PDA

View Full Version : GTI Club+ coming to PSN this November

jakncoke
08-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Konami has today announced that it will release a completely updated and enhanced version of its popular GTI Club arcade game for PlayStation 3 via the PlayStation Store this November. GTI Club+ will feature all-new HD visuals and greatly expanded gameplay.

The original arcade game was released to great acclaim in 1996, largely thanks to its fun and manic free-roaming gameplay that featured four styles of rally car and a unique handbrake feature for making sharp turns. The PSN remake retains the open gameplay and has been enhanced with 720 60FPS visuals and online play for up to eight players.

Developer SUMO Digital Entertainment has also upped the car quota considerably, with a host of vintage and modern vehicles joining the roster. The game will also feature newly updated 5.1 surround sound and will support Sony's Eye Toy HD, allowing players to see their rivals as they play.

Game modes on offer will include Free Run, Arcade and Bomb Tag and hardcore racers will also be able to see just how good they are thanks to the addition of worldwide rankings.

"GTI Club+ brings the fun back to racing games and offers incredible value for money," commented Dave Cox, Head of Product Planning for Konami Digital Entertainment. "It is the most ambitious and expansive addition to the PlayStation Network to date, and brings one of the most exciting coin-ops of yesteryear bang up to date with stunning HD visuals, all new in-game elements and the ability to add new elements to keep the gameplay fresh."

GTI Club+ is scheduled for release in November and you can expect our first impressions of the game soon.

http://static.videogamer.com/videogamer/images/ps3/gti_club/news/9137_1_ed996d2a22.jpg

never played it when it first was in the arcades cause I was young as hell but it's nice to see PSN lineup expanding.

GameVideos - GTI Club+ trailer Video (http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/20906)

Scott
08-20-2008, 05:28 PM
I've never even heard of it.... I would have only been 5 at the time... So I'll probably not buy this.

jakncoke
01-18-2009, 11:09 PM
After playing the demo, I think this is game I will purchase eventually. Was quite fun for what the demo offered.

Trunks
01-18-2009, 11:16 PM
hmm, sounds pretty different most other racing games. Would be fun it most of it was online. I'll download the demo when I'm not to lazy.

Doubt I'll buy it though. That's when GT 5 is going to be coming out. Around there at least, probably around Xmas or a month after or so.

jakncoke
01-18-2009, 11:32 PM
It's already out. this is a old thread. Also don't be so sure about a 2009 release of GT5, at least a USA release anyways...JPN might get it

Trunks
01-19-2009, 12:16 AM
It's already out. this is a old thread. Also don't be so sure about a 2009 release of GT5, at least a USA release anyways...JPN might get it

oh, lol I didn't see the date on it. Thought it meant November as in this coming November in 2009. Might hold me off till GT5, how much are games on PSN, haven't really looked around on it yet.

Yea, I heard from a lot of people it would be in 2010. I'm just hoping it won't be and if it is, it's a Jan or Feb release.

jakncoke
01-19-2009, 08:34 AM
oh, lol I didn't see the date on it. Thought it meant November as in this coming November in 2009. Might hold me off till GT5, how much are games on PSN, haven't really looked around on it yet.

Yea, I heard from a lot of people it would be in 2010. I'm just hoping it won't be and if it is, it's a Jan or Feb release.

There's no standard price, as for GTi Club, it's 9.99