PDA

View Full Version : Second Life Woman Tries to Kidnap 'Virtual' Ex...

Scott
08-24-2008, 02:19 PM
A North Carolina postal worker not ready to end her virtual romance with a Delaware man was arrested in Maryland after breaking into his Claymont apartment in an attempt to kidnap him.

Kimberly Jernigan, 33, of Durham, is being held as a fugitive in the Cecil County Detention Center. She faces charges of attempted kidnapping, aggravated menacing and burglary when extradition to Delaware.

New Castle County police spokesman Cpl. Trinidad Navarro said officers were called to the 52-year-old victim’s apartment in the Whitney Presidential Towers in Claymont at about 5:28 p.m. Thursday for a report of an attempted kidnapping.

When officers arrived, the victim told them that when he got home from work he found an intruder standing in the shadows of his apartment pointing an object at him. The man then saw a laser beam on his torso that was shining from the object the intruder was holding.

The man fled his apartment and called police to report that he believed the intruder was his ex-girlfriend, whom he identified as Jernigan, and alleged that she had also tried to kidnap him two weeks ago at his job in Pennsylvania.

Officers searched the apartment and found her dog, Gogi, bound with duct tape in the bathtub and a pair of handcuffs and duct tape outside the victim’s bedroom window, where Jernigan had cut a screen to get in, Navarro said.

A radio broadcast was issued to surrounding police agencies with a description of Jernigan’s blue 2008 Kia Rio with North Carolina registration.

An hour later, Maryland state troopers found the car and the suspect at the Chesapeake House Rest Stop on I-95. She was taken into custody after a brief struggle, Navarro said. At the time of her arrest, troopers recovered a BB gun and Taser in her car.

An investigation revealed that the two met online on a Web-based game called “Second Life.” The victim, whose character was a lion, engaged in a virtual relationship with Jernigan, whose character was a virtual woman.

After the two met in person a few months ago, the victim broke off the relationship. Jernigan, however, was not ready to end the relationship and tried to kidnap the man at gunpoint two weeks ago at his place of employment in Pennsylvania.

On Monday, Jernigan came back to the state and posed as a local postal worker attempting to deliver a package to him. But since the man had recently moved, she didn’t have his address. After four days, she found his address and went to her apartment with her dog Gogi.

Not wanted to leave the dog in the car while she laid in wait for the victim, she brought the dog with her, Navarro said.

However, the dog started barking, so Jernigan bound his snout with duct tape and locked him in the bathroom. When she split, she left the dog behind. The canine was found in good health and uninjured, Navarro said. He was turned over to the SPCA, which is investigating a possible animal cruelty case.

Link (http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080822/NEWS01/80822022)
lol People take these games too far.

Riku-Nara
08-24-2008, 02:23 PM
i lol'd when i read that the guy was a lion.

Jaykub
08-24-2008, 02:34 PM
LOL. Why must all the nut jobs live 30 minutes away from me

rukisuto
08-24-2008, 02:38 PM
rofl.
Videos games bring some crazy things to this world.

LiNuX
08-24-2008, 02:42 PM
rofl, oh man, im laughing so hard now - i actually played second life for a day or two a while ago, didn't like it too much lol

virtual love gone wrong...and she's 30+ yrs old? talk about growing up

conman1000
08-24-2008, 03:14 PM
rofl, wow. I agree with Master Durham is about 30-45 minutes away from me.

BangkokJames
08-24-2008, 03:27 PM
woot good thing i'm on the other side of the united states. second life is creepy to me for some reason i don't like the fact that most girl avatars in that game are guys same with every online game too.

Iceskater101
08-24-2008, 06:16 PM
that game was taken wayy to serious

BangkokJames
08-24-2008, 07:19 PM
that game was taken wayy to serious

it seems like some people loose focus of wat is fantasy and wat is real too easly in these mmo games

MissLEGENDARY
08-24-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm from NC...durham is a few hours away from me though. This is the reason I have always avoided/laughed at online relationships....don't even get me started on that...lol

Mr Cool
08-24-2008, 08:06 PM
The victim, whose character was a lion

lolwut?

Scott
08-24-2008, 08:07 PM
The victim, whose character was a lion

lolwut?

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g188/TMSpuz/Spuz_Lioncourt.jpg

Mr Cool
08-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Does this remind any of you guys of the CSI New York episode where they investigate real life murders in Second Life?

Trunks
08-24-2008, 08:09 PM
wow.... How stupid. I didn't even laugh, because it was that dumb...

Scott
08-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Does this remind any of you guys of the CSI New York episode where they investigate real life murders in Second Life?

Ahaha, YES. I saw that episode, it was so terrible it was awesome.

LemonRising
08-24-2008, 08:11 PM

This is EXACTLY what I thought of. HAHAH
I love CSI, but usually not the New York series. This episode deemed itself worthy, though.

Iceskater101
08-25-2008, 08:41 PM
This is EXACTLY what I thought of. HAHAH
I love CSI, but usually not the New York series. This episode deemed itself worthy, though.

I like csi miami the best
then the regular csi
and then csi new york

rukisuto
08-25-2008, 08:44 PM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g188/TMSpuz/Spuz_Lioncourt.jpg

rofl.
I would kill for that.

LiNuX
08-25-2008, 11:23 PM
rofl.
I would kill for that.

maybe she thought it was a real life portrait?

kids these days...by kids i mean the "nuts"

TeknoVagrant
08-27-2008, 08:05 AM
Online relationships: cyber poorly and i'll tie up your dog.

Scott
08-27-2008, 08:06 AM
Online relationships: cyber poorly and i'll tie up your dog.

But it was her dog!

TeknoVagrant
08-27-2008, 08:07 AM
But it was her dog!

Oh. Uh. Yeah, i've got nothing *quietly backs away*