PDA

View Full Version : Motorstorm Pacific Rift details

jakncoke
08-04-2008, 04:45 AM
The addition of local multiplayer is an essential addition to make Motorstorm Pacific Rift a successful sequel, but there are always sacrifices when adding that much action to the screen. I asked Paul Hollywood, the Executive Producer, from Evolution Studios about this and what cuts would be made to allow four people on screen at once. The full interview is in our last podcast but here is a small

The main thing for me is maintaining the framerate. The 30 Hz experience is a necessity to make sure you have the right tactile feel. with one two three or four players, you will always get that frame rate. What we have had to do is remove some of the nicer visual effects, I hope that people will accept that you’ll have to loose a few things to get 4 players on the same screen.

Also BIGGER JUMPS. One of the things that I loved about the original was the size of some of the jumps. Here is what he had to say about how the jump in Motorstorm Pacific Rift will compare.

Bigger Better and Badder, we had a track that is based on Rain God Mesa which was located at the top of a 4000 foot mesa, we have created a track on Pacific Rift called Rain God Spire and this is on the edge of an 8000 foot spire. You get some serious air, you can be airborne for about 20% of the track.

Some of the other features new to game will be Custom Soundtracks, Picture Capture mode, Trophy Support Attacks and avoidance manoeuvres.

Custom Soundtracks, Picture Capture mode, Trophy Support ftw. These 3 features alone pretty much guarantee Motorstorm PR will>>>>Motorstorm

Trunks
08-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Then GT 5 with comes out and Motorstorm <<<<<<<<

jakncoke
08-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Then GT 5 with comes out and Motorstorm <<<<<<<<

your comparisons are made of fail, Motorstorm/2 are off road racers...GT5 is a simulation

Trunks
08-04-2008, 08:54 PM
That's why it will fail. Simulations > everything else

jakncoke
08-05-2008, 12:31 AM
That's why it will fail. Simulations > everything else

well that's your opinion which is nice and all but quit ****ting on my topic just because you prefer simulation races

Trunks
08-05-2008, 12:35 AM
Quit going psycho and I will.

blaze4556
08-05-2008, 07:37 PM
lol its really funny when you 2 fight

Trunks
08-05-2008, 08:33 PM
lol its really funny when you 2 fight

That's because I'm so good at it and he isn't. It's like arguing with master... Wait a second.....

jakncoke
08-05-2008, 08:46 PM
That's because I'm so good at it and he isn't. It's like arguing with master... Wait a second.....

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/robinamused.jpg

rukisuto
08-05-2008, 08:58 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/robinamused.jpg

lol.
That was made of win :]