PDA

View Full Version : Psp-3000

jakncoke
08-20-2008, 11:54 AM
We also unveiled at Leipzig an updated PSP system (PSP-3000), which we’ll be offering here initially through the previously announced Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters PSP Entertainment Pack and a new PSP 4GB Memory Entertainment Pack. I’m personally excited about the 4GB Memory bundle because we’re including a - you guessed it - 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo, which is the biggest Memory Stick we’ve ever bundled with a PSP. Similar to the new PS3 model, this PSP bundle is the result of the current consumer usage model - where more and more of you are finding that extra memory space is crucial. Check out the press release here for more details on what’s included in the bundles.
The new PSP retains the size and features of the current, slimmed-down PSP (PSP-2000), while incorporating some hardware updates:

* The LCD screen will have a wider color gamut and higher contrast ratio to deliver deeper, more vibrant colors, as well as anti-reflection technology so you can see the screen more clearly when playing outdoors. As you all know, the PSP’s screen is a key strength of the hardware, and this update adds an absolutely dazzling LCD screen to the handheld.
* A built-in microphone allows for Skype calls and multi-player gaming communication directly from the hardware - eliminating the need for attaching a separate headset.

Similar to our firmware updates, the new PSP is simply an opportunity to evolve the platform with the newest technology without adding to the cost of the system. The PSP Entertainment Packs will continue to be $199.99 (MSRP), and later this year we’ll release a standalone, updated PSP in a PSP Core Pack, which remains at $169.99 (MSRP).

updates to LCD screen+GOW/RR/Super Stardust Portable has been really wanting a PSP..sadly, never really thought I'd want one.

LiNuX
08-20-2008, 12:14 PM
yay for anti reflection - i hated those when you are sitting at the worst place at the worst angle lol - and i like microphone idea as well - but i won't be getting this - i still have my old psp and rarely use it

Hockeyfan
08-20-2008, 09:16 PM
The anti-reflection thing is kinda nice, but I don't think I'll be updating.

Iceskater101
08-20-2008, 10:40 PM
I dont have one so maybe i will wait till this comes out but i dont know it depends

EpsilonX
08-20-2008, 10:41 PM
I still have the original PSP from when they were still $250.

Shixx
08-21-2008, 12:58 AM
I have an old PSP if it ever breaks i'll upgrade for sure.

jakncoke
08-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Here is a comparison pic

http://i33.tinypic.com/2s9d20o.jpg

sold.

LiNuX
08-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Here is a comparison pic

http://i33.tinypic.com/2s9d20o.jpg

sold.

looks soo much better, i used to be so careful where i played the psp lol, but if i had that, i can be worry free :D but then again, i doubt i'll be getting it, dont want to waste money on another PSP with just 1 game lol....