PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars The Force Unleashed

El3mentGamer
09-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Im not a Star Wars Geek (no offense) but this game looked really interesting...

Anyone know a release date?

and thoughts about this game?

jakncoke
09-21-2008, 08:11 PM
It's already out, there is a demo impression thread somewhere if you search for it, it's fun to me and I'm not a star wars geek either. If you have a 360/PS3, just dl the demo and get a feel for it.

El3mentGamer
09-21-2008, 08:29 PM
i got a wii.. . and i just found out on 1up.com thats its already out

Rei
09-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Honestly unless you're a star wars fan (which i am) i wouldnt get this game especially on the Wii.

On the 360 the graphics are great and the physics engine is equally as great but the gameplay and length of game lack. There are alot of little glitches like getting stuck on stuff and things that look like you can jump on are actually weird glitchy hills that you slide right down, even a completely flat surface you'll slide off for some reason. The camera isnt too bad but every once an a while it'll get in a weird position and you'll end up taking some blaster fire or getting knocked down because of it, also the boss fight camera is really annoying.. sometimes it gets so far away it's hard to tell if you're next to or behind or in front of your opponent.

Without any rushing and taking my time to complete bonus objectives on certain levels i beat the game in just under 6 hours on normal difficulty. I tried replaying again on the hardest difficulty but the 2nd boss on Raxus Prime kicked my ass about 100 times in 4 hours. That was enough for me to trade the game in.

The story is really the only reason i could see any star wars fan liking this game for. If you're not a star wars fan this game really isnt for you.. yeah the physics are great but the length of the game doesnt let you play around with them for long enough to really appreciate them.

Definately not worth 60 dollars, it's more of a really good rental game. You'll see everything the game has to offer in a very short amount of time, there is little to no replay value. The worst thing about the replay value is the difficulty settings.. after you beat the game you CAN continue with your character and all your costumes and your lightsaber crystals but you CANT turn up the difficulty to unlock the achievement. You have to start a new game.

As for the Wii version, my little brother came over with it and he loves star wars so he was having a great time with the game. He's only 7 so i wasnt going to rain on his parade but the game on the Wii looked pretty ugly graphically... but to tell you the truth the whole time he was playing i wanted to grab the controllers from him and start swinging away. The lame thing about the Wii version is the physics engine isnt there like it is on the xbox and ps3. You can kinda destroy some stuff but it's more gimmicky than anything. Also when you kill enemies you dont get health like in the other versions, you have to actually find these weird little health pickups.. it makes the game harder which is weird because the Wii is mostly geared towards a younger audience.. at least it has multiplayer o_<

Djdoubt03
09-21-2008, 11:32 PM
I agree with everything REI Said, I picked this the day it was released on the 360. It's fun but I doubt there is any replay value.

Joshuah
09-22-2008, 12:27 PM
This game looks awesome, saw it on tv, I might get it for christmas :-)

El3mentGamer
09-22-2008, 01:07 PM
well after what REI said i think i might try it... is it rent-able at family video lol?

Scott
09-22-2008, 03:33 PM
I liked the demo. But it's not a game I'm desperate for so I think I'll just wait to get it cheaper next year.

MissLEGENDARY
09-22-2008, 04:51 PM
I downloaded the demo on the 360 and I liked it.
I'm not a star wars geek either....I'm more of a Lord Of The Rings kinda girl. lol

Rei
09-22-2008, 06:05 PM
I downloaded the demo on the 360 and I liked it.
I'm not a star wars geek either....I'm more of a Lord Of The Rings kinda girl. lol

Just so long as you know there is only one Return.. and it's of the Jedi. =P

jakncoke
09-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Just so long as you know there is only one Return.. and it's of the Jedi. =P

:laugh:, Clerks 2 is good.

Djdoubt03
09-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Anyone else get very frustrated with some parts of this game?

Rei
09-30-2008, 11:34 PM
Anyone else get very frustrated with some parts of this game?

I got through it on normal only dying a few times, it wasnt so bad. I stepped it up to Sith Master or whatever difficulty is the hardest and tried making my way through the game for the achievment but my adventure was cut short on the 2nd level. The boss on Raxus Prime on hard mode is IMPOSSIBLE to beat. For 4 hours i tried to beat him and it took me nearly 200 tries and the best i did was get him down to 3/4 and he sent out his first force junk monster thing and i had such little health it's stomp moved killed me.

I traded the game in the next day and put it towards Brothers In Arms HH which is awesome o.ob

Sweet142
10-01-2008, 12:29 AM
I expected this game to be awesome, I am a quite a star wars fan myself. The game was so short I beat it the day I got the game, if it had some kind of online play like duels or something that would be alright. The thing I really liked was the combat and the light saber customization options. I'll be trading this game in to get a discount on Fallout 3.

El3mentGamer
10-01-2008, 04:26 PM
seriously... anyone know if its rent-able anywhere?

Metallica1983
10-01-2008, 09:10 PM
I loved it but it was too easy and too short as said earlier and there is not alot of achivements for 360 only 47 i currently have 30 but for wii as said there is no replay value unless u enjoy repeatedly finding new ways of killing stormtroopers which i do