PDA

View Full Version : Burnout Paradise bikes update.

jakncoke
08-05-2008, 03:24 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/9pw5qc.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/sdzku8.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/2ewiiqd.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/xlzalf.jpg

Here’s what Burnout Paradise players can look forward to, when they get the FREE Burnout Paradise Bikes Pack next month. (This is the pack formerly know by the codename “Davis”.)

We’ve got two rides ready to go – Day 1. Just head for your nearest junkyard in Paradise City to pick up the FV1100 street bike and the stunning Japanese Firehawk racing bike. That’ll do for a start, but there’s more in store once you’ve played a little way through the bike-specific gameplay. We’ll bring you more on these vehicles in a future post.

From the second we added the first prototype bike, we wanted to cruise the streets of Paradise City at night. So, in addition to the bikes, we’re adding night to the game. You’ll see day cycle through to night and see the city change with it. Paradise City takes on a life of its own once the rush hour traffic thins out!

During the day, you can play a variation of our Burning Routes challenges. Beat the target times on specific routes to complete “Burning Rides”. The big change here is that these routes feature multiple checkpoints – they’ll take you all over the city. At night, complete a different set of routes – the “Midnight Rides”.

We’ve created 70 challenges specially for bikes. 35 of these are timed, multi-part challenges – the kind you’ll have experienced if you’ve been playing last month’s FREE software update codenamed Cagney.

nice that they're still supporting the game, I'll be playing it a bunch more when they update the PS3 version with trophy's

Trunks
08-05-2008, 03:27 PM
That may make me buy the game actually. It sounds, pretty cool.

jakncoke
08-05-2008, 03:35 PM
You defiantly should buy it, it's a great game.

Hawk
08-05-2008, 04:26 PM
I've got it, its great.

jakncoke
08-05-2008, 04:28 PM
lol I put this in the wrong section

blaze4556
08-05-2008, 05:05 PM
This game should be SLAPPED onto the rentals bucket. Its not worth a buy...way too repetitive for that and im sure the bikes will only make it last for an extra day or two.

jakncoke
08-05-2008, 05:13 PM
This game should be SLAPPED onto the rentals bucket. Its not worth a buy...way too repetitive for that and im sure the bikes will only make it last for an extra day or two.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll268/desu_desu/failed.jpg

It is defiantly worth the buy.

blaze4556
08-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Lol it aint, you start out the game and your thinking it looks good. Then it says do 4 races..which is pretty fun, then it says do 10, then 20 (this is where it takes the pickle) then 40 etc..and the only thing that changes is the car you race in -.-

Trunks
08-05-2008, 06:46 PM
All racing games are like that? Last time I checked at least?

blaze4556
08-05-2008, 06:48 PM
All racing games are like that? Last time I checked at least?

Not really some make it less repetitive.

jakncoke
08-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Lol it aint, you start out the game and your thinking it looks good. Then it says do 4 races..which is pretty fun, then it says do 10, then 20 (this is where it takes the pickle) then 40 etc..and the only thing that changes is the car you race in -.-

I own the game it's fun, Trunks do not listen to this boy his opinion is made of fail.

blaze4556
08-05-2008, 06:52 PM
I own the game it's fun, Trunks do not listen to this boy his opinion is made of fail.

:laugh: but it is repetitive...graphics cant change that :-P

jakncoke
08-05-2008, 06:55 PM
in the opinion of this member the game is not repetitive+ I've had so many hours of Showtime fun it's beyond rediculous

Trunks
08-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Not really some make it less repetitive.

Could you name one please? In all racing games, you drive around a circle track. Unless you are getting from point A too point B.

jakncoke
08-05-2008, 07:24 PM
and really the burnout is an open world racer with many events, it's not all about point a to b racing.

other than point a to b racing and showtime mode(aka crash mode to get tons of points)

* Road Rage: The player is given a target number of takedowns and a time limit. A Road Rage event is won by meeting or exceeding this target in the given time limit. A variant of this event was made available for online play in the "Cagney" update.

* Marked Man: In this event, the player is given a destination. At least 1 opponent is trying to stop the player from reaching the destination by scoring takedowns against them. The player must survive from start to finish in order to win (the player can be part of collisions, but loses the event if he totals the car). A variant designed for online gameplay was included in the "Cagney" update.

* Stunt Run: Players are given a target score. They must earn points towards that score by using boosts, jumps, drifts and other such stunt moves. An online version of this event type was added to the game as part of the "Cagney" update.

* Burning Route: Each Burning Route requires the player to use a specific car. Once the player is driving the required car, they race against the clock to a specified location. When a Burning Route is won the player wins an upgraded version of the vehicle they completed it with. The upgraded vehicle can boast extra boost power, more base speed or a stronger body (but usually in exchange for another category being made weaker). This event is unique in that it does not reset when the player earns a new license, because it's tied to the car used to run it rather than the license level the player is presently at.

then there is the streets where you have to beat the times, exploring the city to crash through billboards and shortcut barriers

blaze4556
08-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Could you name one please? In all racing games, you drive around a circle track. Unless you are getting from point A too point B.

In NFS you have your own car which you upgrade and make it go faster, look nicer. Then you can buy an even more expensive car and upgrade that. This makes the game far less repetitive. In burnout paradise you just get a car which you've won or totaled...

Trunks
08-05-2008, 08:30 PM
In NFS you have your own car which you upgrade and make it go faster, look nicer. Then you can buy an even more expensive car and upgrade that. This makes the game far less repetitive. In burnout paradise you just get a car which you've won or totaled...

So you like racing games, because you can upgrade your cars? Interesting..... I always though the fun was the actual racing.

blaze4556
08-06-2008, 05:28 AM
So you like racing games, because you can upgrade your cars? Interesting..... I always though the fun was the actual racing.

But as we've seen with forza 2, you can only race for so long untill you get bored :spinny:

jakncoke
08-06-2008, 05:32 AM
you can say that about any racer and any game though so I don't see why your ****ting on BP.

Trunks
08-06-2008, 10:30 AM
But as we've seen with forza 2, you can only race for so long untill you get bored :spinny:

Your not making any sense. In forza 2 you upgrade and buy new cars just like NFS. So apparently, just buying cars and upgrading them isn't the fun part for you.

blaze4556
08-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Can you stick a spoiler on a car in forza? Can you change the headlights? bodykit? tinted windows? rims?

Customization...thats what makes a racing game less repetitive. Imo anyway

Trunks
08-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Can you stick a spoiler on a car in forza? Can you change the headlights? bodykit? tinted windows? rims?

Customization...thats what makes a racing game less repetitive. Imo anyway

ummm, you can change the rims on forza..... I think you can change the bodykit, which includes the shape of the headlights. It's been awhile though... So you just like changing things on the car? It's like, well it's been a couple of races I'm getting bored. I'll change the window tint to green. Yep, I'm having fun now....

wtf?

blaze4556
08-07-2008, 10:47 AM
ummm, you can change the rims on forza..... I think you can change the bodykit, which includes the shape of the headlights. It's been awhile though... So you just like changing things on the car? It's like, well it's been a couple of races I'm getting bored. I'll change the window tint to green. Yep, I'm having fun now....

wtf?

do you really think people would still play NFS if you couldnt customize your car?

Trunks
08-07-2008, 11:13 AM
do you really think people would still play NFS if you couldnt customize your car?

whoa buddy. We are getting off topic here. You were talking about racing games being competitive. Not how many people would play NFS if you couldn't customize the cars.

A racing game is a racing game. The only difference is the tracks or if the game has something unique to it. Forza and Grand Turismo are both top of the line simulation races. You can't compare simulation to non simulation. Burnout has the takedown and the crash course. NFS has cops in it and also drift tracks.

It doesn't matter if you can change the window tint to green or put a different spoiler on it. Sure it helps, but is that really what makes the game fun? Is customizing your car really make the game what it is? If so then you can get games like that to leave the boring racing part out of it.

blaze4556
08-07-2008, 01:33 PM
It doesn't matter if you can change the window tint to green or put a different spoiler on it. Sure it helps, but is that really what makes the game fun? Is customizing your car really make the game what it is? If so then you can get games like that to leave the boring racing part out of it.

Yes thats what makes the game more fun!

Trunks
08-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Yes thats what makes the game more fun!

So you not a racing game fan are you?

May I recommend IGN: Monster Garage (http://xbox.ign.com/objects/699/699805.html)

blaze4556
08-07-2008, 02:28 PM
thank you

i think you would enjoy this game (http://www.gamers-forum.com/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=play&gameid=190)

Trunks
08-07-2008, 02:44 PM
No I don't. I'm more into Simulation racing games. Thanks though.

Ghost
08-07-2008, 05:14 PM
I think i got an email about this. i would download it if i still had the game.

jakncoke
08-07-2008, 07:01 PM

I personally would.