PDA

View Full Version : Swapping instead of trading instore

midjam
02-05-2007, 04:20 PM
How many of you have gone into a game store with your console games to trade them in?

I know I have often, and every time I walk in the games store I walk out feeling like I?ve been ripped off. The trade price you get back from your games is a joke. They sell the games to you for say ?49 but if you where to trade them in the next day you would probably get around ?15

For this reason I have created a free video game swapping forum, you can add your unwanted games and see if anyone has a game you would like to swap. It is only in the UK as I hope to get enough people so you do not have to post your games, you could just find someone in your area and trade in person.

It?s been running for around 3 weeks now and things have been going great, 97 members and growing. The response I?ve had has been fantastic and some of the other members are also promoting it.

I know there is a lot of trust involved so I have setup a way where you can feel more at ease.

I`m the middle man and both swappers send there games to me and when both games have arrived I forward them. I have had one swap so far and arranging another at the moment.

Just wanted to know you guys thoughts.

Thanks

LiNuX
02-05-2007, 05:34 PM
just a few things, first, there is no link to point to ur forum, second, you cannot make a topic here until u have 10 posts, third good luck with it lol, and fourth, this topic is closed!

just pm me when u make your ten posts, this counts as a public warning for not following forum rules, please go to the following topic to see the rules -- you will not be penalized with point or post deduction this time

http://www.gamers-forum.com/index.php?topic=824.0

edit: Topic Reopened as topic starter has made the required posts and pmed me to open it again, please keep on following the rules, next time it wont just be a warning.

midjam
02-07-2007, 03:02 AM
I`m very sorry about that and for you guys that would like a look around the forum heres the link :

http://www.videogameswap.co.uk

I would like to hear any comments you may have.

crazay
02-07-2007, 12:06 PM
cool site, i like the red feeling on it, are you using a portal or something?

midjam
02-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Thanks and yes i`m using IM Portal