PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars The Force Unleashed Demo

jakncoke
08-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Who's tried it yet? started dl'ing it on Thursday and turned off my PS3 too early and just go around to installing it today and well I went in with 0 expectations and to be frank I thought it was going to be boring and tripe but man o man was I ever wrong. From pushing R2+X so you can pick up things and throw it at enemies thus killing them or using that move to pick up an enemy to kill another group or picking up a enemy and throwing him against the wall to kill him or just using the good ol lightsaber, and to keep this huge run on sentence going freaking electrocuting your enemy's is hella fun as well or pushing circle and throwing a force of energy at them, defiantly going to have to pick this up sometime.

LiNuX
08-24-2008, 10:57 PM
sounds pretty good, but i've never played a star wars game like this - i remember playing a strategy game for star wars a long time ago with my cousin on his pc lol but this definitely sounds much better, will see if i can try it out somewhere

Shixx
08-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Hell yeah, I got the Demo for PS3 and 360. It was definitely more comfortable on the PS3 Controller. I screwed around in that starting hallway grabbing random stuff for about 20 min haha

Hockeyfan
08-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna download this. This will probally decide if I get the game or not.

Scott
08-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Well just finished the demo.

The game is brilliant - you are like a God that can do anything. Force gripping soldiers, impaling them with the lightsaber, use throw and scatter them miles away - i simply couldn't get enough. My best moment was when there was a barricade of rebel soldiers shooting at me and i lifted an explosive crate to the right of them and whoosh - forced it to the right and took them all in one shot. This is probably the first jedi game in history where you rely so much on your force powers - its not just an afterthought. And omg, the part where you had to go through a bridge and tie fighters were shooting at you, it was so satisfying to pick up a big object throw it at the Tie fighter as it was coming and watch it getting blasted into shreds. Everything is very well done. Cant wait to play the full game.

My only minor gripe - that walker at the end of the level gave me a hard time, his attacks were doing major damage and your force powers weren't really effective on him - had to pick up objects and throw them at it in order to do more damage, only to trigger a QTE session when i got close (although the results were damn impressive).

But other than that, brilliant game. A must buy for September.

Mr Cool
08-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Sounds freaking sweet, my only grip is no multiplayer. A game like this with 16 players using jedi powers would own hard...

Scott
08-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Sounds freaking sweet, my only grip is no multiplayer. A game like this with 16 players using jedi powers would own hard...

And the Wii version gets a multiplayer mode. I think its just 1 on 1 but that would still be fun. That sucks.

Shixx
08-25-2008, 09:55 PM
That Walker at the end was a pain but in the Intro it showed you force pushing it downward hitting the ground, then rushing at it. Not sure how to pull that off (if you even can in the demo) but I just force pushed him until he fell off the ledge.

Iceskater101
08-26-2008, 06:20 PM
I am definitely going to download this demo
it looks like something I would buy

Veriaset
08-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Starwars games tend to dissapoint.

VenomGundam
08-26-2008, 11:10 PM
i'd say it was fracking epic the finisher on the walker at the end was beautiful the sword combos could have been better but im guessing you unlock more later in the game