PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle entering MMA in late 2009

jakncoke
09-24-2008, 04:11 PM
KURT ANGLE has performed a sensational U-turn by insisting he WILL compete in mixed martial arts next year.

Speaking exclusively to SunSport, the ex-WWE champion confirmed he is in talks with leading MMA promotions, including the UFC.

Angle said: “I’m talking to several fight companies about doing MMA by the end of next year - 2009.

“I’m going to cross over to the MMA world for a while but I want to end up back in TNA and back in wrestling.

“I’ve always wanted to do it. I’m the only Olympic gold medallist that will enter the Octagon and it feels right for me.

“I can almost guarantee you’re going to see me in the Octagon.

“Obviously I’m going to have to take a few months away from pro wrestling to get ready for that.

“But I welcome that, it’s something I’ve always wanted to do and TNA have given me their best wishes.

“I’m 100%. A lot of people on the internet are bashing me but I’ve never felt better.”

Angle will follow former WWE ace Brock Lesnar in moving into MMA but he was cagey when asked which organisation he would be competing for.

He added: “It depends on which company gives me the best deal.

"I’m getting offers from the UFC, Pro Elite XC, Affliction and the IFL.

“It really comes down to who is going to give me the best deal and which fight would be best for me.

“The important thing is that whatever I do outside of TNA – I want to represent TNA and do well.

“God-willing, I’ll walk away successful and I can come away from MMA saying ‘I did it’ and go back to my professional wrestling routes.”

Angle: I'll fight in MMA next year | The Sun |Sport|UFC (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/ufc/article1724710.ece)

hmm I wonder how he does, his background in wrestling should help him out.

LiNuX
09-24-2008, 04:57 PM
he gets cocky sometimes and screws up lol..hope he doesn't do that in MMA..Good luck to him though, and ur right, his background in wrestling should help out big time, gold medalist, multiple time WWE and TNA champions...and more