PDA

View Full Version : Ps3 RPGs...

Yuuki
08-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Okies!
So my dad bought a Ps3, he likes shooting games. (Already got a thread going for meh dad ) I like RPG games.
I know like...nothing about Ps3 games. XD

Are there any good RPG games out there for it?
Examples of games I like for the Ps2 would be FF, Kingdom Hearts ( HUGE fan ) and Star Ocean. =)

jakncoke
08-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Okies!
So my dad bought a Ps3, he likes shooting games. (Already got a thread going for meh dad ) I like RPG games.
I know like...nothing about Ps3 games. XD

Are there any good RPG games out there for it?
Examples of games I like for the Ps2 would be FF, Kingdom Hearts ( HUGE fan ) and Star Ocean. =)

FF13 and FF vs 13 are ages away
Kingdom Hearts 3 is likely a Wii exclusive
Star Ocean 4 is currently a 360 exclusive.

tbh, the PS3 is pretty much barren wasteland when it comes to current RPG's. most of the stuff is ages away

Oblivion is fun and long
Fallout 3 comes out soonish
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice comes out like next week
Valkyria Chronicles comes out in Nov
Folklore has a unique flavor...try the demo
Borderlands comes out soonish IIRC

Shixx
08-18-2008, 08:05 PM
You might try Enchanted Arms Some people hate it some people love it.
Eternal sonata is coming to the PS3 in october it's a pretty good RPG.
but as jakncoke said most RPG's are pretty far away or Exclusive for the time being.

jakncoke
08-18-2008, 08:16 PM
You might try Enchanted Arms Some people hate it some people love it.
Eternal sonata is coming to the PS3 in october it's a pretty good RPG.
but as jakncoke said most RPG's are pretty far away or Exclusive for the time being.

source? I see JPN release dates for Sept but can't find anything that says anything about a NA Oct release.

EpsilonX
08-18-2008, 08:25 PM
I agree with the suggestion of Enchanted Arms. I played that game and loved it. It's not a game to be taken seriously though. The characters are all goofy, and some features of it are slightly odd (pizza-headed monsters, eating 50 slices of pizza by pressing x a lot) but it's a fun game. If you need a break from RPG's with plots that take themselves seriously, go for Enchanted arms. It's also a reasonable price.

Scott
08-19-2008, 04:38 AM
The only good PS3 RPG I know of is Oblivion it's awesome if you like RPGs you gotta get it.

Yuuki
08-19-2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks guys!
About KH, I still think it is going to be on the Ps3. I just PRAY it won't be a Wii exclusive....
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice and Valkyria Chronicles sound awesome! =] Thankies!
And Samus-Fan told me about Oblivion, heard it's great from many people.

Flab-Ender
08-19-2008, 10:53 PM
Thanks guys!
About KH, I still think it is going to be on the Ps3. I just PRAY it won't be a Wii exclusive....
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice and Valkyria Chronicles sound awesome! =] Thankies!
And Samus-Fan told me about Oblivion, heard it's great from many people.

About KH3, I don't think it comes out for like 2 or 3 years.

jakncoke
08-19-2008, 10:59 PM
About KH3, I don't think it comes out for like 2 or 3 years.

That too so really it's not even worrying about what console it's on atm

Shixx
08-19-2008, 11:05 PM
source? I see JPN release dates for Sept but can't find anything that says anything about a NA Oct release.

Gamefly, and they're pretty good about Release dates. oct 23rd

Yuuki
08-19-2008, 11:53 PM
I have heard about a new KH3 being released this year.
Not sure which one though.
There are so many KH games out in Japan.. ._.;

Iceskater101
08-20-2008, 12:07 AM
really
I like that series of games
I heard it was a wii exclusive for kindom hearts 3
that would suck for you

jakncoke
08-20-2008, 09:34 AM
I have heard about a new KH3 being released this year.
Not sure which one though.
There are so many KH games out in Japan.. ._.;

false, there will be Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days releasing in JPN though and Kingdom Hearts coded, but as it stands Tetsuya Nomura is currently working on several FF projects with the biggest being FF 13 Vs, and seeing FF 13 Vs. is so far away that just shows that KH3 is still far away.

Flab-Ender
08-20-2008, 09:37 AM
false, there will be Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days releasing in JPN though and Kingdom Hearts coded, but as it stands Tetsuya Nomura is currently working on several FF projects with the biggest being FF 13 Vs, and seeing FF 13 Vs. is so far away that just shows that KH3 is still far away.

Whats Kindom hearts 358/2?

jakncoke
08-20-2008, 09:40 AM
Whats Kindom hearts 358/2?

for the DS and this what I pulled from wiki

The story is a midquel centering on the daily life of the main character Roxas, and spans from events that take place during the first game, Kingdom Hearts, to the events between Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II. The game will explore the time from Roxas's creation until his confrontation with Riku that leads to his placement in the data-based Twilight Town in Kingdom Hearts II. It is planned to feature 3D graphics, and single and multiplayer modes of play

Flab-Ender
08-20-2008, 09:49 AM
A kindom hearts for the DS. Dosn't sound very good.

jakncoke
08-20-2008, 09:51 AM
A kindom hearts for the DS. Dosn't sound very good.

dismissing it just because it's on the DS is :laugh: worthy.

Samus-Fan
08-20-2008, 10:31 AM
IT doesn't sound that bad. I never understood how Roxas was even created or how he got put into the story.
And games can be good on the DS. Just because it is a handheld doesn't mean anything.
What was that one new Doom-Related Shooter coming out on the DS?

Flab-Ender
08-20-2008, 01:43 PM
IT doesn't sound that bad. I never understood how Roxas was even created or how he got put into the story.
And games can be good on the DS. Just because it is a handheld doesn't mean anything.
What was that one new Doom-Related Shooter coming out on the DS?

Roxas was like the opposite of Sora I think. Also I played anothe KH game on a handheld and it was bad.

Shixx
08-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Chain of Memories wasn't too bad. battle system was kinda annoying.

Flab-Ender
08-20-2008, 02:02 PM
I didn't like it. I din't get it at all.

Yuuki
08-20-2008, 07:53 PM
@Samus-Fan:
Ok, Roxas is Sora's Noboday as Namine is Kairi's Noboday.
The Nobodies are invovled with the Organization 13.
If you noticed how Namine was being forced to work for the Organization 13 by rearranging Sora's memories in Chain of Memories. And piecing things together in KH2.
And Sora was number 13 in the Organization working with Axel at one point. lol

@Flab-Ender: Chain of Memories?
I think you told me that you haven't played the first KH game. That is probably why. lol

Anyway, yeah. I didn't like Chain of Memories battle system that much either.
It was for the Ps2 in Japan. >.<
Made me upset. lol

And 358/2 Days sounds fun to me. =] Lol.
Especially since it stars Roxas! Lol.

Flab-Ender
08-20-2008, 07:58 PM
@Samus-Fan:
Ok, Roxas is Sora's Noboday as Namine is Kairi's Noboday.
The Nobodies are invovled with the Organization 13.
If you noticed how Namine was being forced to work for the Organization 13 by rearranging Sora's memories in Chain of Memories. And piecing things together in KH2.
And Sora was number 13 in the Organization working with Axel at one point. lol

@Flab-Ender: Chain of Memories?
I think you told me that you haven't played the first KH game. That is probably why. lol

Anyway, yeah. I didn't like Chain of Memories battle system that much either.
It was for the Ps2 in Japan. >.<
Made me upset. lol

And 358/2 Days sounds fun to me. =] Lol.
Especially since it stars Roxas! Lol.

Chain of memories wasn't the first game. Also I have played the first game but only once.

Yuuki
08-20-2008, 09:08 PM
I am aware of that.
I was saying that you probably don't understand Chain of Memories because you didn't play the first one.

Playing a little bit of the first one probably isn't enough to understand the concept. lol

Flab-Ender
08-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Well ya I guess your right.

Yuuki
08-20-2008, 09:55 PM
I know I am. :) Jk.
But yeah. Anyway...
Know any good Ps3 RPGs? ;-;

My friend Darrin told me about one called Phantasy Star Universe: Ambiton of the Illuminus for the Ps3. Unless it was for a different system.
I forget.

jakncoke
08-21-2008, 12:55 PM
I know I am. :) Jk.
But yeah. Anyway...
Know any good Ps3 RPGs? ;-;

My friend Darrin told me about one called Phantasy Star Universe: Ambiton of the Illuminus for the Ps3. Unless it was for a different system.
I forget.

Never heard of it so I searched and ya not for PS3 but it released for PC/PS2/360...

Yuuki
08-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Ohh yeah.
It was the Ps2.
Thankies for confirming!