PDA

View Full Version : Im a bit scared.

AllAroundGamer
09-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Okay so Im getting a 360 cause its a great console and whats even better the games and online. Im getting one this weekend and Im pretty excited but Im scared it might fail real quick. I hear all these stories on the web and its makes me nervous. My friend have 360's and theirs have never failed. Does it really fail easily and alot?

Jaykub
09-11-2008, 05:25 PM
If You Keep it in shape don't drop it, keep dust out of it, etc. The you should be fine just keep it safe. It does not happen alot

rukisuto
09-11-2008, 06:04 PM
It definitely doesn't crash as much as you think.
I've had mine for three years, but we just recently had to send it in.
Don't worry.

Samus-Fan
09-11-2008, 07:30 PM
I have had mine since it came out, no problem at all.
Dun kick it, drop it, keep it upright, or on the floor.
Yes, having it vertically will damage it and cause more ruined games.
Lay it horizontally to save a 360 life.

Trunks
09-11-2008, 07:39 PM

Are you sure, because I think it's a rumor, considering I found this.
Article Detail - Xbox 360 News - QJ.NET (http://xbox360.qj.net/Horizontal-Playing-Does-Scratch-Discs/pg/49/aid/4232)

I've been playing my 360 vertically since I got it 2 years ago. The first game I got was Burnout and it works fine, halo 3 also works fine and I probably spent more than 500 hours on it.

Juicebox
11-30-2008, 04:10 PM

Kick it? why the hell would you kick it xD?

legion2408
12-01-2008, 12:50 AM
It depends on the Xbox since i had to return the Xbox to Costco because of some various problems that they had but i think that the new ones are more resistant to dust and stuff

to juicebox: idk maybe because some guy gets a lucky kill , when your team abandons you for no apparent reason or maybe by accident or frustration

Home32
03-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Kick it? why the hell would you kick it xD?

Trying to get a perfect on Through the Fire and the Flames on expert mode?

Exodyus
03-24-2009, 11:43 PM
I would personally just say leave it horizontally, but elevate it. Imagine that the console is a baby computer and putting it on a pillow, carpet, or anything that will retain heat could cause it to over-heat and damage the system.

Vert or Horizontal - I don't think will matter. It all depends on how you treat the system.

It's Potato - Pototo. Pushing in the disc tray or letting the system do it to itself.

In all certainty, life is dangerous. It could just explode for kicks. Lol.
Don't worry so much.

Knibbler
03-25-2009, 05:44 AM
You should be fine, I've had mine since release back in 2005. It's been standing vertically the whole time, I've knocked it, kicked it, thrown my controller at it... I've even split my drink over it....
but it still works and I'm yet to send it in

jakncoke
03-25-2009, 11:06 AM
You should be fine, I've had mine since release back in 2005. It's been standing vertically the whole time, I've knocked it, kicked it, thrown my controller at it... I've even split my drink over it....

your lucky.........

EpsilonX
03-25-2009, 12:15 PM

you sound like me. I've broke 2 PS2 controllers and cracked open the bottom of a PS3 controller from throwing them. My ps3 controller is held togeter with scotch tape

Knibbler
03-25-2009, 08:13 PM
you sound like me. I've broke 2 PS2 controllers and cracked open the bottom of a PS3 controller from throwing them. My ps3 controller is held togeter with scotch tape

lol I managed to break my way through 4 PS2s and I'm on my second PS3 due to frustration with games... partly the reason why I don't game on the PC lol

jakncoke
03-25-2009, 08:26 PM
I don't even want to count how many PS2 controllers I broke, my wallet thinks me for getting a grip on my temper as I have only broken 1 PS3 controller and it wasn't due to frustration just accidental dropping and me being a windowlicker

Jjjet1
03-30-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm glad my local gaming store (Wal-Mart small town eh?) lets me jsut bring in my old broken controllers and lets me get a brand new ,in case, controller! ;) I've probably broken two controllers playing NFS:Most Wanted when it came out. I destroyed another one when I was pissed at Halo for well... me dieing! :0 But now I'm a little more careful with my controllers. I've yet to kill one. Haha But I've always had my 360 verticle and I've never had a single scratched disc or misread disc or anything. I've actually heard horizontally playing your 360 will scratch the disc. But I guess every console is different. Anyone know if miscrosoft is exchanging scratched games for new ones? I know they were before but only a limited selection.

otis
04-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Had my first one for 2 years. red ringed. Fixed it. upgraded to the NXE. red ringed again. Swapped it in for "newer" xbox.

Expecting the worst, hoping for the best. MS hardware blows, bottom line. Amazing console though.

Nosferatu
02-06-2010, 06:02 PM
I own both PS3 and Xbox 360. I love them both, but to be honest, I trust the PS3 more. by trust I mean I tend to be careful while using the Xbox360. Cause Just like You, I hear alot of stories online about the ROD and all that stuff.

Charlotte
03-24-2010, 04:13 AM
lol, easy mate, just keep it well, dont drop it :L and furthermore, u better buy ps3 cause it's free of damage.

Frank-the-Rabbit
03-24-2010, 07:32 AM
I was sure it couldn't happen to me then sure enough my 360 got the RROD and is done for. I had it long enough that the 3 year warranty was done. Then within the next week I had 3 other friends loose their 360's as well. TBH I don't think there is much you can do to help prevent this from happening. I have heard that the 360 elites have fewer issues with this but they are pretty new so its hard to say. Guess you should hope for the best and that it will RROD when your warranty is in effect or that it just doesn't happen to you. :-P

BobTD
03-25-2010, 10:13 AM
the 360 will eat your disc if you switch its position from horizontal or vertical while its on, just so you know. As well you should not move the system with a disc in it even if its turned off.

I have seen people ruin the system and the game this way.

But all in all the system is worth getting, in my opinion.

Endgameko
05-29-2010, 12:52 AM
Mine has never gone wrong so far, but none of my consoles have. Just look after it and it should work fine, don't cover it in peanut butter or anything!

Jokersvirus
05-29-2010, 01:13 AM
First generation xbox 360 failed alot because they were rushed and some type of simple error happens thats melts wires together.

im on my second xbox360 first one was a first generation so it was bound to fail and it did with a laser len failure, keep it in good condition and everything you will be fine.