PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Guncon

MacQuarie
08-21-2008, 04:48 PM
You know, it may just be me, but I am almost certain that when you make a new version of something, it's supposed to get better.

I loved playing Time Crisis and Point Blanc on the PXS, but didn't get a gcon2 for the PS2 and never even knew there was one. I recently thought of getting the new one for the PS3, that was, until I saw it.

((No links, Google: Guncon 1))

These are the Gcon 1 and 2. I'm not too fond of the striped down look of the gcon 2, but I'd still have fun with it.

((No links, Google: Gcon 3))

This is the Gcon 3. In my honest opinion, it looks like a piece of ****. I wouldn't get one for any reason. Even if they made a game based on the Die Hard movies for use with the gcon, and I love the Die Hard series. The point of having a guncon is to use it like a gun. The non-removable half-sixaxis controller is awkward, ugly and just plain stupid.

((No links, Google: Wiiguns))

These are the WiiGun accessories for use with the Wii remote. They all look like win without annoying extra **** on the sides. Although the shotgun looks a wii bit excessive. :P

What is your opinion on this new Gcon?

Does anyone know if Sony will release a classic type of Gcon for the PS3?

jakncoke
08-21-2008, 05:08 PM
My personal opinion it is just a waste of money for the simple reason it really has no support for it now and as it looks won't get it in the future either

MacQuarie
08-21-2008, 06:15 PM
What do you mean by that?

jakncoke
08-21-2008, 08:28 PM
What do you mean by that?

How many games support Guncon 3 right now?
From reading gaming news, I see no announcements of future games using it, therefore it's not worth my time.

Scott
08-22-2008, 06:28 AM
Oh yeah the orange gun for Time Crisis on PS3 is ugly I'd never buy it...