PDA

View Full Version : Bigfoot body found.

rukisuto
08-16-2008, 08:34 AM
A pair of Georgia men faced more than a half-hour of skeptical questions from reporters Friday as they defended their claim that they stumbled upon the body of Bigfoot while hiking in a remote North Georgia forest.
Introduced by a publicist and beside a man who promoted what turned out to be a fake Bigfoot discovery in 1995, Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer repeatedly said that their claim is not a hoax and that scientific analysis will prove it.

"We were not looking for Bigfoot. ... We wouldn't know what we were doing if we did," said Whitton, a police officer on leave after being shot in the hand while making an arrest. "I didn't believe in Bigfoot at the time. ... But you've got to come to terms with it and realize you've got something special. And that's what it was."
The men say they were hiking in early June when they discovered the body of a 7-foot-7, 500-pound half-ape, half-human creature near a stream. They also claim to have spotted about three similar living creatures -- and showed reporters video stills of what they say is one of those creatures shadowing them through the woods.

The announcement, which the men first made on the Internet radio show "Squatch Detective" several weeks ago, has been greeted with healthy skepticism, even among some Bigfoot enthusiasts.
Georgia men defend Bigfoot body claims - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/08/15/bigfoot.body/?iref=hpmostpop)

I saw this on the news last night.
I figured there would be better pictures since they have a 'body'.

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/aug2008/9/2/C06B97E1-F6BF-0CCA-74EBCFC145F9FEDA.jpg

Trunks
08-16-2008, 08:51 AM
So they confirmed that it's real already. The picture has a fake look too it, if you ask me. The head looks weird on it..

rukisuto
08-16-2008, 09:45 AM
So they confirmed that it's real already. The picture has a fake look too it, if you ask me. The head looks weird on it..

They have a 'Bigfoot Enthusiast' on the case, lol.
He said that they're going to be performing an autopsy on it.
He also said that they did DNA tests on it; one came out human, and a sample from the intestine said opossum.
"We believe he must have eaten an opossum to get that result."

conman1000
08-16-2008, 09:55 AM
No offense, but the picture itself is very unclear.

jakncoke
08-16-2008, 10:21 AM
I call BS on them finding Bigfoot.

LiNuX
08-16-2008, 10:48 AM
lol i heard that on the news too - meh..i want some scientists to say its real!

rukisuto
08-16-2008, 10:57 AM
lol i heard that on the news too - meh..i want some scientists to say its real!

I want it to be real too, lol.
Just so everyone will shut up about it.

LiNuX
08-16-2008, 11:12 AM
I want it to be real too, lol.
Just so everyone will shut up about it.

yeah..hasn't the myth been around for over a 100 years? like the 1850s or 60s - so he lived for so long

but we'll have to wait and see what they say about confirming him

rukisuto
08-16-2008, 11:34 AM
yeah..hasn't the myth been around for over a 100 years? like the 1850s or 60s - so he lived for so long

Well, the people who found him said that they were surrounded by a pack of them.
They took a video but the news only took a still of it.

jakncoke
08-16-2008, 11:42 AM

yup there was actually a bunch of crazies around my town that said they seen Bigfoot as well and for a couple weeks they'd go out on weekends to try and see him again.

LiNuX
08-16-2008, 11:45 AM
yup there was actually a bunch of crazies around my town that said they seen Bigfoot as well and for a couple weeks they'd go out on weekends to try and see him again.

thats like that everywhere lol - everyone wants the glory of finding big foot so they just make up stuff as they go

Jordan
08-16-2008, 02:18 PM
*cough cough* Sorry, I'm allergic to BS.

Until I hear some scientists say its real I wont believe it.

Iceskater101
08-16-2008, 02:47 PM
I am not sure if I believe this either

LemonRising
08-18-2008, 01:15 AM
Now THIS is interesting.
There's rumors going around saying the body is a suit bought off of... Sasquatch Night Terrors Costume (http://www.thehorrordome.com/HDSHOPPINGPROPS/SasquatchLARGE.htm) there, apparently. (nose matches up)

Then, they had three separate DNA samples.
"The tests, he said, came back with three results: one showing inconclusive data, another indicating the creature was human, and another indicating it was a possum. That, Biscardi said, was probably because it had eaten a possum."

Sourced from Bigfoot Press Conference: Lots of Talk, Little Hard Evidence (http://www.inquisitr.com/2426/bigfoot-2/)

And I was hoping I would finally get a stuffed bigfoot to keep me warm at night ) :

Yuuki
08-18-2008, 01:26 AM
Does look somewhat fake, but oh well. lol
That looks like an intestine... .__.

@LemonRising:
Supposedly the DNA samples were contaminated.
I heard that from my friend anyway.

Anyway, if you guys heard about the Saltfork supposedly
" Bigfoot " sighting? It was on the new a while ago.
It's down the road from my camp. O__o;
The video they had discovered was taken back in 94 I believe. But yeah.

Joshuah
08-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Erm... His face looks like one of them from the old Planet of the Apes :-P lol

Flab-Ender
08-19-2008, 01:13 PM
It almost looks like its head is detatched. I say its fake. Until they have proof im sticking with that it's BS.

rukisuto
08-19-2008, 01:58 PM
It almost looks like its head is detatched. I say its fake. Until they have proof im sticking with that it's BS.

They took DNA samples of the body.
And they're doing an autopsy on it sometime soon.