PDA

View Full Version : Runescape

GF Eric
09-08-2008, 11:38 PM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/runescape/images/thumb/3/35/RuneScapeLogo.PNG/250px-RuneScapeLogo.PNG

Runescape came out back in 2001 which is known as Runescape Classic now. Some players still play it to this day, but the main focus is on Runescape 2 and Runescape High Detail (HD) as we know today. Over 130 Million accounts have been made since the launch.

Runescape is a free browser based game with the option to pay produced by Jagex. The world is massive and if you do pay you get 10 times the amount of land to explore as a free player would and you would have access to more minigames, options and skills.

There are different skills for players to master so there is something for everyone. For free players the skill they get are,

Attack: Used to Wield Weapons

Strength: Used to Increase Damage against a target

Defence: Used to reduce the chances of being hit by an attack

Range: Used for long ranged fighting

Prayer: Used to boost your combat skills and protect yourself further then your normally would

Magic: Used to cast spells as an alternative to Melee (Attack, Strenght, and Defence) or range Skill

Mining: Used to get ores used in the Smithing Skill

Smithing: Used to make armor and weapons for your player

Fishing: Used as an alternative to obtaining food

Hitpoints: Used to keep your alive

Woodcutting: Used to cut trees down to use in the Firemaking skill

Crafting: Used to make items such as jewelry.

Cooking: Used for making food to heal your Hitpoints

Runecrafting: Used to make runes for the Magic Skill

Firemaking: Used to make fire and light sources (members only)

Member get the additional skills below,

Construction: Used to Build Player Owned Houses

Agility: Used to Recover Running Energy Faster

Summoning: Used to summon creatures to aid in Battle and boost Stats

Hunter: Used to catch creatures

Slayer: Used to defeat creatures a different then with normally attack them.

Herblore: Used to make potions to help stats and protect from poison and disease

Fletching: Used to make Arrows and Bolts for the Range Skill

Thieving: Used to steal from NPC or the AI of the game

Farming: Used to grow things for Woodcutting, Cooking, and Herblore skills

Quest are a big part of Runescape as some further the many stories in the game. Quests also give you new abilities and such and rewards.

This is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) so there are thousands of people on everyday and reach into the hundreds of thousands on weekends and after school and work gets out.

Now there are millions of clothing styles out there, maybe even billions with all these updates every month. The chance of seeing a "twin" around are slim to none.

Minigames are also a big hit due to the fact that it puts your combat skills to the test against other players. If you win then your better for the time being cause someone else can come in and crush you in 3 seconds and make a funny story out of it, like I have.

Graphics: The graphics have come a long way from Classic to RS2 to Runescape HD. The environments look better then ever and the movement is nice and smooth.

http://images.wikia.com/runescape/images/4/4f/Flag_shadows.gif

Gameplay: With the ability to train over 20 skills, play many different minigames, find the best way to strike it rich (I have many ways, just not the patience to do it for more then 30 minutes), and make friends, this is a game worth playing. There is something for everyone in this game even if you don't think so.

Storyline(s): The stories are very in depth and you can have hours of fun trying to slove the mystery of the Gods, the missing NPC, and the origins of the greatest warriors to walk Runescape.

Special Events: When the Holidays come around its time to party with the Grim Reaper or the Easter Bunny. The fun is great when Winter comes cause there are a lot of events happening. Even when its not the holidays, falling stars, the circus, and house parties go on. The best place for drop parties is the Party Room in Falador. Party Pete is a riot, the only player with a afro. http://www.gamers-forum.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

http://images.wikia.com/runescape/images/e/e8/Party_pete_detail.png

Over all the game is great and it keeps getting better unless your one of those who left during the "worst" or "best" updatte at the end of 2007, begining 2008.

Graphics: 9/10 because they have improved greatly since the launch.

Gameplay: 10/10 because there is always something to do and if you are a member there is always something new.

Story Line: 8/10 because there are only several continuing story lines, hopefully they continue them after the recent poll on the Runescape Homepage.

Overall: 9/10 Don't knock it until you try it.

The site itself has a lot of stuff to offer: High Scores, Forums, Stories, Letters to the NPC of Runescape and more.

Shixx
09-09-2008, 04:58 AM
Good Review. I played it and loved it. still do but I'm burnt out.
I started playing it in 2001 I remember when you could PK everywhere in the game and then they made the guards that would attack you if you pked, good times, good times. I thought it came out in like 1998-2000.

GF Eric
09-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Good Review. I played it and loved it. still do but I'm burnt out.
I started playing it in 2001 I remember when you could PK everywhere in the game and then they made the guards that would attack you if you pked, good times, good times. I thought it came out in like 1998-2000.

They plan on bring back that feature to a server where it is PK everywhere. Time to own a part of Runescape.

Samus-Fan
09-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Uhm, plan to bring back a server?
No, that isn't going to fix it. You bring back PKing for ALL servers.
No body wants this crap about saving your items with gravestones, there isn't a point to PKing then.
If it wasn't for idiots walking into the wilds and dying, then it never would have happened.
The ruined the game and won't be able to have the amount of people they used to have.

Shixx
09-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Pking on all servers would make everyone Quit.
Pking everywhere in the RS world for one server is good enough.
don't see why people get so mad about no PKing it's a very small part of a very big game.

GF Eric
09-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Pking on all servers would make everyone Quit.
Pking everywhere in the RS world for one server is good enough.
don't see why people get so mad about no PKing it's a very small part of a very big game.

Yeah and if they made PKing everywhere on EVERY server, I would quit because I wouldn't be able to do anything that I want.

Joshuah
09-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Great review :-) I played Runescape, I loved it, got bored after 3 months :-P Was on it everyday! lol

Samus-Fan
09-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Yeah and if they made PKing everywhere on EVERY server, I would quit because I wouldn't be able to do anything that I want.

That wasn't what I meant.
I meant bring back the wilds, making PKing only in the wilds like it used to be. That is what I want.

A server that is JUST pking? Dumb. They thought that might bring some people back? A server dedicated to Maxed-Leveled people and Ancient Magicians? That is what they think will fix their mess-ups?

I laugh at Jagex's Pitiful attempts.

LiNuX
09-10-2008, 07:49 PM
good review there, if you give it a 9/10 then its alright if you compare it to old version of runescape which you are doing but if you compare it to other games out today its a 3/10 for me imo lol

good review overall, in depth and descriptive, good job :)