PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson wants to change his last name...lulz

jakncoke
08-13-2008, 04:12 AM
JOHNSON WANTS TO BE OCHO CINCO, LEGALLY
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 12, 2008, 7:24 p.m.

Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson was fined $5,000 for wearing “Ocho Cinco” on the back of his jersey before a game in 2006.

To avoid getting fined, Johnson hasn’t done it since then. But Johnson now has a plan for how he can get away with having “Ocho Cinco” spelled out over the “85″ on his back.

We’ve learned that Johnson has taken the first steps in the state of Florida toward legally changing his last name to Ocho Cinco.

Seriously.

If Johnson follows through on this, his actual, legal name will be Chad Ocho Cinco, and the NFL would then (we assume) allow him to put his new last name on the back of his jersey.

From a business standpoint, this might be Chad’s way of picking up some of the extra cash that he wants to make but that the team has said it won’t give him. The jersey would instantly become one of the NFL’s top sellers, and NFL players get a cut of all sales of their jerseys.

In recent interviews, including one on ESPN Monday night, Johnson has made veiled references about future plans that he has said will change the way fans think about him. This is a strange one, to say the least.

zomg when this happens...comedy gold would go through the roof.

rukisuto
08-13-2008, 08:00 AM
I can't believe he wanted it that badly, lol.
When I first read the thread title I thought it said "Chad Johnson wants to change his last name to lulz".

Samus-Fan
08-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Thats what I thought because I was skimming and saw change last name lulz thinking I missed a "to"

It's still funny. I wouldn't want my last name,legally, to be 85. Makes me sound old.

jakncoke
08-13-2008, 10:28 AM
I can't believe he wanted it that badly, lol.
When I first read the thread title I thought it said "Chad Johnson wants to change his last name to lulz".

:laugh:, I really should skip making topics at night.

Jaykub
08-13-2008, 10:54 AM
lol what a dumb @$$

conman1000
08-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Wow, that'll be confusing for the announcers, and Chad Ocho Cinco with the catch.

LemonRising
08-13-2008, 11:51 AM
I really, REALLY like this guy. JUST FOR THIS.

How awesome are you, that to spite some guys who fined you, YOU CHANGE YOUR ACTUAL NAME.
HELL YES.
THIS GUY IS NOW MY IDOL.

I have never heard of him before this though, but that doesn't matter. HAHAHAHA

LiNuX
08-13-2008, 11:18 PM
lol thats funny - he would also be one of the most famous football players in the country with that name - and everyone would know his player number too lol

COC - nice...