PDA

View Full Version : Tobey Maguire to make 50 million for doing Spider Man 4 n 5

jakncoke
09-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Tobey Maguire is now reportedly set to reprise his role as the title character in Spider-Man 4 and 5. The star is expected to film the back-to-back sequels over a six-month period next year.

And according to The Sunday Times, Maguire's deal also allows him to take early mornings and evenings off so that he can spend time with his toddler daughter.

The paper, which claims Maguire will earn "a record $50 million" for the sequels, claims that "Sony, which declined to comment, is thought to have been wary of allowing 'family time' because it could set a precedent. Finally its chairman, Amy Pascal, herself a mother, stepped in, saying six months without family time would not be fair on any parent."

The Times adds that it will be known "in the next few days" whether Kirsten Dunst will be back as Mary Jane Watson.

IGN: Spidey's Marvelous Deal (http://movies.ign.com/articles/910/910454p1.html)

Well can't say that I care about Spider Man but for those that do I'm sure you'll be ecstatic that they aren't getting a new dude to play spider man

LiNuX
09-18-2008, 10:29 AM
lol...still not as much as Will Smith :-P

and if they dont keep Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane, they better get someone that looks just as good in red hair...

i guess its congratulations to Tobey Maguire, spiderman movies are the movies he's known for these days lol...and i actually remember Sea Biscuit, dont remember if i watched it or not

jakncoke
09-18-2008, 10:45 AM
That's because Will Smith is a box office beast just look at his movies WW totals, hell his string of 100+ million domestically is impressive in it's self, Tobey only has 1 movie other than the Spider Man franchise to gone over 100 domestically and that's Seabiscuit , without Spider Man he's nothing.

Edit: Source to where Will Smith pulled in 25 million a film? OT: Funny thing I heard on TV the other day, Nicole Kidman got 17 million to do The Invasion and it only pulled in $15,074,191 domestically, $40,170,558 worldwide with a 80 million budget.

LiNuX
09-18-2008, 10:55 AM
That's because Will Smith is a box office beast just look at his movies WW totals, hell his string of 100+ million domestically is impressive in it's self, Tobey only has 1 movie other than the Spider Man franchise to gone over 100 domestically and that's Seabiscuit , without Spider Man he's nothing.

Edit: Source to where Will Smith pulled in 25 million a film? OT: Funny thing I heard on TV the other day, Nicole Kidman got 17 million to do The Invasion and it only pulled in $15,074,191 domestically, $40,170,558 worldwide with a 80 million budget.

yea will smith is crazy when it comes to dragging in the money, its worth it for them to pay him that much - and yeah my point was that tobey maguire is near worthless without spiderman but he does a good job at it. They are probably predicting it'll be worth it for them to pay tobey this much..probably predicting high revenue

and its $50 mil for both movies if i read correctly, so he's getting about 25 mil per movie...

dont know what these guys do with all that money anyway lol, if you get a million a year, it'll be more than enough to survive these days.

jakncoke
09-18-2008, 11:00 AM
You avoided my question >_<

LiNuX
09-18-2008, 11:07 AM
You avoided my question >_<

what question? lol...i just read your post all over again - the will smith thing? thought you answered it yourself, and i seem to have overseen the nicole kidman thing lol....just laughed at that, bet she's happy and the producers are not

jakncoke
09-18-2008, 11:09 AM
lol...still not as much as Will Smith :-P

and if they dont keep Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane, they better get someone that looks just as good in red hair...

i guess its congratulations to Tobey Maguire, spiderman movies are the movies he's known for these days lol...and i actually remember Sea Biscuit, dont remember if i watched it or not

See you're implying Will Smith makes more than or = to 25 million a film(I know he makes a **** ton) but I want to read your source unless your just assuming he does and don't have one then I'll drop it.

LiNuX
09-18-2008, 11:29 AM
See you're implying Will Smith makes more than or = to 25 million a film(I know he makes a **** ton) but I want to read your source unless your just assuming he does and don't have one then I'll drop it.

it was on TV, one of the entertainment shows my little sister watches, said Will Smith makes more than $25m per movie or something. i dont remember the number exactly but it was high, caught my attention, was a while ago too

says it here too:Will Smith, The Top 100 Celebrities - Forbes.com (http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/53/JRSR.html)

but thats from 2005...

here is a more recent one: Will Smith News | Will Smith is Highest Paid Actor in Hollywood (http://www.atpictures.com/news.php?id=5812)

jakncoke
09-18-2008, 11:35 AM
tks for the links :)

Kujo
09-18-2008, 06:25 PM
Toby is kinda gay imo. And I'm not really a Spider-Man fan. Meh!

LemonRising
09-19-2008, 07:04 AM
Why so many spiderman?
I JUST WANTED ONE MORE.

Carnage fo sho.

And Will Smith is worth every penny -licks lips- ;D