PDA

View Full Version : Ghostbusters delayed: may see release in 09?

Scott
08-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Will We See The Ghostbusters Game In 2009?

Link (http://kotaku.com/5031283/will-we-see-the-ghostbusters-game-in-2009)

So Activision doesn't want to publish Ghostbuster: The Videogame (silly, Activision). We've heard that the game isn't cancelled, but what exactly does that mean? Is it even coming out or will it just languish? According to Variety, Sony Pictures, who owns the rights to Ghostbuters and who licensed the IP to Vivendi last year, is working Vivendi "to evaluate various options surrounding the release of the 'Ghostbusters' video game." What's more, Sony adds:

This has presented [Sony Pictures Consumer Products] with an opportunity to reevaluate the game release marketing strategy to potentially coincide with the 25th anniversary of the original film in '09.

So if the game's not out until 2009, who's going to publish? One thing that is for sure is another year in develop should only help not hurt this game.

jakncoke
08-02-2008, 07:33 PM
btw Brutal Legend also got axed as well as a couple others, but don't fret with Brutal Legend the devs have come and spoke, stating they will find a new publisher.

Trunks
08-02-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm ready for a new Ghost Busters movie. I mean lets look. They made a new rocky after 20 years. They made a new Rambo after 20 years. It's only right that they make a new Ghost Busters. I mean GB 1 & 2 Were huge hits. GB 3 can't be that bad can it?

Before anyone says anything, yes I know Rambo and Rocky is written by the same person.

vineline6
08-06-2008, 08:03 PM
I can wait. I think this game's gonna be awesome, especially if it mirrors in some ways the movies as the preview at Gameabyss. com is any indication. Even if they have a new storyline, it'll be nice to relive some good ol' 80s fun in 2008 (or 2009)...

rukisuto
08-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Please don't double post, just edit your previous post.
Also, you're not allowed to post links yet.
Read the rules, please.

jakncoke
08-07-2008, 02:51 AM
I'm ready for a new Ghost Busters movie. I mean lets look. They made a new rocky after 20 years. They made a new Rambo after 20 years. It's only right that they make a new Ghost Busters. I mean GB 1 & 2 Were huge hits. GB 3 can't be that bad can it?

Before anyone says anything, yes I know Rambo and Rocky is written by the same person.

Do you really want a gb3 with this?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/70/Bill_Murray.jpg/200px-Bill_Murray.jpg

You know they could call it Grampa's Ghost Busters:laugh:...in all seriousness they need to leave that franchise alone.

rukisuto
08-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Holy-moly he's old, lol.
Well, I love ghost busters :]
I'm not sure what else they would be able to do with the franchise, but it would be interesting to see.

Trunks
08-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Do you really want a gb3 with this?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/70/Bill_Murray.jpg/200px-Bill_Murray.jpg

You know they could call it Grampa's Ghost Busters:laugh:...in all seriousness they need to leave that franchise alone.

They could do the whole movie in a wheel chair and I would go watch it.

Djdoubt03
08-14-2008, 02:45 PM

There will be no movie, that is the reason for using the original voice actors. Dan Akroid could not get the actors to sign on for a GB3 movie. So it was decided to do it all CGI, that failed. The Game was supposed to take the place of a GB3 movie.