PDA

View Full Version : COD World at War beta

jakncoke
09-04-2008, 04:26 PM
CALL OF DUTY®: WORLD AT WAR TO RELEASE XBOX 360 AND WINDOWS

PC MULTIPLAYER BETAS IN OCTOBER

Newest Edition of the Award-Winning Franchise

To Deploy to Retail November 11

Santa Monica, CA – September 4, 2008 – Boot camp will soon take on a new meaning, as Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) and developer Treyarch, have confirmed plans for Call of Duty: World at War multiplayer betas in October for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and separately for download on Windows PC. These betas will serve as an early chance for players to practice the tactics needed for survival in the intense chaos of Call of Duty: World at War’s Pacific and European theaters. Players will experience the game’s new squad system, as well as fan favorite perks and kill streaks.

All preparation for the full battle will commence on November 11, 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War is released to retailers nationwide.

“We are excited to share a sneak peak of Call of Duty: World at War multiplayer with the community,” says Mark Lamia, Treyarch Studio Head. “The team has worked hard to build upon the great history and foundation of Call of Duty multiplayer and we can’t wait to go online to ramp up for our November launch.”

For players who are looking to feel the all-out combat and get tokens for the Call of Duty: World at War Xbox 360 multiplayer beta, they can register at Call of Duty, World at War (http://www.callofduty.com) or pre-order the game at any GameStop retail location or online in North America at:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=71812.

more like a MP hype machine

Samus-Fan
09-04-2008, 05:22 PM
If they are trying to create hype, I don't think they can. Are they trying this because they made the wrong choice on making it WWII again?
Doesn't matter to me, I'm not buying the game. I'm gonna be fine with all the other ones coming out.

Metallica1983
09-04-2008, 07:08 PM
dont u think this thread should be in my board

Trunks
09-04-2008, 08:44 PM
If they are trying to create hype, I don't think they can. Are they trying this because they made the wrong choice on making it WWII again?
Doesn't matter to me, I'm not buying the game. I'm gonna be fine with all the other ones coming out.

Once again, its a different company making it. Infinity Ward is the only one who made a Modern War Fare game with the call of duty title. CoD WaW was probably planned out before CoD4 was even released.

dont u think this thread should be in my board

I think so, because it's not exclusive. I'll go ahead and move it.

jakncoke
09-04-2008, 10:17 PM
The game is not exclusive but the beta is and this is why I placed it in MS area but whatever if you want to waste your time moving topics around go right ahead

Trunks
09-05-2008, 03:09 PM
The game is not exclusive but the beta is and this is why I placed it in MS area but whatever if you want to waste your time moving topics around go right ahead

You don't have to get mad, I saw that it said 360 and Windows. So I thought it was for PC too.

jakncoke
09-05-2008, 03:16 PM
You don't have to get mad, I saw that it said 360 and Windows. So I thought it was for PC too.

I'm not mad I was just explaining my reasoning, and it is for PC as well which is basically a MS platform

Metallica1983
09-05-2008, 08:45 PM
yeah I read it and to me mostly was about the game itself not really the beta and since COD is a shooter i figured it belonged here

Samus-Fan
09-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Once again, its a different company making it. Infinity Ward is the only one who made a Modern War Fare game with the call of duty title. CoD WaW was probably planned out before CoD4 was even released.

Uhm, I never said anything about Infinity Ward not making 5, I knew that.

Even if COD5 was planned out before 4 was released, shouldn't that have taken the chance to run with the idea instead of the old, boring WWII games?

Trunks
09-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Uhm, I never said anything about Infinity Ward not making 5, I knew that.

Even if COD5 was planned out before 4 was released, shouldn't that have taken the chance to run with the idea instead of the old, boring WWII games?

I never said you did say anything about Infinity Ward. I said Infinity Ward, because they made the first Modern Warfare for the CoD title.

Not when they have to make a game every 2 years. Activision wants a call of duty title out every year. Infinity Ward needed more time, they couldn't make the games they wanted that fast. So Treyarch started making titles in the years in between. Besides a lot of people like WWII games. My guess is Treyarch will make a Modern Warfare next time, along with Infinity Ward.

Jjjet1
10-05-2008, 03:27 PM
well i personally don't think that cod5 will be as good as cod4. i still say cod2 is better that cod3. but i will probably ask around my friends to see if they think the game is good. if it's not then i'll just probably buy it when the price goes down.

harradine13
10-25-2008, 10:07 AM
hey people ive got the beta code but its not working for me it says eror code 80153004 but if anyone wants it ill traid it for a moth subsiption to xbox live contact me on my xbox its harradine13