I also play COD4 more. But COD4 is a short term dance, and I dont' expect this online popularity to outlast Halo 3, GOW, or even Resistance: Fall of Man.

Come Fall 2008, COD5 (with its expected mediocre reviews) will steal thunder away from our 2007 Game of the Year (excluding Bioshock).....

ummm, whoever you got that from is dumb. COD 2 and COD 4 were both made by IW. Call of Duty 2 Big Red One was made by Treyarch, but Call of Duty 2 was made by IW. This is Treyarch's first CoD game on a PC.

It probably won't sell better than CoD4, but it won't have terrible sales. Also Halo 3 shouldn't be compared to Call of Duty 5 or any cod. Completely different game play. As for Online play out last Halo 3 or GoW, it probably won't. Online console games work completely different from PC multilayer games. So seriously whoever wrote that doesn't know what they are talking about.

jakncoke
08-02-2008, 07:49 PM
ummm, whoever you got that from is dumb. COD 2 and COD 4 were both made by IW. Call of Duty 2 Big Red One was made by Treyarch, but Call of Duty 2 was made by IW. This is Treyarch's first CoD game on a PC.

It probably won't sell better than CoD4, but it won't have terrible sales. Also Halo 3 shouldn't be compared to Call of Duty 5 or any cod. Completely different game play. As for Online play out last Halo 3 or GoW, it probably won't. Online console games work completely different from PC multilayer games. So seriously whoever wrote that doesn't know what they are talking about.

I'll 3 pds of deer penis on camera if that happens, COD4 passed 10 million sold a couple months ago and probably is approaching 10.5, no way COD5 reaches half that. RFOM2 and Gears2 are going to eat it alive this winter

EpsilonX
08-08-2008, 09:21 PM
I have a feeling that CoD5 will have a strong cult following, or be just as good as CoD4 (which i have personally never played)

Trunks
08-08-2008, 09:22 PM
All the CoD 2 and vcod lovers will go to CoD 5.... As of cod4 people moving to CoD 5, not so much. People will move to it, but not if they don't like WW2.

Hawk
08-08-2008, 09:29 PM
I play CoD4 online and it kicks ass.
I wish they could just leave the CoD sequel alone for a while.

XBoxer
08-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Well yeah i agree to some of the posts above, COD4 has hit the last slab of mordern warfare and i don't think it can go any more mordern that that on the other hand, yes if people love mordern warfare.. they will stick to COD4. if COD5 is a WWII then it will earn less interest than COD4 coz people have already tasted good.

elboM
08-16-2008, 11:27 AM
Well yeah i agree to some of the posts above, COD4 has hit the last slab of mordern warfare and i don't think it can go any more mordern that that on the other hand, yes if people love mordern warfare.. they will stick to COD4. if COD5 is a WWII then it will earn less interest than COD4 coz people have already tasted good.

Yes but Call of Duty 5 is based in the Pacific, correct? Where as all the other (WWII) Call of Duty games have been the European theater with minor Pacific roles (especially not ground campaigns)...
I don't see people dropping CoD4 for CoD5; because as before stated, it's made by Treyarch and not Infinity Ward (COD/COD2/COD4) and they suck. So they'll probably ruin the multiplayer experience, causing people to stick to CoD4.. which causes COD4 to last longer...
in my opinion...

Trunks
08-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Yes but Call of Duty 5 is based in the Pacific, correct? Where as all the other (WWII) Call of Duty games have been the European theater with minor Pacific roles (especially not ground campaigns)...
I don't see people dropping CoD4 for CoD5; because as before stated, it's made by Treyarch and not Infinity Ward (COD/COD2/COD4) and they suck. So they'll probably ruin the multiplayer experience, causing people to stick to CoD4.. which causes COD4 to last longer...
in my opinion...

A lot of the gamers that participate in tournaments will move on to CoD 5. Will everyone leave CoD4? No there will still be Cal Tournaments for probably 3 or 4 more years. Games never die out in a year anyway. So even if CoD5 was a MW game, CoD4 would still last 3 or 4 seasons in Cal. That's just how game titles work. Look at CoD2, it was just now dropped from Cal, it's been like 3 years I think.