PDA

View Full Version : Viva Pinata? Wtf is it?

El3mentGamer
09-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Ive heard of this game has anyone played it and can give me a good explantion of what it is?

LemonRising
09-21-2008, 06:10 PM
it's a game based on a kids show.

jakncoke
09-21-2008, 06:38 PM
I never played it but I suppose I can do a little internet search and give you a better explanation than what Lemonrising did,lol and seems to be wrong.

Viva Piñata is a life simulation game developed by Rare Ltd., for the Microsoft Xbox 360 video game console. The project was headed by Gregg "The Grim Reaper" Mayles and the team behind the Banjo-Kazooie series, based on an idea from Tim Stamper.[1] Although rumors of the title circulated among fans for some time, Viva Piñata was officially announced on March 15, 2006, and first released in November 2006. With a "general audiences" or "everyone" rating, the game provides bright, colorful visuals, intended to appeal to children and adults alike.

Likened to The Sims, Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon,[2] the game tasks the player with turning a neglected plot of land into a beautiful garden. As with many sandbox games, the game is open-ended, with no strict winning or losing requirements. Instead, players are guided only generally towards the objectives of increasing their garden's value and attracting piñata residents. Players are free to determine their own sub-goals and work towards them.

Developing a successful garden requires setting up the land and foliage appropriately to attract piñatas, as well as purchasing various items to place within the garden (e.g., homes for the piñatas). When certain requirements are fulfilled, the garden will attract a simple black-and-white version of a given piñata species. After fulfilling additional requirements, the piñata will become a resident, changing into a full-color version. Once two piñatas of the same species are residents and their mating (romance) requirements are met, they can perform a romance dance, resulting in a baby piñata egg. No piñata has a gender specific design, and hence any two piñatas of the same species can mate (with inter-species romances possible as well in a few cases).

When piñatas get together to mate, a maze-navigation minigame is initiated. Completing the mating minigame successfully will result in a piñata egg being delivered shortly thereafter. For species encountered early in the game, the minigames are simple, but as the game progresses, minigames become increasingly difficult. The difficulty also increases as more members of a given species are resident, as the more piñatas in a garden, the fewer the number of lives the player receives during the minigame.

In addition to looking after the needs of their piñatas, players must also watch out for Ruffians (and their leader, "Professor Pester") as well as sour piñatas, who enter the garden with the sole intent of wreaking havoc. Their mischief includes eating seeds and produce, destroying objects, or dropping sour candy which causes resident piñatas to become ill if consumed. If the player is resourceful, sour piñatas can, however, be won over and turned into productive garden residents. Additionally, players can earn or purchase individual parts of a totem pole-like structure known as the "Tower of Sour" to deter the type of sour piñata each part corresponds to. Different parts of this become available as the player completes certain requirements. Players can pay Ruffians to leave the garden temporarily, but in order to keep the Ruffians from returning, players must purchase a "Captain's Cutlass" from one of the merchants.
Screenshot of a garden
Screenshot of a garden

Each piñata which is a resident of the garden can be customized as the player sees fit. Customization options include:

* The name of the piñata.
* The piñata's decorative tag (which stays with it, wherever it goes).
* Unlockable accessories the player can purchase for their piñata, ranging from hats, to backpacks, to large teeth. These accessories can increase a piñata's value, or can grant the piñata additional abilities.

Customizations, including accessories, are lost if a piñata is broken (Viva Piñata's version of death) for any reason, including being eaten by another piñata, being hit with a shovel or by Professor Pester, or after being sick for an extended period of time (after which the witch doctor Dastardos breaks the piñata).

Gametrailers.com - Viva Pinata - Pinata Tutorial (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/14407.html)

Gametrailers.com - Viva Pinata - E3 2K6 Microsoft Press Conference Demo (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/11142.html)

Trunks
09-21-2008, 06:53 PM
It looks pretty dumb to me.....

jakncoke
09-21-2008, 07:07 PM
It looks pretty dumb to me.....

ppl say it's fun but I also agree that it looks dumb. only reason I'd ever pick it up is if it or vp tip was cheap and I felt like being a gamerscore whore.

El3mentGamer
09-21-2008, 08:03 PM
well it looks kiddish so im prolly not gonna try it

Rei
09-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Ahem allow me to enlighten you. When Viva Pinata came out i couldnt care less, it looked like it was for 2 year olds and i was too busy playing Gears of War.

A few months passed and i was looking for a cheap used game at gamestop and i came across VP for 17 bucks and i recalled alot of people saying it was fun so i though meh i'll give it a try. Let me tell you.. i've only played a handful of games that are as addicting as VP.

You start off with this piece of crap block of land and you are handed a shovel and told to have a go. You spend your time clearing this land of debree, which is easy by having your shovel out and hitting a button to destory stuff, and you're givin grass which you poor on the ground and grass grows instantly. Your main goal is to make this aweful looking piece of land a flourishing garden to attract pinatas, and once they start coming the addiction starts. You start getting more and more money and you're able to buy better looking decorations and houses and trees and plant seeds and you can hire workers to pick seeds and water plants and warn off predators as more and more different kinds of pinatas flock to your garden.. it's suprisingly full of depth and addictive gameplay.

Best 20 dollars i've ever spent. As a 22 year old i can honestly say this game is addicting and ridiculously fun. I'd be suprised if a kid could play this game as it's pretty challenging even for me. Dont judge a game by it's cover is all i can say o.ob

ppl say it's fun but I also agree that it looks dumb. only reason I'd ever pick it up is if it or vp tip was cheap and I felt like being a gamerscore whore.

Just a heads up i have 40 hours of gameplay and i only have 300 gamerscore. This is a long game and a bad choice for achievment whorrage.

El3mentGamer
09-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Ahem allow me to enlighten you. When Viva Pinata came out i couldnt care less, it looked like it was for 2 year olds and i was too busy playing Gears of War.

A few months passed and i was looking for a cheap used game at gamestop and i came across VP for 17 bucks and i recalled alot of people saying it was fun so i though meh i'll give it a try. Let me tell you.. i've only played a handful of games that are as addicting as VP.

You start off with this piece of crap block of land and you are handed a shovel and told to have a go. You spend your time clearing this land of debree, which is easy by having your shovel out and hitting a button to destory stuff, and you're givin grass which you poor on the ground and grass grows instantly. Your main goal is to make this aweful looking piece of land a flourishing garden to attract pinatas, and once they start coming the addiction starts. You start getting more and more money and you're able to buy better looking decorations and houses and trees and plant seeds and you can hire workers to pick seeds and water plants and warn off predators as more and more different kinds of pinatas flock to your garden.. it's suprisingly full of depth and addictive gameplay.

Best 20 dollars i've ever spent. As a 22 year old i can honestly say this game is addicting and ridiculously fun. I'd be suprised if a kid could play this game as it's pretty challenging even for me. Dont judge a game by it's cover is all i can say o.ob

Just a heads up i have 40 hours of gameplay and i only have 300 gamerscore. This is a long game and a bad choice for achievment whorrage.

this dude needs to be a revieweer cuz hes all over game INFO

Scott
09-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Yeah it's like The Sims. It's very addictive and good for achievements so if you liked the Sims you should like it.

LemonRising
09-23-2008, 04:29 AM
There's still a child's cartoon.
http://www.4kidz.tv/show/vive
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise: Home
(http://www.vivapinata.com/)

B|

-obviously helpful and not wrong.-

Jjjet1
10-05-2008, 03:20 PM
i actually liked this game. basically it's for someone with a lot of time on their hands because i played this game a lot. but i can't get to a few things so that's where online guides come in handy! hehe. but if you want a game that get's fun quickly and doesn't die out right away then go for this game. it's fun and will make you want to play it when you're not playing.