PDA

View Full Version : Civilation III

LiNuX
01-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Anybody here have the game civilization III? or ever even heard of it? i used to play this game a lot a few years ago, on my older computer before it burned out. i was kinda addicted. I always love competition and here u just pick a civilation and try to wipe out the rest of them and have as much land, money, and technology as possible. be as advanced as you can go. I beat it several times -- my best civilization was the Germans -- their special unit the Panzer lead me to victory, its just a tank with special reinforcements with more attack, defense, and speed :)

Anybody here played that game?

Drake14
03-31-2007, 10:36 PM
I can't stand the civilization games. I never figured them out, or how to REALLY do stuff. I don't like turn based strategy. i prefer RTS ;D

LiNuX
03-31-2007, 10:42 PM
well u havent played it long enough then, i like it because i feel i have control over everything, and thats what i like, control :)

jasonbay
04-01-2007, 04:22 PM
I have it but didnt play it much , I liked Civ 2 for playstation better , I want new Civ for consoles ...I wonder why they skipped last gen , I hope there is a next gen console Civ game

Medwin
08-13-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm a civIII fan, I bought civIV a few months back and have enjoyed that, but now I hear there is a Civ V coming out.

Civ IV really wasn't that much different in terms of game play, but the cites were a little easier to manage. Better information screens and better auto configuration for city management.

LiNuX
08-13-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm a civIII fan, I bought civIV a few months back and have enjoyed that, but now I hear there is a Civ V coming out.

Civ IV really wasn't that much different in terms of game play, but the cites were a little easier to manage. Better information screens and better auto configuration for city management.

civ IV just came out not too long ago and they are making civ V, well from what I've read in some places, and it is easier but i still haven't played civ IV long enough to say anything lol, maybe i should after i quit my job lol :D

Scott
08-14-2007, 03:11 AM
Yeah I have 4 too. And I really like it. But I never had 3. The next Civi will be on PS3, PC, Xbox 360, DS, PSP. I think I'll get it on PSP if the PSP version is any good. Because then I can play it anywhere.

Medwin
08-14-2007, 04:35 PM
I have the DS and could see it working ok for that using the penthingy in place of the mouse.

I don't know that I would buy civ 5 unless it had some major changes from iv.

LiNuX
08-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Yeah I have 4 too. And I really like it. But I never had 3. The next Civi will be on PS3, PC, Xbox 360, DS, PSP. I think I'll get it on PSP if the PSP version is any good. Because then I can play it anywhere.

im good with just PC lol, i have psp and all but this will probably distract me to miss my stop when im on the subway or bus lol

Gamoc
08-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Ha! good point.

I have IV, but my pc crashes now when I play it (which it never used to do, and I've tried everything to fix it, it just...crashes, everytime, now). It was very good, I hate not being able to play it ¬¬

I played Civ 3 too, that was also very good. IV is better though (obviously).