PDA

View Full Version : Uncharted interview about tropy's

jakncoke
08-04-2008, 04:14 PM
IGN: How many Trophies will be available to nab in Uncharted?

Arne Meyer: You'll be able to get up to 48 Trophies in Uncharted. There are 47 Trophies related to what you do in the game -- finding treasures, hand-to-hand or gun combat and the like -- and the last one is the Platinum Trophy for getting all the other Trophies.

IGN: What are some of the more notable or difficult Trophies that you've added?

Arne Meyer: Well, some of our more notable and tougher Trophies are hidden, so it wouldn't be any fun if we revealed those, right? That being said, I think the Trophies for getting 100 headshots or defeating 50 enemies in a row without dying can present a challenge to most players. Of course, there's also the Trophy for the Strange Relic, which some Naughty Dog fans might find familiar...

IGN: Is there a direct link to the treasures and unlockables that are already in the game with the new Trophies?

Arne Meyer: Yep. The Trophies are tied to the medal rewards which already exist in Uncharted. The requirement to get each Trophy is exactly the same as the one for the associated medal.

IGN: Will veterans be able to go in and nab all the Trophies in a single play-through?

Arne Meyer: No, that won't be possible. It is possible to get nearly all of the Trophies on a single playthrough, but I think you'd have to be very good and extremely thorough to do that. We'd like to believe that some of the more difficult Trophies are enough of a challenge that even the most skilled gamer will have to play through Uncharted a couple of times.

IGN: Will any of them be able to be awarded retroactively?

Arne Meyer: That would have been nice, but it wasn't something we would be able to do. We originally left our save games unlocked and portable so gamers could move them off the hard drive and their existing game elsewhere or show off some of the unlocked content at a friend's house. This type of portability would have allowed gamers to get Trophies unfairly and we couldn't let that happen. To receive Trophies in Uncharted you will have to start a brand new save game without any medals or rewards unlocked.

IGN: Will the update contain anything in addition to Trophies? We happen to be fans of the different rendering modes that you can unlock...

Arne Meyer: Aww, we like the rendering modes too. However, the patch only adds Trophy support to Uncharted. We didn't add anything new. Sorry!

48, nice. I really need to the Super Stardust HD trophy's though, I only have 1 of the I believe 17.

Shixx
08-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Nice, I already beat it but I might rent it again and do a couple runs.

jakncoke
08-05-2008, 12:27 AM
also, lol mods add a "h" to tropy's in the thread title...tropy's lawl.

----------

Edit: patch is up in EU/NA.