PDA

View Full Version : PS3 wireless keyboard

jakncoke
08-20-2008, 11:57 AM
Lastly, we’ve announced a new Wireless Keypad for PS3 that will make text communications and Web browsing much easier. The Wireless Keypad snaps onto the top of a SIXAXIS or DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller and comes with some cool features, including a mode that turns the main key area into a touch pad (similar to a touch pad on a Laptop computer). Once in this mode, you can slide your finger on this area to move the cursor on the screen and tap to enter. There will be two short cut buttons on the Keypad that will enable users to jump directly to the XMB’s “Friends” icon and the “Message Box” during gameplay. The Wireless Keypad will launch in late November.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3160/2780863293_f892bd4206.jpg

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh301/NinjaFridge/2781722342_c342129cd5.jpg

Last but not least, the Wireless Keypad is a Bluetooth device that can not only be used with the PS3 system but with any other Bluetooth enabled device that has Keyboard functionality. You will be able to use it with your smart phones and other portable devices that are equipped with Bluetooth. With the PS3 system, it can be paired and charged seamlessly just by connecting them with a USB cable.

Looks okay, if I ever get it it'll defiantly feel weird playing games

LiNuX
08-20-2008, 12:18 PM
thats actually a good design and great place for it, but i agree, it will feel weird playing games on it lol and you'll kinda have to stretch out your thumbs and adjust your hands to actually reach the letters of the keyboard

but it looks nice, gotta give it that at least

Trunks
08-20-2008, 03:28 PM
The xbox 360 keyboard is better. It plugs into the bottom of the controller and is small enough so it doesn't stick out or get in the way. You don't have to reach as far either.

Scott
08-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Waste of money.... That wont make web browsing easier 'cause the browser will still suck

Shixx
08-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Ehh I just got a $20 USB Keyboard from wal mart.

jakncoke
08-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Waste of money.... That wont make web browsing easier 'cause the browser will still suck

But it will make sending messages to your friends easier and some sends loads so this would be a help to them.

rukisuto
08-21-2008, 12:35 PM
That's a pretty nifty design.
Doesn't really affect me too much, seeing I don't have a PS3.

Scott
08-23-2008, 03:57 AM
I think that looks uncomfortable. I mean if your going to type while playing a game aren't you going to use your 2 thumbs? well, wheres your thumbs located at? near the bottom half i would assume. so your telling me i have to reach my thumbs to the top just so i can type while in game? they should have gone the 360 way and just put it in the bottom. easy access.

MacQuarie
08-24-2008, 02:49 AM
I don't think it will be comfortable for any PC users. I only use my thumbs for the space bar and alt buttons. I don't know how others type.