PDA

View Full Version : What is the scariest game you ever played ?

M_Nabil
02-04-2007, 05:29 AM
For me, it was Clive Barker's Undying (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/clivebarkersundying/index.html). It was so scary that I didn't even complete it.

What about you ?

souljaa
02-04-2007, 10:24 AM
For me, probably Doom 3..Played it in the dark...Yeah..never again :D.

LiNuX
02-04-2007, 05:13 PM
i guess resident evil 4, not really scary, just when u get cornered and u have to reload, ur heart starts to beat faster as if it'll make u reload faster lol, just pressure

midjam
02-05-2007, 04:01 PM
I think it was Doom 3 for me, Sarced the **** out of my wife to when she had a go on it

Twigz
02-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Probably Mario when I was little; that Bowser scared the shiznik outta me, lmao.

souljaa
02-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Probably Mario when I was little; that Bowser scared the shiznik outta me, lmao.

HAHAHAHAHA...That's halarious :P.

Drake14
02-05-2007, 05:14 PM
either doom 3 or Clive Barker's Undying

both of them were way creepy.

Clive Barker's Undying was so scary i almost couldn't even play it during the day, with my dad sitting next to me! =O O_O

Serendipity
02-05-2007, 07:29 PM
I tried to play Resident Evil 4, but the zombies started coming at me and I couldn't get my laser to point the right direction, I got jumpy and eventually decided that attempting to play wasn't a good idea..I don't have the nerves for horror games.

LiNuX
02-05-2007, 08:07 PM
I tried to play Resident Evil 4, but the zombies started coming at me and I couldn't get my laser to point the right direction, I got jumpy and eventually decided that attempting to play wasn't a good idea..I don't have the nerves for horror games.

that sux, but i know that feeling, for me its not horror, its the rush of adrenaline lol, i do well in pressure, video game wise that is

souljaa
02-05-2007, 09:11 PM

that sux, but i know that feeling, for me its not horror, its the rush of adrenaline lol, i do well in pressure, video game wise that is

Yeah...Pressure is the worse lol...You start like..Pushing the buttons harder and stuff lol..Very stressful.

diablo
02-06-2007, 12:02 PM
lol i think he said he likes pressure, but i never played doom 3 so i cant tell if its scary lol, for me its resident evil too, the first one for PS1 lol :)

crazay
02-09-2007, 01:37 PM
scary game? i dont know if i played any, i've played games that put a lot of pressure on me lol, like grand theft auto

KittyCat72
02-28-2007, 06:14 PM
??? I haven't played any scary games. The closest to even getting creepy that I've played was Giest. So you can tell I don't play many games like that, I'm more into games like Zelda, Mario, Kirby, and that stuff.

jessecooper
03-09-2007, 01:41 AM
castlevania for the nes...... very scary pixels.. i actually crapped pixels after playing it

LiNuX
03-09-2007, 03:18 PM
castlevania is just tense lol, not really that scary, just the gameplay and music gets ur heart pumping faster

PwrUps
04-06-2007, 08:08 PM
I'd have to say Doom 3 was the scariest game I have played. Didn't play it for long though.

candylove15
04-06-2007, 08:31 PM
house of the dead.... i'm always nervous in playing it lol^^ especially when the monsters will appear i get shocked lol^^,

Beanie
04-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Well I was around 8 or 9, I use to play the "Alone in the Dark" series, it scared the crap out of me, not to mention when the evil clown got up and threw the old guy out of thr window lol

I played it again a couple months ago, now it just seems stupid lol

LiNuX
04-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Well I was around 8 or 9, I use to play the "Alone in the Dark" series, it scared the crap out of me, not to mention when the evil clown got up and threw the old guy out of thr window lol

I played it again a couple months ago, now it just seems stupid lol

never heard of that game, what system was it out for?

FattaT
04-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Doom 3 was pretty scary for me and i heard F.E.A.R was heaps scary, still need to try that game out, looks pretty good.

LiNuX
04-18-2007, 10:28 PM
i still dont get how doom 3 was scary lol, i think it was intense but scary, no. its always me vs 30 other people on stuff like this lol.

FattaT
04-18-2007, 10:53 PM
When u have headphones on and in the dark at night with the volume loud, u mess your pants!
I guess it wasn't too bad, except for the bit where you see your self in the mirror. :o

LiNuX
04-18-2007, 10:58 PM
lol you probably played it on the computer then, isnt it out for the ps2 and xbox as well?

rldowling03
05-07-2007, 02:25 AM
Resident Evil 1 and 2 used to scare the heck out of me as a kid when they were first released. lol, but now they not even scary a bit, maybe make me jump like when the person comes out of the oven on the island on RE4, lol, but it not scary for me anymore.

HyperShadow5592
07-03-2007, 01:16 AM

If u have a wii and get Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, it's as easy as point, and shoot, but still, i know what your talking about..................especially the hedge-maze with parasite-infested dogs that have tentacles coming out of their back............and the Regenerators that don't get at all phased when u shoot it with a gun, and it gasps for air incessantly while walking towards you.....slowly *shivers* that game was hell, but it was a lot of fun, very addicting. :)

lonewolfxix
07-03-2007, 04:07 AM
You guys know nothing of the word scary! Scariest game I have ever played was Goofy's FunHouse! That's soo petrifying I put it down and walked off pale faced after five minutes! I had to test it as it came with a package we bought so we needed to test it say it was working and sell it on.. that game was really scary..

HyperShadow5592
07-03-2007, 09:23 PM
ROFL!!! Yeah, I believe that!!! LOL!!! :)

Eric
07-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Yeah...Pressure is the worse lol...You start like..Pushing the buttons harder and stuff lol..Very stressful.

This happens to me when I am the last guy on the Socom team (ps2 game). The real rush comes then :)

Haven't played a game that has scared me yet.

ShreadOfWheat
07-08-2007, 05:43 PM
I guess F.E.A.R., When i started it (demo) it was pretty crazy, but after awhile i got pissed at the little girl so every chance i got i shot at her and stuff, for fun i suppose. :D

Gerrit
07-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Good topic!

Well when I was young it was diablo, the first part.
Recenlty I guess Silet Hill or resident evil, ugh those game freak me out.

lonewolfxix
07-09-2007, 01:22 AM
Anything made for little kids scares me generally. FEAR made be paranoid as hell! and most of the battles were too easy, shread, did you complete FEAR? the end made me extremely paranoid, I don't think I've ever been that scared of a non child's game.

Yash
07-12-2007, 01:22 AM
The most scariest games I have ever played is "Undying". Even if you play it during the day, its impact will not leave you for hours. So you are sure to have "fun" at night.

S70N3DG4M3R
08-05-2007, 09:09 PM
The Suffering, freaked me out!

Scott
08-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Games really don't scare me anymore. But when I was younger I thought Silent Hill was scary (I hated All those Creepy clowns in a abandoned subway station). I think the scariest games I have played lately are Resi Outbreak (That could have something to do with the crappy camera and controls) and Doom 3 (That thing where you could either have a gun or a torch was a great idea). But I never thought F.E.A.R. was scary.

comfortablynumb.
08-11-2007, 11:27 PM
back in the day when i first seen Fatal Frame i insited on playing it in the dark by my self i dont know, those fatal frame games just scared me when i was younger

lonewolfxix
08-12-2007, 07:36 AM
Doom 3 was pretty weird, i tried to cheat by turning the brightness up, didn't really work, FEAR is scary at the end.

Gamoc
08-14-2007, 03:46 PM
FEAR is pretty jumpy when you start it, but I never got to the end (had to format my PC, lost all my saves), so I wouldn't know.

Doom 3 was pretty jumpy too. Very good.

XiMMiX
09-21-2007, 08:09 AM
FEAR And Doom 3!

Blackbird
09-21-2007, 08:14 AM
Doom 3 is not scary at all, but I'm playing F.E.A.R. and its funny games. Playing Lan before and its was funny. :)

Jasperking
09-21-2007, 12:40 PM
most scariest game? umm... i dunno really :/ i dont think ive played many games that scared me most of the time. Because usually i play games that scare me at first then its all good

EpsilonX
03-29-2010, 01:54 PM
silent hill 2. freakin omg

jango
03-29-2010, 02:04 PM
doom3 made me jump a fair few times iirc .. can't think of any other games i've played recently that have been of the same type (not rly my kinda thing)

Kenoi
03-29-2010, 05:56 PM
uh... fatal frame.

Morticia
03-29-2010, 09:34 PM
Silent Hill 2... O_O I couldn't sleep right for like a week.
I always played it at night when everyone was asleep.... And it's always windy at my old house, so there were some awesome strange noises going on that almost made me have a heart attack.

BobTD
03-30-2010, 01:26 AM
Ok.. scary games.. well, hrmm.

#1 AvP2 (aliens breaking in the door I just wielded shut freaked me out)

Then there was the Aliens game for the PS1, where you start with no weapon and at one point you are stuck in the same room with an alien. =P

Aliens are scary. Demons where not (doom, blew through that game no problem, had my game face on). Demonic aliens, like in Deadspace, where scary. I havent finished deadspace yet because its scary and I only play it withe volume blastin in the middle of the night and I'm afraid of it.

Charlotte
03-30-2010, 01:36 AM
doom 3 and silent hill

Winter
03-30-2010, 06:24 AM
doom 3 of course

Magnus_Rexel
07-06-2010, 03:19 PM
The Silent Hill games
Eternal Darkness

novasheep
07-06-2010, 05:35 PM
I enjoyed dead space, can not wait for dead space 2!

Subb
07-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Russian Roulette

DirtyDMan
07-06-2010, 05:43 PM
The first Resident Evil... Silent Hill..

dswtor
07-08-2010, 03:03 PM
F.E.A.R. no doubt.

Endgameko
07-09-2010, 04:36 AM
siren because of the atmosphere in the hospital, but as a kid silent hill and dark seed on the amiga,...dark seed was creepy, especially when that face appeared in the mirror, stupid mirror monster ARGHHHHHAAAA

Project Blaze
07-09-2010, 01:18 PM
When I first bought my PS2, or more like it was a gift to me, but anyway, when I got it I also bought Devil May Cry (The 1st one). In the beginning that game creeped the hell out of me. lol I even sold it since it scared me so much. :/ But I bought it back, and totally pwned those creepy puppets and reaper thingies. I even found out a few secrets that no one else knew about. lol I've been thinking about playing it again too. Still kinda creepy, but not as much anymore.

Smithback
07-12-2010, 12:46 AM
For me, it is several.

You see, for someone such as myself, I didn't have the ideal friends when I was younger. Our family friends loved scaring me, and playing games like Vigilante on the PS1 when we were at their house just scared the hell outta me, purely because I was surrounded by these people. And on the other hand, another family friend we had loved Resident Evil, and Parasite Eve. This is why I still haven't completed Resident Evil 5 (though having played it, it really isn't scary).

But all in all, Fear.

My friend was raving on about it, telling me he would lend it to me and that I would love it..... So he lent it to me. I was fully aware of what the game was about, but I couldn't risk my macho level dropping if I told him I didn't wanna play it. So... I took it from him, went home and tried it... I'm not sure how many of you guys have played it, but the first level requires you to get out of the car and investigate. I hate that word in these games. Investigate is another word for "Risk life and limb just to see what you can find, and if you can survive the terrible horror that is awaiting your presence around the corner, maybe you have a shot at the hot Forensic Investigator you just had a briefing with." So unwillingly, I got out of the car, and walked around the corner of the building. Climbed a ladder, and saw an old man sitting in a chair...... Shut down the game, opened Mozilla, searched for the story walk-through of Fear. I memorised it, went to school the next day and told him the game was so easy, that I had already finished, and then reeled off the entire story....

I don't even remember if the old guy was dead or not. Probably just came to the roof top for some fresh air, maybe needed a light.

I guess I'll never know.

Elite-WarFighter
07-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Resident Evil 4 because of those sefl healing white and/or goreish pricky things that needed a special sight to find their weakness

Project Blaze
07-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Oh, just remembered Parasite Eve too. Guess that comes in second though. That rat shedding its skin and turning into that huge, disgusting rat instead was too gross 'n horror-like to me. :\

EpsilonX
07-16-2010, 08:50 PM
For me, it is several.

You see, for someone such as myself, I didn't have the ideal friends when I was younger. Our family friends loved scaring me, and playing games like Vigilante on the PS1 when we were at their house just scared the hell outta me, purely because I was surrounded by these people. And on the other hand, another family friend we had loved Resident Evil, and Parasite Eve. This is why I still haven't completed Resident Evil 5 (though having played it, it really isn't scary).

But all in all, Fear.

My friend was raving on about it, telling me he would lend it to me and that I would love it..... So he lent it to me. I was fully aware of what the game was about, but I couldn't risk my macho level dropping if I told him I didn't wanna play it. So... I took it from him, went home and tried it... I'm not sure how many of you guys have played it, but the first level requires you to get out of the car and investigate. I hate that word in these games. Investigate is another word for "Risk life and limb just to see what you can find, and if you can survive the terrible horror that is awaiting your presence around the corner, maybe you have a shot at the hot Forensic Investigator you just had a briefing with." So unwillingly, I got out of the car, and walked around the corner of the building. Climbed a ladder, and saw an old man sitting in a chair...... Shut down the game, opened Mozilla, searched for the story walk-through of Fear. I memorised it, went to school the next day and told him the game was so easy, that I had already finished, and then reeled off the entire story....

I don't even remember if the old guy was dead or not. Probably just came to the roof top for some fresh air, maybe needed a light.

I guess I'll never know.

That doesn't sound like FEAR to me. unless there's a different FEAR?

Envy
07-20-2010, 09:08 AM
lol resident evil isnt scary but the sounds when the zombies are getting near you makes me nervous xD

EpsilonX
07-20-2010, 09:44 AM
lol resident evil isnt scary but the sounds when the zombies are getting near you makes me nervous xD

Idk, if a game makes me nervous or scared to continue, then i consider it having done it's job. Resident Evil I had to like force myself to go into some rooms. I mean, once I got the shotgun it became a lot easier cuz it kills stuff so easily, and the magnum kills everything in like 1 hit, but some rooms i knew had zombies in them and refused to go into them lol

Jaykub
07-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Had to of been ocarina of time when I was about 7 :P

sirtrav
07-21-2010, 04:53 AM
Dead Space Is Freaky!

ghegpatatas
07-27-2010, 02:05 PM
fatal frame 3. i farted once out of pure panic.T_T

Tokyo
07-28-2010, 05:10 PM
doesnt seem like anyone else has said this but...silent hill 2. played it in the dark around halloween scared me like crazy. beat it in one night thouhg :D

Dess
07-29-2010, 06:11 AM
Silent Hill is a freaky game .......

industry12
07-29-2010, 10:27 AM
House of the Dead for me!!^^,

Muffincat
07-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Not really "scary" - at least not in the way most of these games are, but playing Pathologic kind of freaked me out.

Just in the sense that there is this ever-growing pressure to try and contain this weird disease, and all these factors are working against you, and if you don't do things right, it feels like everything it going to fall apart; random NPCs die based on what you do, etc. And the feel of it is really somber and creepy... weird...animal slaughter house and weird other things; the children are smugglers and hoard all the guns... I don't know, it just has that desolate, depressing "I am from Russia" feel.

Anyway, not really scary in the traditional sense of like it being dark and things jumping out at you - the game just has this disturbing undercurrent of WTF and the sense of impending doom gives a sort of panicky feel. Anyway. Yeah. Wooo.