PDA

View Full Version : Spam Emails

LiNuX
02-04-2007, 09:11 PM
How many people here get spam in their emails? Well i know i do, i dont open them unless its somebody or some company i know. SCAMMERS will also try to get to your account that has anything to do with money. I explained it better in the paypal thread in Post Anything board.

What they do is, pretend to be from your bank, paypal staff, or any other billing companies that you have an account with and ask for billing information, dont do that online, just call the company and ask if they needed the information.

do u open ur spam emails?

Drake14
02-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Any spam mail goes to my 'bulk' folder and i delete it all. And if i do see any in my inbox, i can always tell its spam because its from people i've either never heard of, or someone i don't have an account with, so i mark it as spam and it gets deleted.

LiNuX
02-04-2007, 09:35 PM
i have bulk folders in yahoo, spam, in hotmail, and others in other email providers, for official businesses and forum related things, i use a personal email address, i open most of my bulk emails on there if i know where they are from, if not, i delete them of course, i have a lot of blocked sites on that so spam emails come by lower numbers each day now

Drake14
02-04-2007, 09:44 PM
i don't get too many spam e-mails...maybe 10 -15 a day?

LiNuX
02-04-2007, 10:10 PM
i get a 100 or so on my other yahoo email, a few dozen on my hotmail, 2-3 on my gmail account, 1-5 on my verizon account << primary email, private too

souljaa
02-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Yeah, same, I get around 10-15 on my hotmail account. A day. I just make a quick look at it, see if there's anyone I know or something, I open it, if not, I just delete it all.

Twigz
02-05-2007, 04:52 PM
I delete almost half of the e-mails I get every day; I have like 20 e-mail accounts for each service, really; time goes much faster that way, IMHO.

diablo
02-06-2007, 01:16 PM
lol my yahoo email is stacked with spam emails, i'll say a few dozen a day there lol, i dont open them lol, i delete everything in my bulk folder :)

crazay
02-07-2007, 12:44 PM
lol in my yahoo email, i check like once every week or two, i go in and about 500+ bulk mails in my bulk folder, i click empty to remove everything :)

greent
02-08-2007, 08:56 PM
lol.. my ada gave me his credit card # i put it in for paypal.. and then i got spam saying change you info cuz paypal sed when you first join you must verify the info..lol

So it broguht me to paypalss.com/ i dont rember

and it told me to fill out the form.. lmao.. they suck.. its just lyk myspace ppl try and phis your password..

KittyCat72
04-06-2007, 11:25 AM
No, I don't open my spam e-mails. I just mark them as junk. :-\ :P