PDA

View Full Version : Billy Bob Thornton to star in Nightmare on Elm Street remake

jakncoke
08-13-2008, 04:18 AM
Thornton To Star In Nightmare On Elm Street Remake

13 August 2008 12:35 AM, PDT

Billy Bob Thornton will star as Freddy Krueger in a new Nightmare On Elm Street movie.

The 53-year-old actor will take on the chilling role in a remake of the 1984 original.

Robert Englund, who played the part in eight films, revealed that Thornton will star in the horror films and is an "excellent choice" for the role.

He adds, "A big budget should mean the film will look a lot better than some of the old movies."

total fail. stop this you a-holes, this movie doesn't need remade.

Trunks
08-13-2008, 09:05 AM
They need more money though!!!!!

jakncoke
08-13-2008, 10:25 AM
They need more money though!!!!!

:laugh:, ya because the billions they have already isn't enough.

Samus-Fan
08-13-2008, 10:27 AM
I liked those B movies...atleast Friday the 13th movies are all B...
I barely remember Freddy...

jakncoke
08-13-2008, 10:30 AM
I liked those B movies...atleast Friday the 13th movies are all B...
I barely remember Freddy...

I liked them as well in their original form. Here's to hoping the remake of this and Friday the 13th flops.

Samus-Fan
08-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Dude, a Friday The 13th Remake would be awesome!

Do you know how much more realistic they could make the chainsaw sound and look?

jakncoke
08-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Dude, a Friday The 13th Remake would be awesome!

Do you know how much more realistic they could make the chainsaw sound and look?

Maybe in your imo, not in mine. we'll find out as they have a remake in the works.

LemonRising
08-13-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm on the fence on this.
I wanna see some trailers and makeup and set shots, then I'll judge.

Remakes can be good.. and they can be bad..
Never in between though, so you gotta be careful.

EpsilonX
08-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Well, the nightmare on elm street remake is going to be like the halloween remake. It'll start off showing freddy's days as a human, and then it'll show him as that dream ghost thing.

and the friday remake is going to be like the black christmas remake probably. Just a bunch of teens and a guy walking around in a jason mask killing people in very graphic and not scary ways.

Samus-Fan
08-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Hey, the Friday movie has more story then that!
Its about a guy who drowned in a lake and is seeking revenge.

The movie would be this:
There are these teens at camp. Jason (Not some guy in a jason mask, I mean Jason) Shows up and kills them all one by one...

Not scary, but very fun to watch. Like Final Destination!

Trunks
08-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Am I the only one that's excited to see these remakes? I mean as long as there isn't a ton of cg in it, it will awesome. Who cares if it's scary or not.... How many scary movies do you see these days? It all depends how much you get into the movie.... If you do get into the movie its way more fun to watch.

Samus-Fan
08-13-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm not thrilled with remakes because I love corny B movies.

When they remake movies, they better darn keep the B-movie style!

(Evil Dead. Lulz)

Djdoubt03
08-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Thornton To Star In Nightmare On Elm Street Remake

13 August 2008 12:35 AM, PDT

Billy Bob Thornton will star as Freddy Krueger in a new Nightmare On Elm Street movie.

The 53-year-old actor will take on the chilling role in a remake of the 1984 original.

Robert Englund, who played the part in eight films, revealed that Thornton will star in the horror films and is an "excellent choice" for the role.

He adds, "A big budget should mean the film will look a lot better than some of the old movies."

What a joke, Robert Englund was and will always be Freddy.

One, Two Freddy's Coming for you
Three, Four You better lock the door
Five, Six Grab your crucifix
Seven, Eight Better Stay Up Late

rukisuto
08-14-2008, 02:17 PM
I don't like remakes.
I know a lot of movies are remakes or spin offs, but it's better with a larger time gap.
Or a country gap, lol.

EpsilonX
08-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Hey, the Friday movie has more story then that!
Its about a guy who drowned in a lake and is seeking revenge.

The movie would be this:
There are these teens at camp. Jason (Not some guy in a jason mask, I mean Jason) Shows up and kills them all one by one...

I know what the movies are about, I have all of them on dvd except freddy vs jason (yes, even the horrid jason goes to hell)

and it's about some guy who drowned in a lake and his MOM is seeking revenge, and she dies then the son is seeking revenge. They're gonna try to have elements from the first 3 fridays in this movie.

If Kane Hodder plays Jason, it'll at least be watchable. (he was jason in parts 7, 8, goes to hell, and X)