PDA

View Full Version : 360 controller slightly redesigned

jakncoke
08-20-2008, 09:07 AM
UK, August 20, 2008 - A subtly redesigned Xbox 360 controller has been spotted on the showroom floor at this year's Games Convention in Leipzig, sporting a new-feel d-pad that addresses the previously unresponsive and spongy model.

While aesthetically identical to the previous controller, the d-pad has been re-engineered to offer more instant control, with an eight way input taking place of the previous four. A brief hands-on with the controller playing Pro Evolution 2009 proved that the redesign has been effective, with the d-pad sitting in a larger rocker and proving more tactile.

It's expected to release at the same time as this year's Pro Evolution Soccer, and the re-design is thought to have been inspired by the imminent release of Street Fighter IV.

We'll have photos of the new controller - though don't expect to see the difference - and further impressions later on.

IGN: GC 2008: Xbox 360 Controller Redesigned (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/900/900487p1.html)

good news the current d-pad is a flipping joke.

Samus-Fan
08-20-2008, 09:34 AM
Too bad I'm not buying new controllers just for the new D-Pad.
I think the current ones are just fine for what I use them for: COD4, and even then, you barely use it.

Nice try to get more money out of people...probably had this planned since it came out.

Flab-Ender
08-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Ya same here, I don't really use the D-pad. Only for oblivion which, One I rarley play it and two oblvion raley uses the d-pad.

jakncoke
08-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Too bad I'm not buying new controllers just for the new D-Pad.
I think the current ones are just fine for what I use them for: COD4, and even then, you barely use it.

Nice try to get more money out of people...probably had this planned since it came out.

I think it has to do with so many complaining about it when they are forced to use it in certain games.

Samus-Fan
08-20-2008, 09:42 AM
Name a game where they are forced to use it, 'cause all the ones I played you have an option.

Flab-Ender
08-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Good point. A lot of games don't really use th d-pad. And if they do its only slightly.

jakncoke
08-20-2008, 09:47 AM
Name a game where they are forced to use it, 'cause all the ones I played you have an option.

I don't have a 360 so bear with me but fighters in general have drawn many complaints as well has basically any game that user has tryed to use it for, so you like the d-pad? because although I haven't long distance playing I found it to be a complete joke in comparison to the PS3 design

Flab-Ender
08-20-2008, 09:48 AM
The Ps3 design is the same as the ps2 exept for a few adjustments.

jakncoke
08-20-2008, 09:52 AM
The Os3 design is the same as the ps2 exept for a few adjustments.

what's your point? why fix something that isn't broke?

Samus-Fan
08-20-2008, 10:21 AM
I don't have a 360 so bear with me but fighters in general have drawn many complaints as well has basically any game that user has tryed to use it for, so you like the d-pad? because although I haven't long distance playing I found it to be a complete joke in comparison to the PS3 design

Well then how do you know if they force you to use it? And how can you voice your opinion on it if you don't have one?
All the games I have played, tried, read upon, and looks at and heard of don't make you use the D-Pad. You get an option to use it or the left c-stick.

And no, I am not saying I am in love with the current D-Pad. I am just saying it is such a small problem that it isn't worth the 80 bucks to replace your 2 controllers just for the D-Pad, which isn't that bad anyway.

jakncoke
08-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Well then how do you know if they force you to use it? And how can you voice your opinion on it if you don't have one?
All the games I have played, tried, read upon, and looks at and heard of don't make you use the D-Pad. You get an option to use it or the left c-stick.

And no, I am not saying I am in love with the current D-Pad. I am just saying it is such a small problem that it isn't worth the 80 bucks to replace your 2 controllers just for the D-Pad, which isn't that bad anyway.

I'm using the opinions of neogaf 360 owners, sure that really isn't how I should do it, but neogaf has never let me down and when I'm basically in the dark I trust they're opinions way more than any other site members and when you go into a thread and all you see if " **** ya" " about time" "day ****ing 1" and numerous other positive opinions, that says a lot imo.

Samus-Fan
08-20-2008, 10:29 AM
You aren't answering my question.

jakncoke
08-20-2008, 10:32 AM
You aren't answering my question.

Neogaf dude, and like I said I have limited time play but with my limited time play+ neogaf overwhelming dislike for it I'll kindly dump that POS into the do not bin and if don't like me giving an opinion like I just did that's just too ****ing bad now isn't.

Samus-Fan
08-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Neogaf dude, and like I said I have limited time play but with my limited time play+ neogaf overwhelming dislike for it I'll kindly dump that POS into the do not bin and if don't like me giving an opinion like I just did that's just too ****ing bad now isn't.

But you can't show me a game that forces you to use it! And if you can't do that, no one will listen to you!
And you aren't stating any opinion. You are stating OTHERS opinions.
Oh, and fix your grammar. isn't should have an "it" after it.

Just stating things from Neogaf isn't going to show me anything. All it will show me is that you are trying to make the 360 sound so much worse then the PS3.

jakncoke
08-20-2008, 10:42 AM
But you can't show me a game that forces you to use it! And if you can't do that, no one will listen to you!

Just stating things from Neogaf isn't going to show me anything. [B]All it will show me is that you are trying to make the 360 sound so much worse then the PS3.

Bold1: dude you have no idea how much I don't care

Bold2: grammar nazi be gone, this is the internet not english class

Bold3: The 360 is great, well the games for it are ...hardware not so much, I haven't brought up anything other than a ****ty d-pad which imo ps3's is better, If you even read some my posts before you'd already know that I plan on getting a 360.

-------------------

Edit: new info in...total fail...

However, the new pad is "a limited edition promotional item that is only available in Europe, Asia and Latin America while supplies last", which is likely to upset fans who feel the d-pad needs full-time replacement rather than a one-off patch for PES.

Microsoft confirms revised 360 d-pad News - Page 1 // Xbox 360 /// Eurogamer - Games Reviews, News and More (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=218894)

Trunks
08-20-2008, 03:36 PM

Just stating things from Neogaf isn't going to show me anything. All it will show me is that you are trying to make the 360 sound so much worse then the PS3.

Maybe people don't like the analog stick, did you ever think of that? So the people who use the D-pad for all the games that they can probably want it to be playable. I own a 360 and I agree with Jakncoke, you can't be wrong in a opinion. You don't have to try something to think if its good or bad. Do you think killing someone is right? Probably not, but how would you know if you never did it before....

Samus-Fan
08-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Maybe people don't like the analog stick, did you ever think of that? So the people who use the D-pad for all the games that they can probably want it to be playable. I own a 360 and I agree with Jakncoke, you can't be wrong in a opinion. You don't have to try something to think if its good or bad. Do you think killing someone is right? Probably not, but how would you know if you never did it before....

Wow, congratz. You deserve so much for having a 360.
Name one person in this world who doesn't like the analog stick. Name 5, and I'll stop arguing. I want you to be honest, don't just make up some names.

And how can you relate a 360 controller to a killer?
Yes, some killing is good (Dexter) but some killing is bad (Some show where they just kill people)
I never said his opinion is wrong. I'm saying he can't say it is his opinion when he is just reading what other people said.

Trunks
08-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Name one person in this world who doesn't like the analog stick. Name 5, and I'll stop arguing. I want you to be honest, don't just make up some names.

And how can you relate a 360 controller to a killer?
Yes, some killing is good (Dexter) but some killing is bad (Some show where they just kill people)
I never said his opinion is wrong. I'm saying he can't say it is his opinion when he is just reading what other people said.

Your so childish...... You are saying that there isn't more than 5 people who use the D-pad? If you are then there is no point in arguing with you, because you are ignorant. Get over it Samus, respect other peoples opinions, it doesn't matter if he used it or not. Just by looking at a controller you can sort of get a feel for it. I do use the D-pad in games like Mortal Combat. They basically force you to use them, it's harder to hit the correct direction with the analog. I sometimes use the D-pad on Forza 2. I like it better for races that don't have sharp turns, because I can rest my thumb on the controller.

Just because you think the D-pad is pointless doesn't mean it's a total fail and no one else likes it.

Yuuki
08-20-2008, 07:26 PM
Really now boys. Stop arguing over something rather silly.

Trunks
08-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Really now boys. Stop arguing over something rather silly.

That's what forums are for..... You rant about things.....

Samus-Fan
08-20-2008, 08:28 PM
That's what forums are for..... You rant about things.....

I bet to differ.
Forums are for communicating with other people. Not for yelling at other people and calling them idiots.

Flab-Ender
08-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Ya Trunks call down. And you were yelling at me.

Trunks
08-20-2008, 08:33 PM
I bet to differ.
Forums are for communicating with other people. Not for yelling at other people and calling them idiots.

you are a idi.....

So you have nothing to say about my other post? why, because you know that not everyone in the world uses the analog only. There for you are wrong.....

Ya Trunks call down. And you were yelling at me.

what?

Samus-Fan
08-20-2008, 08:38 PM
you are a idi.....

So you have nothing to say about my other post? why, because you know that not everyone in the world uses the analog (stick) only. There for, you are wrong.....

what?

Well, sorry I am trying to stop arguing. If you really want to...
No, I am not wrong. All games use the analog. No games force you to use the D-Pad. You have an option, but they do not force you. The controller was not designed for the player to play with the D-Pad.
Racing games doesn't matter. It's called "drift". That way, you don't need tight turns.
Mortal Combat, Sure. If you aren't good enough to know how to use the analog stick, use the D-Pad. But it wasn't meant to be used for it.

And if you wanna play grammar nazi, learn grammar first. I just pointed out all your mistakes.

Trunks
08-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Well, sorry I am trying to stop arguing. If you really want to...
No, I am not wrong. All games use the analog. No games force you to use the D-Pad. You have an option, but they do not force you. The controller was not designed for the player to play with the D-Pad.
Racing games doesn't matter. It's called "drift". That way, you don't need tight turns.
Mortal Combat, Sure. If you aren't good enough to know how to use the analog stick, use the D-Pad. But it wasn't meant to be used for it.

And if you wanna play grammar nazi, learn grammar first. I just pointed out all your mistakes.

Who's playing? I couldn't understand what he was trying to play....

Anyway, you said that no one uses the D-pad..... I do so your theory is wrong..... Also you still didn't answer my question. Do you think there are less than 5 people in the world that you the d-pad?

Flab-Ender
08-20-2008, 08:49 PM
Who's playing? I couldn't understand what he was trying to play....

Anyway, you said that no one uses the D-pad..... I do so your theory is wrong..... Also you still didn't answer my question. Do you think there are less than 5 people in the world that you the d-pad?

What does that mean?

Samus-Fan
08-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Who's playing? I couldn't understand what he was trying to play(Change that to "say")....

Anyway, you said that no one uses the D-pad..... I do(,) so your theory is wrong..... Also(,) you still didn't answer my question. Do you think there are less than 5 people in the world that you(Change that to "use") the d-pad?

No ones playing. You may not point out ANYONES mistakes until you can be mistake free. Oh, and check your mistakes this time, too.

I'm pretty sure I said name 5 people that don't like the analog stick, not the D-Pad. I bet there are more then 5 people in the world that use the D-Pad, but not 5 people YOU KNOW that don't like the analog stick.

Trunks
08-20-2008, 08:57 PM
No ones playing. You may not point out ANYONES mistakes until you can be mistake free. Oh, and check your mistakes this time, too.

I have dyslexia.... effects writing and reading....

Also, if you would read... I wasn't pointing out his mistake, I couldn't understand what he was trying to say.

I'm pretty sure I said name 5 people that don't like the analog stick, not the D-Pad. I bet there are more then 5 people in the world that use the D-Pad, but not 5 people YOU KNOW that don't like the analog stick.

What do people I know have to do with anything? That's just a small population over the world. Your whole debate was about the D-pad being useless. If people use it when they game, then it's not useless. So get over the fact that your always right. You can't be right on an opinion based topic.

I understand your opinion fine.... Most games are better with the analog stick. I agree, but you can't say that that the D-pad is useless.

Samus-Fan
08-20-2008, 09:03 PM
What do people I know have to do with anything? That's just a small population over the world. Your whole debate was about the D-pad being useless. If people use it when they game, then it's not useless. So get over the fact that your always right. You can't be right on an opinion based topic.

I understand your opinion fine.... Most games are better with the analog stick. I agree, but you can't say that that the D-pad is useless.

Show me a post that I did stating that I said these words, "The D-Pad is useless."
If you can, ok. I will stop. If you can't, then that is just another thing you were wrong about. I never said the D-Pad is useless. I was saying how it isn't useless, to tell you the truth.

Flab-Ender
08-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Maybe it's not useless but it's stil isn't very usefull when you can use the analog stick.

Trunks
08-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Maybe it's not useless but it's stil isn't very usefull when you can use the analog stick.

It's useful to me, I already explained how it's better for some races on Forza and Grand Turismo..... Your backing tracking which doesn't help a discussion....

Samus-Fan
08-20-2008, 09:06 PM
You never answered to my post, Trunks.

Flab-Ender
08-20-2008, 09:09 PM
It's useful to me, I already explained how it's better for some races on Forza and Grand Turismo..... Your backing tracking which doesn't help a discussion....

Just like samus-fan said. You can drift.

Trunks
08-20-2008, 09:14 PM
You never answered to my post, Trunks.

I didn't see it...

I could go and quote like 3 or 4 different things that lead to the D-pad being useless. You didn't say that exactly, but you said things like.... It's not a big problem.. ( it is for people who use the D-pad).

Just because a game doesn't force you to use it doesn't mean there isn't a need for a D-pad. Almost all your post lead on to that... I'm not quoting them all. Seriously though, do you under stand where I am coming from? Or are you to stubborn to realize someones else opinion

Just like smaus-fan said. You can drift.

What are you talking about..... You can drift? ummm okay? Great?

Samus-Fan
08-20-2008, 09:25 PM
I didn't see it...

I could go and quote like 3 or 4 different things that lead to the D-pad being useless. You didn't say that exactly, but you said things like.... It's not a big problem.. ( it is for people who use the D-pad).

Just because a game doesn't force you to use it doesn't mean there isn't a need for a D-pad. Almost all your post lead on to that... I'm not quoting them all. Seriously though, do you under stand where I am coming from? Or are you to stubborn to realize someones else opinion

Then show me some of them. Go towards the beginning of this thread...I clearly said that the D-Pad wasn't useless, and I have been defending that.
No, I don't see where you are coming from, because you aren't right. I'm not stubborn. I can see what you are typing and I can read and understand it. But why would I be arguing with you if you were right?

Trunks
08-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Then show me some of them. Go towards the beginning of this thread...I clearly said that the D-Pad wasn't useless, and I have been defending that.
No, I don't see where you are coming from, because you aren't right. I'm not stubborn. I can see what you are typing and I can read and understand it. But why would I be arguing with you if you were right?

Well I thought I saw 3 or 4 things and when I looked back I found one that lead up too it.... I just forgot to erase the "3 or 4 things".

If you can't see where I am coming from then you are stubborn. You think your opinion is the right one and everyone else is wrong. I never said do you think I am right. I said do you see where I am coming from.... If you read and understand it then you should see where I'm coming from. If you don't want to optionalize ( made up a word for it because I don't feel like thinking of the right word ) other peoples opinions then its pointless discussing anything with you. I think the reason you don't understand what I'm saying is because your 13... Unless if your not 13 then you are just stubborn...

Samus-Fan
08-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Well I thought I saw 3 or 4 things and when I looked back I found one that lead up too it.... I just forgot to erase the "3 or 4 things".

If you can't see where I am coming from then you are stubborn. You think your opinion is the right one and everyone else is wrong. I never said do you think I am right. I said do you see where I am coming from.... If you read and understand it then you should see where I'm coming from. If you don't want to optionalize ( made up a word for it because I don't feel like thinking of the right word ) other peoples opinions then its pointless discussing anything with you. I think the reason you don't understand what I'm saying is because your 13... Unless if your not 13 then you are just stubborn...

You're calling me dumb because I'm 13?
Only about half of what you say makes sense and you're 15.
If I am dumb what does that make you?
And you didn't show me the one thing that lead you to believe I was saying the D-Pad is useless. Even then, it is one out of however many posts I have in this one thread. I still wanna see the one post.

Trunks
08-20-2008, 09:38 PM
You're calling me dumb because I'm 13?
Only about half of what you say makes sense and you're 15.
If I am dumb what does that make you?
And you didn't show me the one thing that lead you to believe I was saying the D-Pad is useless. Even then, it is one out of however many posts I have in this one thread. I still wanna see the one post.

Go look up at my post it's either the 2nd or 3rd from last. I stated it....

I never called you dumb.... Understanding peoples opinions and being smart are two different things.

Flab-Ender
08-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Im with samus-fan, think before you say, or type.

Samus-Fan
08-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Not seeing it. How about you just quote it again?

And yes, saying I don't understand people because I am 13 is calling me dumb.

Trunks
08-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Not seeing it. How about you just quote it again?

And yes, saying I don't understand people because I am 13 is calling me dumb.

It's not quoted, because I didn't copy it word for word. I just typed in in there. Go up and read it quit being lazy.

Also, who said you can't understand people? I said you can't take in other peoples opinions, because you think you are always right.

Samus-Fan
08-22-2008, 11:20 AM
I think the reason you don't understand what I'm saying is because your 13

Really? You weren't saying I don't understand people?

Trunks
08-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Really? You weren't saying I don't understand people?

Think what you won't there is no point in arguing with a kid who thinks they are always right.

Samus-Fan
08-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Think what you won't there is no point in arguing with a kid who thinks they are always right.

How am I thinking? I just quoted what you said, and you still deny it!
Yea, you're right, I have no idea why I am arguing with you.

Trunks
08-22-2008, 03:25 PM
How am I thinking? I just quoted what you said, and you still deny it!
Yea, you're right, I have no idea why I am arguing with you.

Lol I never said that you don't understand people... I said you don't understand what I'm saying. I was referring to You don't understand my opinion.... I don't know how you got people out of that.

Samus-Fan
08-22-2008, 03:33 PM
It's not quoted, because I didn't copy it word for word. I just typed in in there. Go up and read it quit being lazy.

Also, who said you can't understand people? I said you can't take in other peoples opinions, because you think you are always right.

I would make up your mind. First you say I don't understand other people, then you say I don't understand what you are saying, then you say I don't understand others opinions, and now you say I don't understand your opinion.

How can you fight with someone who is just twisting what they say so the argument is always going their way?

Trunks
08-22-2008, 04:03 PM
I would make up your mind. First you say I don't understand other people, then you say I don't understand what you are saying, then you say I don't understand others opinions, and now you say I don't understand your opinion.

How can you fight with someone who is just twisting what they say so the argument is always going their way?

Go show me where I typed You don't understand people..... you have no idea what your talking about.

Samus-Fan
08-22-2008, 05:53 PM
You have no idea what your talking about.

I said you can't take in other peoples opinions

Wouldn't both of those be calling me dumb, Trunks?
And how is stating my opinion not taking in anyone else's. You are the one who isn't listening to me.
Oh, and when you called me a kid, you are one too. Sorry, you aren't an adult until you hit 18.

Trunks
08-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Wouldn't both of those be calling me dumb, Trunks?
And how is stating my opinion not taking in anyone else's. You are the one who isn't listening to me.
Oh, and when you called me a kid, you are one too. Sorry, you aren't an adult until you hit 18.

I said you can't understand peoples opinions, completely different from what you are saying. I could acutally care less what you think I meant when you said that. So whatever you think I said, your right... Like always.

kiddies......

Samus-Fan
08-22-2008, 10:17 PM
I said you can't understand peoples opinions, completely different from what you are saying. I could acutally care less what you think I meant when you said that. So whatever you think I said, your right... Like always.

kiddies......

Ha, I love how you say I don't take in other peoples words, but yet you aren't. You won't accept that you did intend to say I was dumb. You won't accept it, because then, you would be (gasp!) wrong...like always.

And 15 is a kid too. Sorry to burst your bubble, Mr. Giant Ego.

Djdoubt03
08-22-2008, 10:59 PM
the controler is fine the way it is

Trunks
08-23-2008, 07:27 AM
Ha, I love how you say I don't take in other peoples words, but yet you aren't. You won't accept that you did intend to say I was dumb. You won't accept it, because then, you would be (gasp!) wrong...like always.

And 15 is a kid too. Sorry to burst your bubble, Mr. Giant Ego.

My point exactly... If you want me to call you dumb I can? Is that what you really want? When ever I say something you change it up..... Once again. I said you don't understand other peoples opinions... not words. Quit crying about it kiddie...... So shhh. You made us go way off topic, because of your 13 year old whining.

Samus-Fan
08-23-2008, 09:35 AM
My point exactly... If you want me to call you dumb I can? Is that what you really want? When ever I say something you change it up..... Once again. I said you don't understand other peoples opinions... not words. Quit crying about it kiddie...... So shhh. You made us go way off topic, because of your 13 year old whining.

Really? Its my fault we went off topic?
Go back and read Mr. Dumbass. I'm pretty sure you'll find that YOU made this argument into what it is. If it wasn't for your giant ego, and your need to be right, this wouldn't even have happened.
And truly, I turn 14 soon. So I don't have 13 year old whining, *****.

And I said you said I don't understand people. If I don't "understand" others, that would be calling me dumb.
I am not making you call me dumb, because I am not like you. I am not dumb. I am just showing you that you did intend to call me dumb but will not accept it because you are always right.

And learn your grammar. I don't care if you have deslexia or whatever, you can proofread, unless you are just too lazy to read what you write.

rukisuto
08-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Would you two just cut it out?
I'm sick of hearing/seeing this crap.
If you keep going I'm gonna infract you for insulting each other.

LiNuX
08-24-2008, 12:43 AM
why did i keep skipping over this post? i kept thinking its the ps3 keyboard thread for some reason

but seriously both of you need to stop as ruki said - she cant infract trunks anymore for this but i still can and when a mod gets an infraction, he no longer stays a mod

so back to...360 controller SLIGHTLY redesigned