PDA

View Full Version : Best 10 RPG´s ever!!!

--svens--
09-21-2008, 10:26 AM
List your 10 favourite RPG´s:-)

cspace
09-21-2008, 11:23 AM
i dont think i have 10 fav but i have a few

1. EverCrack oops i mean EverQuest
2. World of Warcraft
3. Guildwars
4. Last Chaos
5. Zelda
6. Fable 1
7. GTA 4
8. see i dont have 10!

jakncoke
09-21-2008, 11:57 AM
GTA 4 is not a RPG.

Trunks
09-21-2008, 11:59 AM
WoW
FF 11
Bio Shock
FF x-2
Guildwars
Silkroad
Mass Effect
Eve
Lineage 2
Oblivion

--svens--
09-21-2008, 12:02 PM
1.Oblivion
2.Mass Effect
3.KOTORII
4.Morrowind
5.KOTOR
6.Diablo
7.Final Fantasy XII(PS2)
8.Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
9.Dungeon Siege II
10.Fable
It´s my oppinion only :-)

MacQuarie
09-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Fable
Knights of the Old Republic
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
Pokemon Fire Red

I can't think of any others that I've played enough to list, or that are worth listing.

jakncoke
09-21-2008, 12:13 PM
WoW
FF 11
Bio Shock
FF x-2
Guildwars
Silkroad
Mass Effect
Eve
Lineage 2
Oblivion

not an RPG >_<

Anyways I really don't play RPG's, so...

Suikenden
Oblivion

Trunks
09-21-2008, 12:19 PM
not an RPG >_<

Anyways I really don't play RPG's, so...

Suikenden
Oblivion

Bioshock is a lot like one if you ask me. More of a FPS, but has a lot of RPG features.

Blackbird
09-21-2008, 04:22 PM
This is my lists :)

1. Xenogears (PS1): All around everything was great. (Music, Story, Gameplay, Characters)
2. Final Fantasy 7 (PS1): Probably the only other game I feel should be #1, but I like Xenogears more.
3. Legend of Dragoon (PS1): Awesome game all around.
4. Chrono Cross (PS1): Poshul and Pip best characters ever lol.
5. Star Ocean: Til the End of Time (PS2): Awesome graphics, gameplay, but the story is whacked.
6. Legend of Mana (PS1): Awesome gameplay. You can do so much on this game.
7. Brave Fencer Musashi (PS1): One of the funniest RPGs and Musashi best.
8. SaGa Frontier 2 (PS1): I really liked the story of Gustave and Will.
9. Enchaned Arms (Xbox): What I really liked here was the unique battle system and the story was pretty good.
10. Suikoden 2 (PS1): Another great game with a good story.

List of Other RPGS I Play:
Arc the Lad: Twilight of Spirits
Ar Tonelico
Atellier Iris 2 & 3
Breath of Firer 4
Chrono Trigger
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Final Fantasy 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, Tactics & Mystic Quest
Grandia 1, 2 & 3
Kingdom Hearts
Legend of Legaia
Tactics Ogre
SaGa Frontier
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Suikoden 3 & 4
Super Mario RPG
Tales of Destiny & Legendia
Xenosaga Episode 1, 2 & 3

cspace
09-21-2008, 07:51 PM
GTA 4 is not a RPG.

You play the role of Nicco in an open ended Roleplay as "Nicco" game for the xbox 360 or ps3 GAMING console. it is a RPG its not a Traditional MERPG or DNDRPG but it is still a RPG-AA Action Adventure

jakncoke
09-21-2008, 08:06 PM
You play the role of Nicco in an open ended Roleplay as "Nicco" game for the xbox 360 or ps3 GAMING console. it is a RPG its not a Traditional MERPG or DNDRPG but it is still a RPG-AA Action Adventure

No it's not fool. How are you even here didn't you get like 5 infractions earlier :laugh:, GTA games fits in sandbox games/action-adventure, 3rd person shooter genres it does not fit in RPG you heathen, you crazy heathens on this site always want to classify as a rpg.

cspace
09-21-2008, 08:20 PM
No it's not fool. How are you even here didn't you get like 5 infractions earlier :laugh:, GTA games fits in sandbox games/action-adventure, 3rd person shooter genres it does not fit in RPG you heathen, you crazy heathens on this site always want to classify as a rpg.

You follow a role in order to beat the game you have two roles you can follow and what do my infractions have to do with you ? i mis understood the rules a little and now i have read them and understand better but thats beside the point GTA 4 is not truly a Sandbox / Open Ended oh wow you can fall away from the story line and not advance kill people steal cars and cause havok or you can follow 1 of 2 story lines where you follow the role of Nicco to beat the game. i dont care if it is listed as sandbox AA or not its still RPAA because you cant be you you have to be Nicco you have to play the role of nicco and follow the story to win basic elements of a RPG dosnt matter if its swords or guns horses or ferraris its still ROLE PLAY but most gamers that buy shooters hear role play and think boring so it was only listed as an action adventure.

Blackbird
09-21-2008, 09:11 PM
I don't play GTA 4 myself, becuase I'm never been in so much in GTA games before but I'm have play one of them in Playstation 2.
If you can't level up your characters it doesn't called an RPG, it's more like an adventure action based game for me.
Let's think about a Turn based Combat system in RPG, that's up to your intellected and order up your strategy to be able to win, you choose a person/pets to attack the opponent. Do you have seen/played Eternal Sonata, Persona or Final Fantasy game? That's what I'm calling a good RPG and can't not called GTA 4 a real RPG.
It's more like an action-adventure, It's action there your using guns etc.
Adventure while followed the main story or you can just go around.

You follow a role in order to beat the game you have two roles you can follow and what do my infractions have to do with you ? i mis understood the rules a little and now i have read them and understand better but thats beside the point GTA 4 is not truly a Sandbox / Open Ended oh wow you can fall away from the story line and not advance kill people steal cars and cause havok or you can follow 1 of 2 story lines where you follow the role of Nicco to beat the game. i dont care if it is listed as sandbox AA or not its still RPAA because you cant be you you have to be Nicco you have to play the role of nicco and follow the story to win basic elements of a RPG dosnt matter if its swords or guns horses or ferraris its still ROLE PLAY but most gamers that buy shooters hear role play and think boring so it was only listed as an action adventure.

Do you want to get another infraction? That's not allowed to insulted others gamers here, calling him a fool, might hurting his feeling but you are right about the GTA 4 is fit in action-adventure. That's it his miss.

Rei
09-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Back on topic =P

This was a hard list for me to come up with but here she is:

1. Final Fantasy 7 (VII)
2. Final Fantasy 11 (XI)
3. Knights of the Old Republic 2
4. Knights of the Old Republic
5. Shin Megami Tensai Persona Fes 3
6. Final Fantasy 3 DS version
7. Final Fantasy X
8. Oblivion
9. Fable
10. Tales of Vesperia

Just missed was Lost Oddysey.

Also i didnt know if you could call Zelda and Pokemon games RPG's... so i left them off my list and left your classic pure RPG games.

cspace
09-22-2008, 09:32 AM
P.S RPG dosnt mean you have to level up or you have to use magic. it just means you play the role of someone during the corse of the game

Rei
09-22-2008, 11:04 AM
P.S RPG dosnt mean you have to level up or you have to use magic. it just means you play the role of someone during the corse of the game

Well if that's the definition of an RPG then every game is an RPG. You play the role of somebody in just about every game ever. Halo would be an rpg because you play the role of Master Chief, Half Life would be an rpg because you play the role of Gordon Freeman.. see what i mean?

cspace
09-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Well if that's the definition of an RPG then every game is an RPG. You play the role of somebody in just about every game ever. Halo would be an rpg because you play the role of Master Chief, Half Life would be an rpg because you play the role of Gordon Freeman.. see what i mean?

RPG Short for role-playing game, it is a game genre where one or more players adopt a role and act it out in a virtual reality. Usually in an RPG game, you will set out on an adventure or quest, and multiplayer RPG games allows gamers to complete these quests with other gamers as allies over the Internet or as a LAN game.

It is a game that consists of quests "or missions" not levels, and is usealy has some sort of Adventure feature to it GTA 4 being the vast city which you explore to find missions and follow script lines in order to win.

Scott
09-22-2008, 03:38 PM
I don't play many RPGs.

1. KOTOR
2. Oblivion
3. Fable
4. Mass Effect
5. KOTOR 2
6. Lost Odyssey
Ummm I don't think I have played any other RPGs that I liked....

Rei
09-22-2008, 04:40 PM
RPG Short for role-playing game, it is a game genre where one or more players adopt a role and act it out in a virtual reality. Usually in an RPG game, you will set out on an adventure or quest, and multiplayer RPG games allows gamers to complete these quests with other gamers as allies over the Internet or as a LAN game.

It is a game that consists of quests "or missions" not levels, and is usealy has some sort of Adventure feature to it GTA 4 being the vast city which you explore to find missions and follow script lines in order to win.

Look i'll make this easy to understand. We all know what RPG means but there are classic RPG games in the genre and then there are games that you could consider RPGs but arent really in the classic sense of the genre.

If it follows the outlines of a Final Fantasy or it's more loose and open like an Oblivion then it's an rpg. If it doesnt fall into comparison with those franchises i'd argue that it's not an RPG. GTA is an action game, your character doesnt level up or get better at doing things as the game progresses.. it's always the same.

mizushinzui
09-22-2008, 05:43 PM
I gotta say that my top ten RPG's are

1.FFVII
2.KOTOR II
3.KOTOR
4.Astonishia story
5.FFX
6.Mario RPG
7.Guild Wars
8.12sky (as long as MMORPG's count)
9.Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
10.FFX-2

I know that some of these are for old consoles but I admire the classics:D

Rei
09-22-2008, 06:04 PM
I gotta say that my top ten RPG's are

1.FFVII
2.KOTOR II
3.KOTOR
4.Astonishia story
5.FFX
6.Mario RPG
7.Guild Wars
8.12sky (as long as MMORPG's count)
9.Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
10.FFX-2

I know that some of these are for old consoles but I admire the classics:D

That list is pretty close to mine, you have good taste =P

mizushinzui
09-22-2008, 06:50 PM
thanks you very much :D
I nearly put a game in there from the sega called phantasy star II, you may of heard of it, its a classic but hard to play unless you know what your doing

jakncoke
09-23-2008, 12:09 AM
I don't play GTA 4 myself, becuase I'm never been in so much in GTA games before but I'm have play one of them in Playstation 2.
If you can't level up your characters it doesn't called an RPG, it's more like an adventure action based game for me.
Let's think about a Turn based Combat system in RPG, that's up to your intellected and order up your strategy to be able to win, you choose a person/pets to attack the opponent. Do you have seen/played Eternal Sonata, Persona or Final Fantasy game? That's what I'm calling a good RPG and can't not called GTA 4 a real RPG.
It's more like an action-adventure, It's action there your using guns etc.
Adventure while followed the main story or you can just go around.

Do you want to get another infraction? That's not allowed to insulted others gamers here, calling him a fool, might hurting his feeling but you are right about the GTA 4 is fit in action-adventure. That's it his miss.

go ahead:laugh:, do you honestly think i care? really? I have like 20 infractions, another will not phase me 1 bit.

Rei
09-23-2008, 01:00 AM

For the love of god man. GTA IV IS NOT AN RPG! If GTA IV is an RPG then crackdown is an rpg so is saints row, true crime, mercenaries 2, everything where you play as someone would be an rpg.

You dont level up, you have no skills that improve, Niko does things any normal person could do, i can shoot a gun i can drive a car.. it's an action/adventure game it's not an rpg.

LIKE I SAID BEFORE an RPG game is more than just playing the role of someone.. if that's all it took to be an RPG EVERY GAME EVER would be an RPG as in EVERY GAME EVER you're playing the role of someone. Hell even madden would be an RPG because you're playing the role of a player on the team. GTA IV is not an RPG please stop arguing that it is.

--svens--
09-23-2008, 03:04 PM
I hope soon I have in my list fallout 3 too

Rei
09-23-2008, 05:59 PM
I hope soon I have in my list fallout 3 too

The ONLY bad thing about Fallout 3 is it comes out a week after Fable 2. I have no idea what i'm going to do with myself this october @_@

Blackbird
09-23-2008, 06:31 PM
That's really good. Of course MMORPG counts :)

mizushinzui
09-24-2008, 12:06 PM
oh good, I think that I would rather fet FABLE2 than fallout 2, I would have more faith in it as I really enjoyed the first one, I also heard that there are more options than plain good and evil in this one.

--svens--
09-24-2008, 12:28 PM
actually fallout 3 is coming out nearly same time as fable2 and Iam waiting both of them

Joshuah
09-24-2008, 12:51 PM
I only have 2
Oblivion and Age of Empires :-)

MacQuarie
09-24-2008, 02:17 PM
Age of Empires is a real time strategy not a role playing game. :P

rebootblue
09-24-2008, 07:49 PM
1. Final Fantasy 7 (I am prepared for the flames of, "FF7 IS OVERRATED!" But I love this game)
2. Final Fantasy 9
3. Fable
4. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
5. The Bouncer
6. Dragon Warrior
7. Final Fantasy (For the NES)
8. Final Fantasy 3 (For the DS)
9. Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure
10. Dungeons and Dragons (You know. Satan's Game? Man that guy can make an RPG good)

Rei
09-24-2008, 10:51 PM
I highly doubt anyone would flame anyone with FF VII as their favorite RPG or even game.

Anyone that doesnt LOVE FF VII obviously never played it.

MacQuarie
09-24-2008, 10:59 PM
It was the first FF game I played, and the last.

EpsilonX
09-30-2008, 02:34 AM
1. Legend of Dragoon
2. Diablo 2
3. Megaman Battle Network 3 (more of a half-rpg, but i'm gonna list it anyways)

Those are the only ones i can really rank. Here are the other RPGs i've beaten

Pokemon games
the rest of the BN series except 1 and 2
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8

here are other ones that i started to play but haven't gotten around to playing (like having no time to play it anymore and when the opportunity arose again i didn't want to)
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
Star Ocean 3
FF7: Crisis Core (i'm gonna finish it soon though)
Xenosaga
Final Fantasy 12
Final Fantasy 12 revenant Wings
Final Fantasy 4

Rpgs that I own that i haven't started
Persona 3
Xenosaga 2

thats about it.

Jjjet1
10-05-2008, 02:56 PM
blackbird. how could you not play ff7? i've only played 10 9 8 7 4 and tatics but i would have to say that 7 was probably the best.

Pocket
10-05-2008, 08:02 PM
FF VII
FF Tactics (GBA)
WoW
Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time
Secret of Mana
FF X
Shining Force 2
Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess
Baldurs Gate II
Diablo

In that order :)

Yuuki
10-05-2008, 08:07 PM
1. Star Ocean: Till The End of Time
2. Kingdom Hearts
3. .Hack//Infection
4. Kingdom Hearts 2
5. Final Fantasy IV
6. Musashi Samurai Legends

That is all I can come up with at the moment.

CK9T
10-07-2008, 08:37 AM
1:Suikoden games. Most favorite is 2.
2:Legend of Dragoon.
3:Final Fantasy Tactics
4:Pokemon games...the Red,Blue,Yellow,etc.
5:Persona 3 FES

All I got for now.

EpsilonX
10-07-2008, 05:52 PM
1:Suikoden games. Most favorite is 2.
2:Legend of Dragoon.
3:Final Fantasy Tactics
4:Pokemon games...the Red,Blue,Yellow,etc.
5:Persona 3 FES

All I got for now.

hai five!

check out my sig.

CK9T
10-07-2008, 11:57 PM
hai five!

check out my sig.

/hai fives =D Yes. Legend of Dragoon was an exciting game. I love when I obtained the Divine Dragoon Spirit. I wish I still had the game(4 disc ftw)

Btw nice Dart sig.

EpsilonX
10-09-2008, 01:55 PM
/hai fives =D Yes. Legend of Dragoon was an exciting game. I love when I obtained the Divine Dragoon Spirit. I wish I still had the game(4 disc ftw)

Btw nice Dart sig.

Its like $10 on amazon.

I still have my original copy, all 4 disks. the case broke though, so i put it in 1 regular sized cd case and 3 slim cases, and i put all the artwork on the regular case.

I want to buy a brand new one though.

my favorite part of the game is...well...all of it except for the middle of disk 2, when you have to keep going back and forth. Also, I don't like on disk 1 when you had to rescue albert. Everything else about the game was perfect.

Tjoflojt
12-20-2008, 01:53 PM
1: NWN 2 (THE greatest RGP ever.)
2: KoToR II: Sith Lords (be one!)
3: NWN 1 (all expansions)
4: KoToR (to few levels, otherwise great)
5: oh, dunno.... don't play to many RPGs, but i guess most SW games fall under this category...

The only thing that annoys me about KoToR II is all the cut content. am thinking of getting some thrugh the restoration projekt though.

EDIT: Forgott NWN...

jason_chambers
12-26-2008, 07:43 PM
I think that Zelda should always be in a top ten rpg list. Thats just me, I love Zelda! ZELDA ROCKS, YEAH!!.... ... ... Okay, I'll be quiet now.

Samus-Fan
12-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Uhm...

1. Fallout 3
2. Oblivion
3. Earthbound
4. LOZ: Majora's Mask
5. LOZ: Ocarina of Time
6. I dunno if this is a RPG... Bioshock (Only cause you play a a character and play a role)
7. Runescape
8. Uhm...That's about all I can remember me playing.
9. Unless you count Super Metroid and Doom 2. Then those are 8 and 9.
10. But I don't have a 10th.

jason_chambers
12-27-2008, 01:34 AM
1. LOZ OOT
2. Final Fantasy X
3. Final Fantasy VII
3. LOZ A Link To The Past
3. LOZ
4. Final Fantasy VIII
5. Runescape
6. Mario RPG
7. Quest 64
8. Mech Quest
9. Dragon Warrior
10. Ultima Exodus

My mind went blank and I started Throwing stuff in.

Raw!
12-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Fallout 3.

I don't play much, but this one I played (and still I'm playing) and it's amazing.

jason_chambers
12-27-2008, 01:47 PM
I forgot all about Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. That is actually a great game for someone who is just learning how to play RPGs.

EpsilonX
12-28-2008, 09:05 AM
I forgot all about Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. That is actually a great game for someone who is just learning how to play RPGs.

I don't trust your opinion anymore, you said runescape!

Anyways my list is sorta like

1. Legend of Dragoon
2. Diablo 2
3. FF7
4. Xenosaga
5. FF8

i haven't gotten far enough in the other 5000385723895278 rpg's i own to rank them.

jason_chambers
12-28-2008, 11:58 AM
I don't trust your opinion anymore, you said runescape!

Anyways my list is sorta like

1. Legend of Dragoon
2. Diablo 2
3. FF7
4. Xenosaga
5. FF8

i haven't gotten far enough in the other 5000385723895278 rpg's i own to rank them.

LMAO! I know, you are right, it does get boring after a while, unless you actually have people on there that role play and doesn't just hang out. That makes it more interesting.

EpsilonX
12-29-2008, 10:22 AM
well the thing i didn't like about runescape was that nobody would chill. In diablo, you just have regular conversations about whatever while playing. idk it was nice.

Trunks
12-29-2008, 01:41 PM
well the thing i didn't like about runescape was that nobody would chill. In diablo, you just have regular conversations about whatever while playing. idk it was nice.

Really? When I played Runescape everyone always chatted. If you ever went fishing or cutting yews where there are a lot of people. all people do is chat. At least when I played they did.

jason_chambers
12-29-2008, 01:54 PM
It actually takes the point out of the game to just chat about what ever. Unless it is PM.

EpsilonX
01-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Like people would chat...about runescape related things.

in Diablo 2 you'd randomly strike up a conversation about your favorite bands and stuff. We'd have some really weird conversations in that game but i think it actually helped because it made the world more friendly. It's probably different though because in D2 its limited to 8 people per game. can't really compare.

jason_chambers
01-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Sounds like a major difference. Like I said before, it would be a better game if people would do thier OOC in the PMs, and not in the worlds them selves.

EpsilonX
01-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Sounds like a major difference. Like I said before, it would be a better game if people would do thier OOC in the PMs, and not in the worlds them selves.

i'm the opposite lol. i prefer the OOC chats

jason_chambers
01-14-2009, 12:55 PM
I think we are the only two in this thread now.. lol

We are like the only ones on this thread now. :lol:

Hey if you have an YIM and if you want, you can add me to your list. I'll pick it up. jaycee_wylde

I don't have X-Fire any more.

EpsilonX
01-14-2009, 09:15 PM
I think we are the only two in this thread now.. lol

We are like the only ones on this thread now. :lol:

Hey if you have an YIM and if you want, you can add me to your list. I'll pick it up. jaycee_wylde

I don't have X-Fire any more.

.......schizophrenic much?

jason_chambers
01-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Only on the days that the other three mes take me in a dark alley way and beat me down for my wallet. Other than that, it is just I and myself. :laugh:

link12001
02-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Golden sun? anybody??

Exodyus
02-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Hnm...

1.) Final Fantasy Tactics
2.) Breath of Fire III
3.) Final Fantasy VIII
4.) Star Ocean: Til the End of Time
5.) Hoshigami
6.) Super Mario RPG
7.) Final Fantasy IV
8.) Wild Arms III
9.) Suikoden III
10.) Final Fantasy VI

Other mentionable games would be:

Pokemon, lol.
Most of the FF series - I hated X and X-2. What a waste... FFI was infinitely better.
Lunar
Xenosaga was good until they folded the storyline from 8 games to 3 and killed it.
Ys is really easy, quick, and okay.
I've played Flyff for the better part of three years.

XXXBurningStarIV
02-27-2009, 03:53 AM
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Final Fantasy VIII
That is all.

Poosticks7
02-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Final Fantasy VII
Oblivion
Baldur's Gate I & II
Knights of the Old Republic I & II
Morrowind
Mass Effect
Fallout I to III

ok that's technically 11.

Eriadu
03-01-2009, 05:29 PM
I definitely have to jump in on this one, and try my hardest not to completely fill my list with Final Fantasies.

1.) Final Fantasy VI
2.) Final Fantasy IV
3.) Morrowind
4.) Super Mario RPG
5.) Final Fantasy XII
6.) Might and Magic 6 (these were cheesy but I have to put one in just for old times sake)
7.) Pokemon (just in general)
8.) The World Ends With You (haven't finished this one yet but it's pretty cool so far)
9.) Final Fantasy VIII

Okay I didn't quite make it to 10 but I can't think of anything else right now.

Exodyus
03-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Weeeak! Come on, Dani.

Eternal Eyes?
That creepy game you talked about for PS? Evil Zone? or something? Lol.

Eriadu
03-02-2009, 05:14 PM
:-P

I haven't played Eternal Eyes. And OMG. Evil Zone. Unfortunately, not an RPG. Just an idiotic fighting game. ::shudder::

Exodyus
03-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Leveling Pokemon with random jewels tactics game? Lol.

GF Eric
03-04-2009, 02:33 PM
I got 2

1. Runescape
2. KOTOR 1 and 2

archkyle
03-11-2009, 08:23 PM
1 DotA
2 WAR- Warhammer online
3 Mass Effect
4 Xenogears
5 FF7
6 KOTOR
7 legend of mana
8 guild wars
9 oblivion
10 fable

pretty much in order of which ones i played the most of!

jason_chambers
03-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Eriadu if you specify which pokemon games that you like, then you should be able to hit 10 or more.

Blackleo
03-22-2009, 03:06 PM
You forgot Runescape >.<

Vividz
03-30-2009, 03:17 PM
1) World of Warcraft
2) FF 7
3) Fable
4) Knight
5) Warhammer Online
6) Maplestory
7) Fable 2
8 ) Everquest 2
9) FF11
10) Runescape

Exylis
04-01-2009, 03:35 PM
1) Xenogears (PS1)
2) Final Fantasy VIII (PS1)
3) Xenosaga 1, 2, 3 (PS2)
4) Radiata Stories (PS2)
5) Final Fantasy VII (PS2)
6) Chrono Cross (PS1)
7) Legend of Dragoon (PS1)
8 ) Suikoden II (PS1)
9) Suikoden III (PS2)
10) Final Fantasy X (PS2)

Kattie
05-09-2010, 08:04 AM
Lineage II !!!! )))

Newkeh
05-14-2010, 05:06 PM
1. Diablo 2 LoD
2. allods

jango
05-26-2010, 09:21 AM
1. Neverwinter Nights (both of them, inc expansions)
2. D2 & LOD
3. Planescape Torment
4. Dragon Age Origins (inc Awakening)
5. ME2
6. World of Warcraft
7. Titan Quest
8. Baldurs Gate (2 in particular, including expansions)
9. Deus Ex (and the sequel)
10. Oblivion

Kenoi
05-26-2010, 10:21 AM
I don't really have any favorites, but from looking at posts from other people, I've yet to try them. thanks for making this thread, I got a lot to try out. haha.

XCalibeR_08
09-02-2010, 11:51 PM
1. Oblivion
2. RAGE
3. Fallout Series
4. Sacred2
5. Morrowind
6. Kingdom Hearts 2
7. Borderlands
8. World Of Warcraft
9. Guild Wars
10. Fable 2

Other RPG's I play:
Mass Effect
Dragon Age Origins
Alpha Protocol
Divinity
Diablo
KOTOR

BobTD
09-03-2010, 02:03 AM
This is some extream necromancy but still a very good thread. So I will participate:

1. Oblivion
2. Final Fantasy Tactics PSX
3. Legend of Dragoon
4. Pokemon (any up to crystal)
5. Morrowind
6. Grandia II
7. FFV
8. Fallout series
9. Jade cocoon 1&2
10. Mario RPG

11. Dragon quest 1&2 (I couldn't figure out what to take out when I remembered Mario RPG)
12. Wizardry (ps2 version, very rare had my copy stolen)

These are just my selections based on traditional RPGs, Oblivion being somewhat more action RPG but still close enough to morrowinds inspiration that I counted it. I wanted to put Eschalon on there but I just finished it and I cant really rate it until I have had time to come back to it and evaluate its place.

Other games I didnt list and why (in order of love):

Diablo2 (third person action RPG)
Guild Wars (online MMO)
KOTOR (havent finished yet)
Fallout tactics (to slow, almost great)
Mount and blade (great gameplay, weak on story, action RPG)
Lunar (just got it)
Jean D'ark (just got it)
Xenogears (never beat it)
Front mission 4 (could never beat it)
Eschalon (didnt make top 10)
Two worlds (guilty pleasure)
Baulders gate (hack and slash)
Champions of Norath (hack and slash)
Mass effect 1&2 (not really RPGs, some elements but still no)

Thats most of them, or at least the ones that are important to me. Also, Im not going to count traditional MMO's because they aren't RPGs in true nature. The are usually weak on plot delivery and don't have a classic RPG vibe going for them.

I just know I missed something that will jump out at me latter.

Aniki
09-05-2010, 07:57 PM
WoW
FF 11
Bio Shock
FF x-2
Guildwars
Silkroad
Mass Effect
Eve
Lineage 2
Oblivion

Pratically, my same list. I just don't like Bio Shock that much... It's spooky! xD

Sickangel
10-02-2010, 04:59 PM
sad not to see many FFVIIs in there..... FFVII is a great game..... best of the Final fantasy series in my opinion next to FFIV..... i guess were way ahead of that time now though

ViciousGamer04
10-02-2010, 05:34 PM
You guys are too "fresh". There are a lot of oldschool games I am not even seeing being mentioned.

Chrono Cross(Parallel worlds and yet, still an underrated game? Many characters to choose from? Pretty epic and "under the radar" game if you ask me.. hence my avatar..)
Chrono Trigger(pretttyy epic, and I mean. crazy multiple endings. Pretty sweet game. time travel ftw.)
Final Fantasy 3(Wish all their final fantasies were this good. Was like a "make or break" game for the company though. If this failed there would have been no Final Fantasy.)
Final Fantasy Tactics(One of the BEST turn-based games, ever.)
Final Fantasy 8(I liked the storyline. Game-play was.. a bit easy.)
Star Ocean(Creation is my friend :D)
Secret of Evermore(O.o, suprised noone really mentioned this.)
Secret of Mana(:D :D :D. Great for multiplayer game-play)
Super Mario RPG(pretty epic for an RPG made by an action game company.)
Disgaea Series(All of them are pretty addicting, time-consuming, n' whatnot.)
Tactics Ogre

Some other series worth mentioning are Grandia, Kingdom Hearts, Breath of Fire, Most Final Fantasies before the PS2, Legend of Legaia, Persona games, Morrowind, Zelda series, Shining Force, Earthbound, Dragon Quest, Diablo, Golden Sun, Lunar, and I am sure there a few I missed.

Aby55alD3m0n
10-03-2010, 11:46 PM
legend of dragoon
fable 1
fable 2
onimusha dawn of dreams
ffa 1 dawn of souls
ffa tactics advance
ffa x
ffa 12
ffa13
runescape

BobTD
10-04-2010, 02:49 AM
You guys are too "fresh". There are a lot of oldschool games I am not even seeing being mentioned.

Chrono Cross(Parallel worlds and yet, still an underrated game? Many characters to choose from? Pretty epic and "under the radar" game if you ask me.. hence my avatar..)
Chrono Trigger(pretttyy epic, and I mean. crazy multiple endings. Pretty sweet game. time travel ftw.)
Final Fantasy 3(Wish all their final fantasies were this good. Was like a "make or break" game for the company though. If this failed there would have been no Final Fantasy.)
Final Fantasy Tactics(One of the BEST turn-based games, ever.)
Final Fantasy 8(I liked the storyline. Game-play was.. a bit easy.)
Star Ocean(Creation is my friend :D)
Secret of Evermore(O.o, suprised noone really mentioned this.)
Secret of Mana(:D :D :D. Great for multiplayer game-play)
Super Mario RPG(pretty epic for an RPG made by an action game company.)
Disgaea Series(All of them are pretty addicting, time-consuming, n' whatnot.)
Tactics Ogre

Some other series worth mentioning are Grandia, Kingdom Hearts, Breath of Fire, Most Final Fantasies before the PS2, Legend of Legaia, Persona games, Morrowind, Zelda series, Shining Force, Earthbound, Dragon Quest, Diablo, Golden Sun, Lunar, and I am sure there a few I missed.

Certainly you mean Tactics Ogre on the psx and not the N64?

I take it you grew up with a SNES in your golden days as well. =P

EpsilonX
10-04-2010, 03:13 PM
By Final Fantasy 3 do you mean the DS game? Or do you mean what's actually Final Fantasy 6?

And yea, old school games are so much better than modern games. It's easy to slack when the graphics are amazing. Take some games and get rid of the great graphics and put them on an old school console and you're left with a boring game.

moneill83
10-04-2010, 04:49 PM
1) Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
2) Final Fantasy VII
3) Final Fantasy X
4) Final Fantasy VIII
5) Final Fantasy IX
6) Myth: History In The Making.
7) Galdregon's Domain. (Though I never comleted it)
8)
9)
10)

Okay I don't have 10 but those listed above are the ones that immediately spring to mind.

Linx_is_me
10-04-2010, 04:55 PM
There is a huge list of games I could mention but I just want to put up my favorite rather un heard of ones .
1- Parasite Eve
2- Parasite Eve 2
3- Super Mario RPG
4- Star Ocean Blue Sphere
5- Super mario Superstar saga

BobTD
10-04-2010, 11:03 PM
1) Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
2) Final Fantasy VII
3) Final Fantasy X
4) Final Fantasy VIII
5) Final Fantasy IX
6) Myth: History In The Making.
7) Galdregon's Domain. (Though I never comleted it)
8)
9)
10)

Okay I don't have 10 but those listed above are the ones that immediately spring to mind.

When I saw that I almost thought you meant Myth: the fallen lords but then again thats an RTS that has no resource gathering, and a set number of troops you start with. I still to this day think of it as somewhat of an rpg because you dont create units, and while you are awarded a new batch each level survivors carry over into that group and keep their stats and kills and grow stronger.

Its interesting that its also a Bungie game and probably the best looking game on a heightfield/billboard engine. It also has great story telling, animated cut scenes and a physics engine that carries every projectile realistically, so if an archer misses a target it will hit something or loose momentum.

To bad it doesnt really fit in any popular genre, I hope bungie goes back and foes something more with it. I loved the dark and grim fantasy element.

Raoul
11-08-2010, 03:30 AM
1. Gothic 4
2. Gothic 3
3. Fable 2
4. Fable
5. Rise of the Argonauts
6. Mass Effect 2
7. Dragon Age 2
8. Devil May Cry 4
9. Assassins Creed 2
10. Dragon Age

ViciousGamer04
11-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Certainly you mean Tactics Ogre on the psx and not the N64?

I take it you grew up with a SNES in your golden days as well. =P

Sorry about the late response. I trust very strongly in the email alerts to tell me when someone responded and I didn't get one this time.. XD.

But yeah, most definitely the PSX one. The N64 one was a bit of a disapointment imo.

Yeah, Snes and PSX ftw.

By Final Fantasy 3 do you mean the DS game? Or do you mean what's actually Final Fantasy 6?

And yea, old school games are so much better than modern games. It's easy to slack when the graphics are amazing. Take some games and get rid of the great graphics and put them on an old school console and you're left with a boring game.

I mean the Snes one. In the US it says, "Final Fantasy 3" on the cartridge, sooooo. I know it's called something different "originally" but I go by what the game tells me it is XD.

1. Gothic 4
2. Gothic 3
3. Fable 2
4. Fable
5. Rise of the Argonauts
6. Mass Effect 2
7. Dragon Age 2
8. Devil May Cry 4
9. Assassins Creed 2
10. Dragon Age

O.o. What's "Gothic" and lol. Fable. That game series isn't that great.. and the game is soooo short.

asdfjacob
11-08-2010, 10:28 PM
My favorite RPGs would be.

-The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
-The Elder Srcolls: Oblivion
-Borderlands

BobTD
11-09-2010, 01:09 PM
1. Gothic 4
2. Gothic 3
3. Fable 2
4. Fable
5. Rise of the Argonauts
6. Mass Effect 2
7. Dragon Age 2
8. Devil May Cry 4
9. Assassins Creed 2
10. Dragon Age

This is an interesting list because its certainly different. However Assassins Creed is not an RPG and Mass Effect only barley qualifies.

Im surprised to see a big fan of the Gothic series I might actually try them out now considering this list pits them against some pretty decent tittles. I half expected to see Two worlds on this list because it seems similar to to Gothic, however poorly its rated by most it was still a half decent game.

And Im actually looking forward to Two Wolrds2.

Mordry
11-14-2010, 11:37 AM
My 10 Favorite RPGs:

1. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
2. Gothic 1
3. Gothic 2
4. Risen
5. Vampires Dawn (RPG-Maker game)
6. Darksiders
7. Eternal Legends (RPG-Maker game)
8. Fable-The Lost Chapters
9. Vampires Dawn 2 (RPG-Maker game)
10. Drakensang (It's time to get Dragon Age:Origins)

I think that was it, sad that The Legend of Zelda is an action-adventure :(.

ROFLBRYCE
11-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Havnt really played that many, but..

1. Tales of Symphonia
2. WoW
3. Dragon Age
4. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
5. Warcraft 3 (RTS, RPG?)
6. Diablo 2
7. Fable
8. Final Fantasy 13

I think that's about all I've ever played and enjoyed lol

Samus-Fan
11-14-2010, 06:42 PM
However Assassins Creed is not an RPG and Mass Effect only barley qualifies.

I don't agree with this.
RPG literally means Role Playing Game, correct?
Well, in Assassin's Creed, you are playing a role of someone. And it's definitely a game.
If you don't count it, you can't count Bioshock or others either.
And if you choose the "Well you can't customize your character with abilities" or some other crap, then ME2 and ME should count. There is no way ME BARELY qualifies. It's clearly a RPG