PDA

View Full Version : Review Radiata Stories

Shixx
09-06-2008, 05:40 PM
http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/3128/250pxradiatastoriesuf3.jpg
Story-
The Cool thing about Radiata Stories is every character lives it’s own life and it’s not the same thing over and over every day they are doing something different and at some point you can recruit most of them 175 to be exact. You start out as a Kid Named Jack And you are late for Knight try outs you are expected to be a great Knight since your father was a legend. You must beat a Girl Named Ridley which the first time playing is nearly impossible after you beat it once you start out at the lvl you beat the game at so she’s easy, or should be. After that you do various Missions while the story progresses. Into many Twists and Turns it kept me interested. I did both paths, about half way through the game you pick which side you want to be on each has it’s benefits I beat it on both and one is easier the other. But both are fun. Also I would like to point out that this is one of the funniest RPG I’ve played.

Game play-
The cool thing about this RPG is you can go up to any NPC even if there in your party and kick them until they snap and battle them some will join your party if you succeed in beating them some will battle you right Away the next time you talk to them. but I could play for hours just going up to NPC’s and kicking them. Ohh the joy.. the battle system is like Star ocean: Till the end of Time. You walk around freely and have certain buttons you push to perform certain moves also Custom attacks, Group attacks(where your whole party does a Combo most are pretty amusing..) Chain attacks, (if you hit a combo after a party member does a combo you can do a Chain combo) also your Party can be customized to do what you want them to do. I usually went with a healer and a Rusher. Healer guy/Girl would sit back and heal me and the other guy. While the Rusher would be Rushing all the enemy’s and do big attacks while I decide whether I need to rush as well or be a secondary Healer or spell caster usually I ended up protecting the Healer
Because the NPC are not Dumb they go after The healer quicker then ****.
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3373/tn5651vv1.jpg

Graphics-
The graphics were pretty good but lacked CG Cut scenes most of them were Rendered in with the original Graphics.
Special effect were well made especially the Kick Effect. You could literally Kick ANYTHING!
I Kicked a House 5 times and an old guy came running out and kicked my ass, Had to go back to my save spot 3 hours before. Old Hag..~!
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1094/050210s3zf3.jpg

Music-
The music was good, most of the Boss battles had very Catchy and Fast paced Rythems which helped if you failed to kill the Boss the first time.

Anyway I give this Game a…

Score-8.0/10

LiNuX
09-07-2008, 09:37 AM
first time im hearing of the game lol, sounds pretty cool though and yeah, i like games with different characters that give you different stories, makes you wanna play the game from the beginning with a new character lol

good review :) sounds good and its for the PS2, might get to try it :D

Exylis
04-01-2009, 04:07 PM
first time im hearing of the game lol, sounds pretty cool though and yeah, i like games with different characters that give you different stories, makes you wanna play the game from the beginning with a new character lol

good review :) sounds good and its for the PS2, might get to try it :D

You will NOT be disappointed! Just make sure you pick up a strategy guide if you want to get all 170 characters!

Radiata Stories rocks!