PDA

View Full Version : Classical Music

LuckyStrike
09-17-2008, 08:55 PM
I'd like to know if anyone here listens to classical music ? I've been listening to it since I was born because my father had an avid interest in it and was a composer hence why I also compose (I experiment with all genres though). My faves are Tchaikovsky, Chopin, Vivaldi and Domenico Scarlatti (although he was in the Baroque period he greatly influenced the Classical style). I think Classical music conveys more emotion than any other music and I'll always continue to listen and enjoy it, I hope there are people here who share the same feeling for it as I do =].

Trunks
09-17-2008, 09:02 PM
I don't even think I've listened to a full song of it. Well, in study hall, you can hear the band playing some types of Classical music. If that counts at all.

LiNuX
09-17-2008, 09:33 PM
i used to listen in the 9th grade...lets just say that was a long time ago - mainly because my music professor was a classical period fan so he played a lot of the songs and i got caught into some of them, Chopin being one of them.

A lot of their songs are great, from Classical and Baroque as you mentioned. And I was in my junior high school's renaissance band a while ago, we played a lot of these songs from different musical periods. Not just the renaissance period.

It was fun..but haven't really listened to it that much in the past few years.

LuckyStrike
09-17-2008, 10:48 PM
he played a lot of the songs and i got caught into some of them, Chopin being one of them.

Chopin can really bring down the house and by that I mean make everyone in the house depressed lol, but on the other hand he can be quite upbeat/lively. Being in the Renaissance band must've been a fun experience, I've never joined any of the local Classical/Baroque groups but I have played my pieces in my old school and got a surprisingly good reception considering the audience wouldn't have been the type of people who I'd think would enjoy it.

LiNuX
09-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Chopin can really bring down the house and by that I mean make everyone in the house depressed lol, but on the other hand he can be quite upbeat/lively. Being in the Renaissance band must've been a fun experience, I've never joined any of the local Classical/Baroque groups but I have played my pieces in my old school and got a surprisingly good reception considering the audience wouldn't have been the type of people who I'd think would enjoy it.

yeah i was in the band playing drums lol :D it was alright, got to know some of the music, i don't remember any of the titles though, it was so long ago but i can probably go along with the music now if i had to - also was in the stage band which was rock and partly jazz which was cool too

if you respect music, you'll learn to play them from all eras :D assuming the person knows how to play an instrument lol...and not be picky about the music at first

LuckyStrike
09-17-2008, 11:20 PM
yeah i was in the band playing drums lol :D it was alright, got to know some of the music, i don't remember any of the titles though, it was so long ago but i can probably go along with the music now if i had to - also was in the stage band which was rock and partly jazz which was cool too

if you respect music, you'll learn to play them from all eras :D assuming the person knows how to play an instrument lol...and not be picky about the music at first

wow that stage band seems pretty good aswell I love rock and jazz (well I enjoy all genres of music but I can make an exception for some, we all have to dislike something lol). I agree 100% with with learning to play music from all eras and not being picky, I know a local punk band that are influenced by classical and hip hop music lol. I'm not a big punk fan but the stuff those guys come up with is very interesting, just shows have much different genres can influence each other.

LiNuX
09-17-2008, 11:26 PM
wow that stage band seems pretty good aswell I love rock and jazz (well I enjoy all genres of music but I can make an exception for some, we all have to dislike something lol). I agree 100% with with learning to play music from all eras and not being picky, I know a local punk band that are influenced by classical and hip hop music lol. I'm not a big punk fan but the stuff those guys come up with is very interesting, just shows have much different genres can influence each other.

oh yeah...the one genre i dont like is country, but as a drummer i can make up beats as i go along lol..if you know the simple stuff and have good hand, leg, and mind coordination, you can go with any kind of music. I prefer to play rock type music like punk rock, rock & roll, even slow rock lol...but it all actually began in the renaissance band. I joined the stage band much later.

one good thing about being in a school band, you can miss classes for concerts and stuff lol...and i was just 1 out of 3 drummers in the whole school and I was the only 'A' student in the thing so I got to play more songs in more concerts :D one of the other drummers was a Pr**k and conceited, thinking he was better than everyone and the other drummer was a girl...she only played the slow songs lol, and songs without solos.

fun times....i wanted to start a band last christmas break but didn't get the chance, I dont have a drum set of my own, not a lot of places to put it living in an apartment in NYC lol, and of course, neighbors would complain

LuckyStrike
09-18-2008, 12:10 AM
oh yeah...the one genre i dont like is country, but as a drummer i can make up beats as i go along lol..if you know the simple stuff and have good hand, leg, and mind coordination, you can go with any kind of music. I prefer to play rock type music like punk rock, rock & roll, even slow rock lol...but it all actually began in the renaissance band. I joined the stage band much later.

one good thing about being in a school band, you can miss classes for concerts and stuff lol...and i was just 1 out of 3 drummers in the whole school and I was the only 'A' student in the thing so I got to play more songs in more concerts :D one of the other drummers was a Pr**k and conceited, thinking he was better than everyone and the other drummer was a girl...she only played the slow songs lol, and songs without solos.

fun times....i wanted to start a band last christmas break but didn't get the chance, I dont have a drum set of my own, not a lot of places to put it living in an apartment in NYC lol, and of course, neighbors would complain

I have to say I do enjoy some country music, I probably got a liking for it through my mother who listened to it quite a bit of it, but I also have her to thank for introducing me to Bob Dylan, Neil Young and Crosby Stills and Nash. It's a shame you don't have room nor cool neighbors so you could have your kit, it's always good to be able to jam around your own place. I'll be trying to start a reggae band soon since it's a genre I haven't tried out yet even though I love it, maybe I can try come up with a weird mix of classical and reggae lol.

LiNuX
09-18-2008, 10:33 AM
I have to say I do enjoy some country music, I probably got a liking for it through my mother who listened to it quite a bit of it, but I also have her to thank for introducing me to Bob Dylan, Neil Young and Crosby Stills and Nash. It's a shame you don't have room nor cool neighbors so you could have your kit, it's always good to be able to jam around your own place. I'll be trying to start a reggae band soon since it's a genre I haven't tried out yet even though I love it, maybe I can try come up with a weird mix of classical and reggae lol.

that'll probably be worth listening to lol...and yeah not a lot of cool neighbors, doesn't matter

i have 3 guitars at home and i haven't touched them since probably january lol..gonna try to make myself an expert at those too, guitars and drums can play almost any genre which is great...and now keyboards with all the different sounds and stuff...well you can play any genre with any instrument, you just have to know how to make it work, like a cello in a punk rock song lol..have to know how to work it otherwise it'll sound horrible.

the classical+reggae mix sounds good though lol...cleggae? :twitcy: