PDA

View Full Version : 'Batman: Arkham Asylum' (PS3/X360/PC)

jakncoke
08-15-2008, 11:04 AM
In Batman: Arkham Asylum, developed by Rocksteady Studios, the player assumes the role of Batman as he delivers The Joker to Arkham Asylum. There, the imprisoned super-villains have set a trap and an immersive combat gaming experience unfolds. With an original script penned by Emmy Award-winning Batman writer Paul Dini, the game brings the universe of DC Comics’ detective to life with stunning graphics.

“In Batman: Arkham Asylum Eidos and Warner Bros. are building a true action adventure game experience worthy of gamers and fans,” said Phil Rogers, CEO of Eidos Interactive. “Players become Batman, like he has never been seen before in a video game, as he fights through intense circumstances in Arkham Asylum utilizing his intuitive detective skills and aggressive melee attacks.”

“Batman: Arkham Asylum offers players the chance to battle Gotham’s worst villains with Batman’s physical and psychological strength in a graphically distinct and story-driven game,” said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “We look forward to working with Eidos on expanding DC Comics’ world-renowned character Batman in the game space with a noticeably different feature set in an incredibly dark interactive environment.”

Eidos Interactive and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will co-publish Batman: Arkham Asylum in North America, Eidos Interactive will publish the game in all other territories, scheduled for 2009.

WorthPlaying - Xbox 360 (X360) , PlayStation 3 (PS3), Nintendo Wii, Xbox, PlayStation 2 (PS2), GameCube (NGC), PSP, Nintendo DS (NDS), GBA, Windows PC - All about games ! (http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=54711)

only other game made by Rocksteady was Urban Chaos: Riot Response

EpsilonX
08-15-2008, 02:30 PM
This sounds stupid if you ask me.

Shixx
08-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Not gonna lie, it does sound stupid but it could be fun if done right, just like any other game.

elboM
08-17-2008, 02:23 PM
Ehhh. This will be a rent probably.... looks to be a flimsy Batman game made to make profit off the film... I wish there would be another good Batman game.

Flab-Ender
08-17-2008, 02:37 PM
No, sounds stupid. Dosn't even sound like a game that I wouldn't even rent.

Iceskater101
08-17-2008, 02:57 PM
it does sound stupid but I might rent it
depends

EpsilonX
08-17-2008, 08:44 PM
I looked at screenshots in game informer. It looks decent. I'll try it out if it gets good reviews. otherwise, nope.

LemonRising
08-18-2008, 12:22 AM
I don't know...
It looks...
Ehhhhh
And sounds..
Ehhhhhhhhh

I don't like it ):

Scott
08-19-2008, 06:34 AM
If it's anything like the last Batman game then I'm not going to bother with it.

Flab-Ender
08-19-2008, 09:04 PM
I had a batman game once it was ok, but not covincing enough to buy another one.

Trunks
08-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Almost all of the past batman games were bad. All of them starting from the NES till now.

Flab-Ender
08-19-2008, 09:07 PM
There was one on the NES?

Trunks
08-19-2008, 09:08 PM
There was one on the NES?

Why wouldn't there be. Batman has been out since what... the 30's? There is probably one for Atari.... I know there is a superman game for it.

Flab-Ender
08-19-2008, 09:09 PM
Why wouldn't there be. Batman has been out since what... the 30's? There is probably one for Atari.... I know there is a superman game for it.

Ya good point. I wonder what it was like.