PDA

View Full Version : What About a Chat Night?

Jaykub
09-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Hi GF Members!

A few of us GF members have AIM and what does everyone think about maybe setting a day a month or week to have a chat? It would be a great way to get to know GF members and have fun

Yuuki
09-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Ohh, sounds like a good idea to me! ^_^

LiNuX
09-19-2008, 05:05 PM
you can go ahead and organize this but know that this will not be backed up by the forum :) we won't stop you or restrict you and i can't do it because my GFSup account is not my primary account, can't accept chat invites anyway :) I'd prefer to do this with IRC, bit cleaner and we have control over that

have fun with that!

Jaykub
09-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Would love to hear what all you guys think is a good day

Yuuki
09-19-2008, 05:09 PM
I think Friday would be good because you don't have to worry about homework RIGHT away. You know? But I normally go outta town after getting home from school. =(
And I dun come back until Sunday. =__= Suucckks! Lol.

MacQuarie
09-19-2008, 05:14 PM
you can go ahead and organize this but know that this will not be backed up by the forum :) we won't stop you or restrict you and i can't do it because my GFSup account is not my primary account, can't accept chat invites anyway :) I'd prefer to do this with IRC, bit cleaner and we have control over that

have fun with that!

IRC is a better option cause not many people use AIM (compared with other instant messenger clients at least). For anyone using firefox it's just a simple plugin that takes 2 seconds to download and another to install.

Riku-Nara
09-19-2008, 05:18 PM
what about msn?

Jaykub
09-19-2008, 05:28 PM
I made the post in forum talk. it is open to all messengers

jakncoke
09-19-2008, 05:30 PM
It would be neat if Linux installed a chat thing here like the one on sportssession

Sportssession Forums (http://www.sportssession.com/)

Jaykub
09-19-2008, 05:30 PM
It would be neat if Linux installed a chat thing here like the one on sportssession

Yeah or on a site I use to go to tradingcardcentral

jakncoke
09-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah or on a site I use to go to tradingcardcentral

I think I got banned from there, any who I don't even collect cards anymore. I have like 15k just sitting around.

Jaykub
09-19-2008, 05:54 PM
I think I got banned from there, any who I don't even collect cards anymore. I have like 15k just sitting around.

ya I was banned for a month for saying dam and gave up on em. Also were you jasonbay on sports city usa?

jakncoke
09-19-2008, 06:06 PM
ya I was banned for a month for saying dam and gave up on em. Also were you jasonbay on sports city usa?

yes. lol I haven't been to that site in ages, I'm going to log in and see how long ago it was.

Edit: guess I won't seeing I can't even find the site.

Jaykub
09-19-2008, 06:10 PM
yes. lol I haven't been to that site in ages, I'm going to log in and see how long ago it was.

Edit: guess I won't seeing I can't even find the site.

Ya some guy joined was a great member got admin access and killed the site

jakncoke
09-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Ya some guy joined was a great member got admin access and killed the site

:laugh:, I always wanted to do that to a site or get admin privileges to a big site and ban a bunch of people if not everybody

Edit: lulz this thread is so OT

Jaykub
09-19-2008, 06:17 PM
:laugh:, I always wanted to do that to a site or get admin privileges to a big site and ban a bunch of people if not everybody

Edit: lulz this thread is so OT

Well I have been admin of many gaming sites and sport card sites and I have never wanted to do that. even know the sites were worth lots$$$$

LiNuX
09-19-2008, 06:48 PM

i would but usually shoutboxes and chat modules take away from the forum activity, i know spammers corner would weaken up lol...

i tried setting up an irc agent on the forum but it gave a few people errors and fewer people was able to connect

Blackbird
09-19-2008, 06:55 PM
That should be awesome to have IRC chat room around in the forum, well you could installed something like Java IRC Chat. :)

LiNuX
09-19-2008, 07:11 PM
That should be awesome to have IRC chat room around in the forum, well you could installed something like Java IRC Chat. :)

yeah i tried that, people had errors, and only a few people connected, i didn't have time to try to fix it though, might set it up again later on, need to make it work so users's username is the nick in irc

Kiss
09-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Java IRC is the best. I had a online freind who had one.... Oh the memories.

Blackbird
09-22-2008, 07:43 PM
I don't really like to used Java IRC chat so I prefer more mIRC. Easy that way for me :)

--svens--
09-23-2008, 03:12 PM
its actually good idea ,but i prefer msn

Blackbird
09-23-2008, 06:34 PM
mIRC is better since you don't need to add people and invite them to the channel. MSN is that way.

no2rious killa
08-19-2009, 10:49 PM
I like the idea a lot. For me either way really works. However if I'm on my mobile I don't know if I could use IRC. But I would def log on at home to join.

LemonRising
08-20-2009, 01:28 AM
I have mIRC

I think chattin'd be goooood.

I COULD KICK ALL YOUR BUTTS AT VERBAL CHESS.
imjoking

andr6192
08-20-2009, 07:35 AM
lemon and killa you do notice that this post is around 1 year old right? just wanted to check :P

jakncoke
08-20-2009, 12:43 PM
/thread

Start a new thread, this thread has been dead.