PDA

View Full Version : WoW private server

Trunks
08-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Are you wanted to play World of Warcraft, but don't have the money to play it or maybe you don't want to take the time to level and get all the armor. Well look no more! OmegaWoW has highrate servers so you can get to 70 in less than a week. The server population is high enough to run Sunwell and The Eye which are both 25 man raids. Maybe you don't want to level at all and just want to pvp. Well Omega WoW has a realm so you can become level 70 in seconds. You also get top of the line gear and 2,000 gold to start with!! What are you waiting for go sign up = )
Omega WoW - World of Warcraft Private Server (free play) (http://www.omegawow.com/)

Don't forget to refer Trunks

By the way, WoW private servers are not illegal to play on. Feel free to ask any question.

Hawk
08-09-2008, 12:40 AM
Thanks Trunks..
I'll try it out.
and refer you.

LemonRising
08-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Not illegal? O:
Please expand on this 8D

Looks like a good way to try WoW (free), but I don't have much interest in WoW.

Trunks
08-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Not illegal? O:
Please expand on this 8D

Looks like a good way to try WoW (free), but I don't have much interest in WoW.

I'll have someone else explain he did quite well = ) Read all of this so that you understand my point...

Here is the statement from the GotWoW? community about private servers:

"Statement from Blizzard Entertainment to the GotWoW? Community

As many of you already know, Blizzard has taken steps recently to stop the development of unauthorized emulator servers for the World of Warcraft™ beta.

While we appreciate the devotion and enthusiasm the GotWoW? community has shown for World of Warcraft, the development of emulator servers directly contributes to the illegal copying of the beta game client and creates
the opportunity for people to continue to play on unauthorized servers after the completion of the World of Warcraft beta test.

Some individuals may have helped develop emulator servers under the belief that Blizzard was not opposed to the existence of illegal copies of the World of Warcraft beta game client. However, this belief was incorrect. Blizzard places a high value on its intellectual property and does not condone illegal copies of the beta game client or software that facilitates or encourages the use of illegal copies of the beta game client.

Leaders from various emulator-server development teams, including StormCraft, Vibe, and Khaos, have turned over their code and stopped development of emulator servers. We are asking that those of you who are continuing to operate unauthorized emulator servers for the World of Warcraft beta take this opportunity to voluntarily stop these efforts and turn over your code to Blizzard as well. For a short period of time, Blizzard will grant amnesty to those who comply with this request. Please contact us at *email removed* for more information.

Thank you for your understanding and for helping us to ensure the integrity of the beta-testing process. We look forward to seeing you in game when World of Warcraft is released!"

Blizzard never actually claims that anything about the emulated servers, themselves, is illegal. Rather, they attempt to mislead you into believing that the servers are illegal by associating them with illegal copies of the World of WarCraft client. They do have a legal argument, however, albeit a weak one, which is that the development and existence of these servers encourages the distribution of pirated copies of the game, and thus the servers should be considered illegal. Such an argument would not, in my un-professional opinion, stand in any court, as I can't believe that Blizzard has much of anything to back it up.

I wanted to add that I am aware of the case of Blizzard v. Bnetd. However, I think there are significant differences between the circumstances in that case and those in this one. The Battle.net service is a free online game service for several Blizzard games, as was Bnetd. However, first of all, Battle.net is free, and second of all, using Battle.net is not necessary to play any of the games it hosted. You can play StarCraft, WarCraft II and III, and Diablo I and II single player or multiplayer over a LAN. Bnetd, as far as I know, basically offered the same service (which was not necessary to play the game) for the same price. However, to play World of WarCraft on one of Blizzard's servers, you must pay a monthly fee, and if you do not pay that fee, you cannot play that game (unless you find a private server). Blizzard certainly knows all this, and judging by their official comment, the additional legal information they almost certainly have probably indicates to them that they would at least be on very shaky ground coming out and denouncing WoW private servers as illegal.

Also, reverse engineering is protected under US Law. If these emulated servers were designed using Blizzard's source code then there would be a problem.

So as you can see, private servers are quite legal.

Google saves me time.

Also, how is my marketing. Lol, I made it sound as cheesy has possible.

LemonRising
08-09-2008, 01:03 AM
It was wonderfully cheesy.

Also I'm not quite sure on the legal part, but I've never been one to care about "legal" or "illegal" anyways 8D hhaahaahahaahaashafas -goes to jail-

Trunks
08-09-2008, 01:07 AM
LOL

Well, even if it was blizzard would probably press charges against the admin or whoever created it. Unless they plan on running down everyone who has playing the server. They would too!!!

Hawk
08-09-2008, 07:09 AM
im downing wow atm.
5GIGS!
better be worth it.

Trunks
08-09-2008, 10:11 AM
im downing wow atm.
5GIGS!
better be worth it.

You have to have Burning Crusades to play on the server by the way.

blaze4556
08-09-2008, 10:30 AM
Yeah lol burning crusade is an extra 4-6 gigs.

I probably wont try a private server anytime soon unless i get bored of WoW or run out of money ;-)

Trunks
08-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Yeah lol burning crusade is an extra 4-6 gigs.

I probably wont try a private server anytime soon unless i get bored of WoW or run out of money ;-)

That's what happened too me. I ran out of money... I had gear from sunwell on my retail WoW account. so I had to down grade to t6 gear = /. I'm never on when my private server runs sunwell.

Hawk
08-12-2008, 03:55 PM
I downloaded it...
it came with BC...

Veriaset
08-21-2008, 02:01 AM
I play retail but occasionlly I like to ,ess around on privat severs and PvP in the best gear.