PDA

View Full Version : trade in's anyone?

apokolipz
02-07-2007, 06:15 PM
does anyone here trade in some unplayed games for money? i do sometimes, but not often. i don't really like to mainly because i don't get that great of a deal. eh. post whatcha think.

LiNuX
02-07-2007, 08:24 PM
i used to do that for my old sega genesis, i used to know this owner at this gaming store nearby, i used to give him 2 games and he give me one, a new one of course :) it was ok deal, my game number went from like 40 to 15 cuz of that lol, but not recently, i dont find any use to it

crazay
02-09-2007, 01:36 PM
i used to trade in games for cash, my old super nintendo and gameboy, it was ok, i bought mostly used games for those anyway lol

wifi
02-11-2007, 08:07 PM
yea i traded in a lot of games, for ps1 and ps2 and gameboy mostly, it was worth the extra cash

apokolipz
02-12-2007, 10:41 AM
like i said, i don't really trade em' in much. but when i do i stick with Game Stop or EB Games. the FYE commercials claim that you get a good deal there, i haven't but whtvr.

Magnetism
02-28-2007, 05:14 AM
I used to do it alot until I noticed that I was being ripped of big time, you could get a new game and then trade it in a week later for like half the price. In the end I stopped doing it and now have quite the collection because of it.

And well I found have the larger collection gave me more variety and made my enjoy the games more as I could easily switch between them.

LiNuX
02-28-2007, 03:00 PM
yea the price goes down big time lol but for sega games, it was kinda worth it, i used to know the store owner where i traded in, used to do like i give him 2 games he gives me one, sometimes he even let me do a 1 on 1 trade :)

Magnetism
03-01-2007, 03:12 AM
I used to know a small games store owner and she would let me borrow all the second hand games that I wanted. Unfortunatly she moved her business when she moved house so that put an end to that little deal :(

souljaa
03-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Never tried that. I always keep my games.

LiNuX
03-02-2007, 09:46 PM
I used to know a small games store owner and she would let me borrow all the second hand games that I wanted. Unfortunatly she moved her business when she moved house so that put an end to that little deal :(

what do you mean second hand games?

souljaa
03-02-2007, 09:50 PM
I'm guessing he meant, games that were brought in by other people, and were used by them.

Eric
03-03-2007, 08:56 PM
I have never done this myself, and never really plan to. Got quotes once on some games, but didn't sell them because they were too low to even bother selling

jasonbay
03-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Well I traded in about 40 ps2 games and got 140 trade-in value , then today I traded in F1 (pS3) , head coach , some poker game and only got 30 , so it really depends . I think its worth it though sure I was jipped on a new Ps3 game but I didnt like it and its better than getting nothing , I wish I had Ebay im sure I could get more.