PDA

View Full Version : n00b (No, no this is a webcomic)

rebootblue
09-06-2008, 02:38 AM
Before I start asking the forum for joke ideas...(believe me I'll need them)

I've decided to post this. Beware as at the start I wasn't really trying to make a good comic, but some people told me my jokes were kinda good so I'm taking it seriously...OH YEA! THE AD!

http://www.smackjeeves.com/images/uploaded/banners/83f8431e3367.png (http://rebootentertainment.net/n00b/)
Feeling maddeningly scared by the banner? Does it make you feel as though a ninja is hiding under your desk ready to kill you at a moment's notice? That's my partner, Green, telling you that you need to read this comic if you want to keep your left foot.

Does that banner make you Xbox players want to convert? That's because Jesus is telling you to worship him so you'll stop calling him a hacker when he pwns you on Halo 3.

Do you like mindless violence and gaming? Were you terrified by the fairy in Phantom Hourglass (Reminisint pains...oh the PAIN!)? Then this comic is for you! Welcome to the world of Microsoft haters, and a Jesus who plays Xbox (see why no one likes him yet?). A ninja in the hall, a gorilla in the closet, pirate in the bathtub, Viking in the kitchen, a teenage girl and her pet Wizard (Carl), and best of all: Two roommate gamers who have to put up with all this crap in their house as well as Jesus Christ playing Xbox in his room, because he's their room mate too you see?

Made by Blue, because well...it was the style at the time!

If you like it then I request that you vote for it. Go to just plain rebootentertainment.net and go to the bottom to vote for it. I update wednesdays...at least that's usually the case. Reading incentive:

2 comics! One by me and one by my literally ninja partner.

http://www.rebootentertainment.net/n00b/img/comic/59.PNGhttp://www.rebootentertainment.net/n00b/img/comic/54.png

If anyone feels offended by these comics then you are either emo, or a non-gamer. Seriously. No emos. We hate them. We mock them.

If you want me to take the second comic down (I mean it's got LANGUAGE! I mean ENGLISH? How rude!) pm me. I don't know the swear policies of this forum too well. I know commenting it isn't allowed but images and comics are a little different sometimes. So yea...

Samus-Fan
09-06-2008, 10:27 AM
I don't get them.
I think you should continue making them, I would love to read them, but I'm a huge gamer and I don't get the funny-ness of them.

Read my rant if you want...if you don't, then don't use the spoiler.
Also, about emos, why do you hate them? There isn't anything wrong with them, all they are, are people who are emotional and take their distress on themselves.
If you are stero-typing a emo as someone who cuts their wrist, then that's not right.

rukisuto
09-06-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't really get them either ^^;

MacQuarie
09-06-2008, 02:44 PM
I get the first one. About if one emo makes a crappy poem, 10,000 others are gonna cut paste it to their msn or their blog or carve it in their arm.

Riku-Nara
09-06-2008, 08:55 PM
@macquarie
No. Emos cut themselves. And ctrl + x is the key command for cutting text.
and i only get the second one if ff11 is expensive.
I've got no idea how much it cost.

rebootblue
09-06-2008, 10:36 PM
i only get the second one if ff11 is expensive.

The second one is only understandable if you know that Geoff hates all the Final Fantasy games except 1.

EDIT: I'm also glad someone got the emo joke. I have to explain it to a lot of people.

Jaykub
09-06-2008, 10:38 PM
I find all the jokes un readable and not funny but one

Samus-Fan
09-06-2008, 10:40 PM
The second one is only understandable if you know that Geoff hates all the Final Fantasy games except 1.

EDIT: I'm also glad someone got the emo joke. I have to explain it to a lot of people.

You can't really have a webcomic with inside jokes, it doesn't really work that way.

I was reading the ones on your site.
I found them to be (Religion-ist?) Making fun of Jesus and all.

Jaykub
09-06-2008, 10:43 PM
Making fun of Jesus and all.

Its making me very mad.

LemonRising
09-06-2008, 10:55 PM
I think you're trying to hard to be offensive.

Riku-Nara
09-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Oh, i just read some.
the jesus jokes aren't anti religion more than just being funny to me.
not your cup of tea, yeah, but it doens't mean these guys hate jesus.
and the "doesn
t ahve ot have good art style to be funny" thing has been done many a time. hell, some webcomics don't even draw their stuff.
and alot of inside jokes maybe?
best friends?
sisters?
dei-dei chan?

MacQuarie
09-07-2008, 12:25 AM
@macquarie
No. Emos cut themselves. And ctrl + x is the key command for cutting text.
and i only get the second one if ff11 is expensive.

I was thinking it was satirical. Not a metaphor. But that makes sense too. :P

EDIT: I didn't notice the razor in his hand... makes more sense now. xD

smashboy
09-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Personally, I did'nt get either until someone explained them. : (
though, I support you. I think it's got potential, like animal crossing. nobody likes it at first, but then they end up wondering why they're so addicted to paying bills and helping their neighbor get a handkercheif back.

I think if you try to go for a broader arrange of gamers,(and honestly? cut down on teh fragtalk,kk nub?) you may get animal crossing results.

rebootblue
09-07-2008, 08:48 PM
A lot of the jokes rely on knowledge of the characters personality. Something that is slowly being defined in the comics.

LemonRising
09-07-2008, 11:58 PM
I would try to keep jokes that rely on a character's personality out, or add some later on. A comic that many people can laugh at is a success, a comic that two people can laugh at is.. well, just an inside joke?

rukisuto
09-08-2008, 05:53 AM
I would try to keep jokes that rely on a character's personality out, or add some later on. A comic that many people can laugh at is a success, a comic that two people can laugh at is.. well, just an inside joke?

I agree.
Jokes that rely on a characters personality work a lot better with comics that are widely known.
Red vs. Blue and VG Cats are good examples.

Samus-Fan
09-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Yea, I mean, if I made a comic about all the jokes I make in the day, no body on this forum would laugh, well, 2 others.
For my jokes, you have to know me. I can't tell you one, hoping you'll laugh. You have to know my personality. And with a comic that is new...that can't really be done.

rebootblue
09-09-2008, 09:04 PM
True. At least some of the others we do are pretty funny. =| It's just usually hard to think up random game jokes. Takes a lot of work.

Jaykub
09-09-2008, 09:56 PM
All I see is 2 guys with 5 bux and MS Paint bashing my lord

rebootblue
02-13-2009, 01:27 AM
All I see is 2 guys with 5 bux and MS Paint bashing my lord

You mean 1 guy with no money who has his grandmother pay for his site, and now Adobe Flash and Photoshop bashing someone's god who I don't care about because I'm a Pastafarian.

LovianDark
02-13-2009, 01:59 AM
You mean 1 guy with no money who has his grandmother pay for his site, and now Adobe Flash and Photoshop bashing someone's god who I don't care about because I'm a Pastafarian.

Wow... Anger management much blue? Lol, I think the only reason I like these comics though is because I help come up with some of the jokes...