PDA

View Full Version : MGS5 in the works?

jakncoke
08-26-2008, 03:51 PM
August 26, 2008 - If you've been amazed by the technical prowess of MGS4, you may have been saddened to know that the title was the last game in the series. Or was it? In an interview with Kotaku, former Assistant Producer at Kojima Productions Ryan Payton (widely credited with the Westernized control scheme for MGS4), mentioned his reasons for leaving the company and memories of developing the acclaimed title. At the very end of the interview, he revealed something that all Metal Gear fans wanted to hear. "It'll be hard not being involved in MGS5, but I've got the utmost confidence that Hideo Kojima, Ken Imaizumi, and our amazing team will put together another blockbuster game. I'll be cheering from the sidelines," Payton said.

This isn't the only Metal Gear news that has been released recently. According to an interview with Eurogamer, Hideo Kojima himself noted that MGS4 probably isn't possible to be made on the 360 because of the optimization for the PS3, physical media differences between Blu-ray and DVD and technology issues. However, he did mention that technological issues might not be a problem farther along in the future. "If the hardware technology rises then obviously, you know, [my future games] won't be based on the hardware anymore. Probably I will first create the software and then, um, it's a strange word to say, but port to other hardware if that technological ability rises in all areas," Kojima said.

Kojima also seemed to be annoyed about the seemingly constant focus on the PS3 vs 360, stating that the argument over exclusivity detracted from the game itself. "What kind of disturbs me sometimes, because a lot of people ask me about this PS3/360 question, is that it's not about the hardware - I want people to look at the game itself. Sometimes I even feel like it should be on a PC so that people don't ask me about hardware and platforms," Kojima mentioned. "In the near future I hope they'll ask me about Metal Gear, about us, about our future projects, and will stop caring about the hardware."

We contacted Konami for comment on the "announcement" of Metal Gear Solid 5, but received no word as of the publishing of this news.

IGN: MGS 5 Announced? (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/902/902836p1.html)

It seems Ryan Payton slipped up a little as he was leaving Kojima Productions

EpsilonX
08-26-2008, 07:03 PM
I hope there's not. I hope to god there's not. There's nowhere else to go so if they do make another they'd just be pulling plot out of their @$$.

If anything, another prequel (or combine MG1 and 2 into like Metal Gear X or something)

Veriaset
08-26-2008, 08:18 PM
I havn't ever played MGS before but my friends seem to think that 1,2 and 3 are better then the newest one in the series.

Shixx
08-26-2008, 10:22 PM
If they make 5 I'm guessing it will be a totally new Series.
Hopefully they're smart enough to stop when there's no story left.

TeknoVagrant
08-27-2008, 07:31 AM
Yay yet another game with ****ty dialogue, appalling plots and the most cheesy cut scenes in history with stitled gameplay that's highly overrated.

Scott
08-27-2008, 07:32 AM
Yay yet another game with ****ty dialogue, appalling plots and the most cheesy cut scenes in history with stitled gameplay that's highly overrated.

This is a Metal Gear Solid thread, Not a Resident Evil thread.

TeknoVagrant
08-27-2008, 07:33 AM
This is a Metal Gear Solid thread, Not a Resident Evil thread.

I don't think RE has it's main villain meow like a cat to call his subordinates

That was the lamest thing I've ever seen.

Also, what was up with the guy cupping every man he came across ball's?

And why was vamp not a vamp but a woman cries and brings him back to life?

And a fat skating bomber????? hahahaha

MGS and it's fans are epic fail.

Scott
08-27-2008, 07:34 AM

Sorry, but Resident Evil is just as if not more ridiculous

TeknoVagrant
08-27-2008, 07:36 AM
Sorry, but Resident Evil is just as if not more ridiculous

No, it's not.

It has silly moments but NOTHING on par with any of that crap.

LOL Meowing to call your subordinates, what, was he channeling cat woman?

Scott
08-27-2008, 07:37 AM
RE5 looks horrible. At least MGS4 put in a fully rotating camera, with shooter controls.

While RE5 stays with it's gamecube controls.

TeknoVagrant
08-27-2008, 07:38 AM
RE5 looks horrible. At least MGS4 put in a fully rotating camera, with shooter controls.

While RE5 stays with it's gamecube controls.

Let's see what sells more :D

Scott
08-27-2008, 07:40 AM
Let's see what sells more :D

RE sells because of how great the first 3 were, re4 and 5 are not great.

TeknoVagrant
08-27-2008, 07:41 AM
RE sells because of how great the first 3 were, re4 and 5 are not great.

I think you should compare RE4 and MGS4 on metacritic ;-)

Scott
08-27-2008, 07:45 AM
Back on Topic: Would MGS4(or 5) Work on a controller that has no pressure sensitive buttons?

Since most of the PS3's buttons do 2 or three things in the game depending on pressure.

jakncoke
08-27-2008, 01:18 PM

Hello there gtfo of my thread with this BS, if you don't like MGS series...that's fine but don't bring this BS in here.

EpsilonX
08-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Teknovagrant, you're a disgrace to video gamers.* That's all there is to it.* Sure, there are a few corny and stupid moments, but those are few and far between, whereas extremely well thought out moments, mature moments, and just plain awesome moments are very frequent.Also Scott, the "improvements" added to Metal Gear Solid 4's gameplay were more like downgrades.* Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 were the best the gameplay/controls have ever beenAnyways....there's just no possible way to continue metal gear solid.

jakncoke
08-27-2008, 10:55 PM
I think you should compare RE4 and MGS4 on metacritic ;-)

:hugerolleyesgif:

yeah because there's a giant difference between

94- MGS4 score and 96 RE4 score.

There's no way your 29, if you are...sir you need a giant grow up lesson cause your acting like 13 yo