PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading PS3 HDD

Hockeyfan
09-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Well, 60GB is just not enough. I have already used up 40GB and I will be adding much more in the furture. Right now I am thinking about getting a 320GB. The only problem I have is that how will I backup everything? All I think I have is a 2GB USB drive. I do not plan on backing up all of the demos and stuff I have downloaded, only game saves and stuff.

Another question I have is that do I only need my game save data or do I need all of the installation crap also?

I also read somewhere on the internet that somebody upgraded his PS3 so that he could rent a game from blockbuster or something and then be able to load all of the contents of the game onto the HDD itself. I'm sure this is illegal but I was just wondering if it was a lie or what.

jakncoke
09-11-2008, 12:55 AM
Well, 60GB is just not enough. I have already used up 40GB and I will be adding much more in the furture. Right now I am thinking about getting a 320GB. The only problem I have is that how will I backup everything? All I think I have is a 2GB USB drive. I do not plan on backing up all of the demos and stuff I have downloaded, only game saves and stuff.

Another question I have is that do I only need my game save data or do I need all of the installation crap also?

I also read somewhere on the internet that somebody upgraded his PS3 so that he could rent a game from blockbuster or something and then be able to load all of the contents of the game onto the HDD itself. I'm sure this is illegal but I was just wondering if it was a lie or what.

bold1-ya that's all you need, well maybe bigger if you have more saves

bold2- IIRC just save data and then it'll just re-install the installation stuff

bold3- BS, PS3 doesn't have RIP capabilities

Hockeyfan
09-11-2008, 07:46 PM
bold1-ya that's all you need, well maybe bigger if you have more saves

bold2- IIRC just save data and then it'll just re-install the installation stuff

bold3- BS, PS3 doesn't have RIP capabilities

k, Thanks.

This can be closed now.