PDA

View Full Version : 160 gb PS3 bundle coming this November

jakncoke
08-20-2008, 11:40 AM
SCE America Announces Limited-Edition Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Bundle Featuring New 160GB PS3
PS3 Bundle Includes Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, PLAYSTATION Network Voucher for PAIN and DUALSHOCK 3 Wireless Controller, Offering Tremendous Value to Consumers.

August 20, 2008 - Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) today announced plans to introduce a new 160GB PLAYSTATION(R)3 (PS3(TM)) computer entertainment system in North America as part of the limited-edition Uncharted: Drake's Fortune(TM) PS3 system bundle. The increased storage size enables entertainment enthusiasts to store even more movies, television shows, and games downloaded from PLAYSTATION(R)Network, as well as more videos, music, and photos from their personal collection. Slated to launch in November for $499.99 (MSRP), the 160GB PS3 system will come bundled with the hit game, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune(TM), a PLAYSTATION Network voucher for PAIN, and a DUALSHOCK(R)3 wireless controller. The previously announced 80GB PS3 system ($399.99 MSRP) has started shipping to retailers.

"As PLAYSTATION Network continues to evolve with our recently launched video delivery service and more exclusive games, PS3 owners are demanding more storage capacity," said Jack Tretton, president and CEO, SCEA. "Consumers also are utilizing PS3 as an entertainment hub for their digital media, placing content such as their entire music collection on the hard drive. The 160GB PS3 system addresses this growing consumer demand in a compelling bundle that delivers significant value."

The Uncharted: Drake's Fortune PS3 bundle includes the following components:

-- 160GB PS3 system -- The 160GB PS3 is a complete entertainment system comprising a Blu-ray(TM) Disc player, HDMI output, an integrated Wi-Fi connection, and Cell Broadband Engine(TM).

-- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune -- A 400-year-old clue found in the coffin of Sir Francis Drake sets a modern-day fortune hunter, Nathan Drake, on an exploration for the fabled treasure of El Dorado, leading to the discovery of a forgotten island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. The search turns deadly when Drake becomes stranded on the island and hunted by mercenaries. Outnumbered and outgunned, Drake and his companions must fight to survive as they begin to unravel the terrible secrets hidden on the Island.

-- PAIN PLAYSTATION Network Voucher* -- PAIN boldly tackles a rarely explored area of video-gaming ... comedy. The unique mechanic of the game allows the player to load a character into a human-sized, ultra-powerful slingshot, and fire the character into an active, physics-controlled environment, filled with precarious and humorous situations. Download PAIN from PLAYSTATION Store (http://store.playstation.com) to your PS3 system with the included voucher.

-- DUALSHOCK 3 Wireless Controller -- DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller provides the most intuitive game play experience with pressure sensors in each action button and the inclusion of the highly sensitive SIXAXIS(TM) motion sensing technology.

The additional storage space of the 160GB model will benefit consumers, as several highly anticipated PLAYSTATION Network and PS3 games along with add-on content will be available for download soon, including PAIN Amusement Park, Ratchet & Clank(R)Future: Quest for Booty(TM), SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation, and The Last Guy(TM). The bundle is also a great option for consumers who want to utilize PLAYSTATION Network's video delivery service, which offers new blockbuster movies and popular TV shows for download on an ongoing basis.

PS3 momentum has soared in 2008, starting with Blu-ray becoming the high-definition standard and following the launches of key franchise titles, including Gran Turismo(TM) 5 Prologue, Grand Theft Auto(TM) IV, and Metal Gear Solid(R)4: Guns of the Patriots. That momentum will continue into the holidays and beyond, as PS3's software lineup will offer the most depth and breadth of any platform across the industry, delivering highly anticipated exclusives such as BUZZ!(TM): Quiz TV, LittleBigPlanet(TM), Resistance(TM) 2, MotorStorm(TM) Pacific Rift, and Killzone(TM) 2.

PLAYSTATION(R)3 160GB Specification
Product name PLAYSTATION(R)3
CPU Cell Broadband Engine(TM) (Cell/B.E.)
GPU RSX(TM)
Sound Dolby 5.1ch, DTS 5.1ch , LPCM 7.1ch,
AAC, others *1 *2
Memory 256MB XDR Main RAM, 256MB GDDR3
VRAM
HDD 2.5" Serial ATA 160GB
I/O USB 2.0 x2
Communication Ethernet X1 (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
IEEE 802.11 b/g Included
Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR) Included
Wireless controller (Bluetooth) Included
AV Output Screen size 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI OUT x1 *3
AV MULTI OUT x1
DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x1
BD/DVD/CD Maximum Read Speed BD 2x (BD-ROM) Drive DVD 8x (DVD-ROM) (Read Only) CD 24x (CD-ROM)
Dimensions Approximately 12.75in(W) x 3.86in (H) x 10.8in (D)
Weight Approximately 11 lbs
*1 A device compatible with Linear PCM 7.1 Ch. is required to output 7.1 Ch. audio, supported by Dolby TrueHD or a similar format, from the HDMI OUT connector.
*2 This system does not support output from the DTS-HD 7.1 Ch. DTS-HD 7.1 Ch. audio is output from a 5.1 or lower channel.
*3 "Deep Color" and "x.v.Color (xvYCC)" defined by HDMI ver1.3a are supported.

-------
* PLAYSTATION Network registration is required. User responsible for all applicable Internet fees. Voucher for PAIN expires March 30, 2009.

"PlayStation", "PLAYSTATION", "PSP", "PS one" and "UMD" are registered trademarks and "PS3" is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners (C)2008 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.

PS3+160gb+Uncharted+Pain=awesome bundle, but the hell with SKU musical chairs. Sony is defiantly not doing it right, but hey 500 for this is pretty sweet for ppl on the edge.

LiNuX
08-20-2008, 12:21 PM
thats cool - if college semester isnt too pressuring, I was thinking of getting a ps3 or a 360 by christmas - might actually get this if i still have the money for it after paying for books and whatnot

Shixx
08-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Sigh.. I constantly get the feeling I shoulda waited..to get my PS3 and 360.

Hockeyfan
08-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Will this have backwards compatibility?

jakncoke
08-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Will this have backwards compatibility?

No PS2 BC...only PS1...similar to 40 gb, ... but PS2 BC is bye bye so ya unless Sony flip flops there will never be PS2 BC again. Which doesn't surprise me considering PS2 inner parts costs like 35 bucks and sony needs every cent they can get.

Hockeyfan
08-21-2008, 04:55 PM
No PS2 BC...only PS1...similar to 40 gb, ... but PS2 BC is bye bye so ya unless Sony flip flops there will never be PS2 BC again. Which doesn't surprise me considering PS2 inner parts costs like 35 bucks and sony needs every cent they can get.

ok good. I would have been so p1ssed if it did.