PDA

View Full Version : C&C Tiberian Sun

LuckyStrike
09-18-2008, 03:35 AM
Anybody still play this ? It was released in 1999 so it might not have a big community anymore but I remember this used to be really popular, found my copy today and I think I might start playing again. Anybody else here play TS and know if there's still a following ?

LiNuX
09-18-2008, 05:43 PM
think i saw a few posts about this, not sure but i haven't been into the command and conquer games myself, i've played it but i can't tell you more details lol.too long ago and on my old old pc too

LuckyStrike
09-18-2008, 08:32 PM
searched forum before I posted and didn't return any results for TS. I used to be really into C&C and tiberian sun was my fave, I've found out that there are still some people playing this anyway so think I'll install now and give it a go ;) still like to know if anyone else here plays so we could have skirmish lol

Blackbird
09-19-2008, 05:08 AM
This game isn't new, is this another version of Tiberian Sun? :)

LuckyStrike
09-19-2008, 05:22 AM
nope it's not new lol, it was released in 1999. Another version of Tiberian Sun ? I've only heard of Tiberian Sun and the expansion Firestorm

Blackbird
09-19-2008, 05:54 AM
Then I might be wrong haha, that might be another Commander & Conquer that show up on the TV :S

EpsilonX
09-19-2008, 07:38 AM
I used to love this game. I loved how the people were like sprites but the mechs were in 3D. But I don't remember much, only that there were mechs, some giant tank, and the fact that there were these goo fields that turned ur guys into blobs.

i miss that game

LuckyStrike
09-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Then I might be wrong haha, that might be another Commander & Conquer that show up on the TV :S

C&C on TV ? arg, I envy your gaming TV ! lol

Epsilon : I think the giant tank was for GDI, it was called the mammoth 2k1 or something like that.

I've just installed my version from years back and it works perfectly, great catching up on old games like C&C TS, it's so good !

Blackbird
09-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Sure they show up gaming on the TV, but that's only once in week and we have anime madness from 10 pm to 5 am every day :)

YuriPrime
09-20-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm seriously considering getting this game in the near future and playing it during the break between semesters. If so I'll PM you and we can organize a skirmish.

LuckyStrike
09-20-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm seriously considering getting this game in the near future and playing it during the break between semesters. If so I'll PM you and we can organize a skirmish.

Sounds good ! I haven't had time to play as much as I'd want with work but I have the next week off so lots of time to get back into C&C =D. When do you get your break ?

xenoclix
02-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Tiberian Sun is my god, my life, my game!

I continue to play, even since day one in 1999! Love this game so much, and its the reason why im a gamer now!

of course i dont play just this, but i do have a few games a week to keep up the game play :D.

Exodyus
02-26-2009, 10:39 AM
If you need a 4th, I'll play.
I have like 3 copies of that game, I think. Lol.

My biggest issue was with the connectivity of the other players. Poor servers and people trying to join games from other countries.

But I have played C&C since Red Alert and Aftermath. <3
And I've played every one of them since, except for Generals. I'm not into the overhead battlefield controls.

Flab-Ender
03-02-2009, 04:14 PM
I bought the first decade that came with tiberium sun. I think i've played it once, it wasn't all that great. I like the newer C&C games.

LuckyStrike
03-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Wow ! This thread is still going since I was last here lol. Don't have my Tiberian Sun at the moment but when I get it back I'll definitely let you guys know if you're still up for a game.

I bought the first decade that came with tiberium sun. I think i've played it once, it wasn't all that great. I like the newer C&C games.

I played C&C Generals for a while but I have too many fond memories of playing TS so I'll always stick to the oldies, speaking of oldies, anyone play C&C on PS1, fun times ! :laugh:

Flab-Ender
03-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Wow ! This thread is still going since I was last here lol. Don't have my Tiberian Sun at the moment but when I get it back I'll definitely let you guys know if you're still up for a game.

I played C&C Generals for a while but I have too many fond memories of playing TS so I'll always stick to the oldies, speaking of oldies, anyone play C&C on PS1, fun times ! :laugh:

They have it for the ps1? That dosnt sound very good.

Exodyus
03-02-2009, 06:50 PM
They have it for the ps1? That dosnt sound very good.

It's ridiculously hard to control.

Flab-Ender
03-02-2009, 06:55 PM
I bet. I'm not a big fan for RTS games on a console. Only Halo Wars.

Exodyus
03-02-2009, 06:56 PM
I think Halo is lame, personally... but then again I'm one in a few hundred million who aren't Master Chief fanboys also... lol.

Flab-Ender
03-02-2009, 06:58 PM
I think Halo is lame, personally... but then again I'm one in a few hundred million who aren't Master Chief fanboys also... lol.

I like the XBL for halo 3. Not really for master chief. I mean he's cool, but im not crazy for him. That's just creepy lol. Oh and SHUN THE NONBELIEVER lol. Nah im just kidding. OR AM I!

Exodyus
03-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Lol!

SAAAAACTUAAARRRYYYY!!!

LuckyStrike
03-03-2009, 02:42 PM
It's ridiculously hard to control.

I didn't find it too hard to control, actually used to enjoy playing it alot, back when all I had to play was my ps1 and gameboy :laugh:

I found my C&C retaliation for ps1 and played it for a while, It was actually pretty difficult but playing with the link lead against a friend is fun, also handy that it came with 2 discs.

cr4ftm4ch1ne
03-02-2010, 05:22 AM
Awsome game! Favorite!

jango
03-02-2010, 05:24 AM
dunno if anyone missed this (http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic), but just posting just in case

Raoul
11-10-2010, 01:32 AM
The time when I played this game it was really awesome. I am still playing the Command and Conquer series, but I would not mind getting Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun again and the skirmish of the game is also really awesome I enjoyed playing it.