PDA

View Full Version : Viva Pinata Trouble In Paradise official Topic

Scott
08-25-2008, 10:18 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a0/Viva_Pinata_Trouble_in_Paradise.jpg

Story
According to the game plot, Piñata Island is once again under siege by Professor Pester and his gang of dim-witted Ruffians, While attempting to steal valuable information about the piñatas, the professor has instead managed to delete all of the data stored in the Piñata Central computer. As a result, all knowledge about piñata species and which piñatas are needed for which parties has been lost, leading to chaos. The player is tasked with restoring order by rebuilding the database, achieved (at least in part) by enticing piñatas to inhabit the garden, filling them with candy, and sending them off to parties around the world.

Game Modes

* Player Guide - A mode intended for younger or newer players, where the fundamental aspects of the game are explained and the game pacing is relaxed.
* Standard Mode - The primary game mode, which includes challenges from sour piñatas, Ruffians, and other forces.
* Just For Fun Mode - A mode where players can hop in and immediately begin working on a garden without worrying about running out of money or having to unlock various items. However, certain more exotic piñatas are not available in this mode, nor are Xbox Live Achievements.

Piñatas

In addition to the roughly 60 unique piñatas from the previous title, Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise adds around 30 new animals to the mix, raising the total number (of which some are not fully distinct) to over 100. New species include Camellos, Custations, Pengums, Tigermisus, Moojoo and others.

A number of the new species are specifically designed to inhabit the title's two new areas: the icy Piñarctic and the arid Dessert Desert. These areas are not part of the main garden, but rather can be visited for the purpose of capturing piñatas. This is done by baiting purchased traps with items which each species is attracted to, and then shipping any successfully captured piñata back to the player's garden.

Rare indicated that, with the sequel, they have "perfected the food chain", increasing the variety of items which piñatas will eat and the results which will occur when they do. This is intended to reduce the repetitive "instruct each piñata to eat every possible item" activity which was sometimes required in the earlier title.

Garden

While the size of the in-game garden is not any larger than in the previous title, the numbers of items which can be placed in the garden simultaneously has been substantially increased. Nonetheless, players can now move the cursor slightly outside the confines of the garden in order to view things occurring around the edges, particularly to view visiting animals who have not yet become residents.

Numerous new items and interactive objects are available as well, including toys for the piñatas to play with.

While the original Viva Piñata had a primitive system where two players could mutually control the single game cursor using different controllers, the sequel adds full drop-in/drop-out offline gameplay for two players and online co-operative gameplay for up to four players. This allows additional gardeners (with their own cursor) to join the game at any time to assist the primary player with gardening tasks. To encourage players to assist each other, the other players have immediate access to fully upgraded tools, as well as all actions and activities

Achievements (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/viva-pinata-trouble-in-paradise/achievements/)

Gameplay Vids

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_6843_en.html

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_7949_en.html

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_7948_en.html

So who's buying it?. I know I'll get it.

Mr Cool
08-25-2008, 10:20 PM
getting this for sure. Visiting other gardens will be great. Co-op ftw

Iceskater101
08-26-2008, 06:38 PM
has anyone played the first one?
i heard it was really cheesy....

Scott
08-27-2008, 07:06 AM
has anyone played the first one?
i heard it was really cheesy....

I owned the first and liked it.

rukisuto
08-27-2008, 09:00 AM
Of course I'm getting this.
I own the first one and love it :]

Does anyone know the release date?
I'm pretty sure I didn't see it in the article.

Scott
08-27-2008, 09:34 AM
Of course I'm getting this.
I own the first one and love it :]

Does anyone know the release date?
I'm pretty sure I didn't see it in the article.

It's supposed to be released next month.

rukisuto
08-27-2008, 09:37 AM
It's supposed to be released next month.

Really?
Yay for me :]

TeknoVagrant
08-27-2008, 09:40 AM
I'll be picking this up. For the price (cheaper than most Xbox 360 titles) you can't go wrong. The first game was a lot of fun, it was pretty simple and relaxing.

I'm also looking forward to Banjo coming out later. Rare has always been one of my favorite game developers and I'm glad we have them on the 360.

MissLEGENDARY
08-27-2008, 12:46 PM
looks like fun. Never played the first one but I'll probably be getting this one.

jakncoke
08-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Don't forget people of the long existing rumor of both this and banjo retailing at 40, which is great for consumers. I wonder if Microsoft will be able to capture a little casual market, I also wonder how this sells as Viva Pinata didn't do well.

rukisuto
08-27-2008, 01:27 PM
I'll definitely purchase this for $40.
I waited a while to buy the first one and got it for $20 when it became one of the xbox family hits or whatever, lol.