PDA

View Full Version : Sony finally clearing out the 40gb sku with a lulz price

jakncoke
09-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Ho Ho Ho, it looks like Christmas is coming early for fans of the Playstation 3 system.

According to a Blockbusters' memo leaked to us today Sony is permanently dropping the price of the discontinued 40GB model of the Playstation 3 starting Sunday.

The price drop, which was verified by calls to a number of Blockbuster stores, will drop the 40GB model to $360 and an PS3 40GB bundle with an HDMI cable, Spiderman the movie and Transformers the game to $400. Stores that have trade-ins of the PS3 40GB will be selling it for $360 as well.

While the $40 or so price drop isn't much, maybe it signals other drops in line for the other versions of the console in the near future. Or perhaps Sony is clearing stock to make room for a Tokyo Game Show announced new SKU for the Playstation 3.

:laugh: at the 360 price tag.

PS3: Sony Price Dropping 40GB PS3 Model This Weekend (http://kotaku.com/5055311/sony-price...l-this-weekend)

UPDATE: Not a SCEA nationwide drop, It's just a Blockbuster drop. Funny either way.

LiNuX
09-26-2008, 04:00 PM
only blockbuster....there is one not too far but it takes like 40 mins to get there lol cuz you have to go around and whatnot, haven't been there in a while

and $40 isn't much, drop it to like $300 or something then I may be able to afford it for christmas!

Samus-Fan
09-26-2008, 04:09 PM
LOL.
Copycats.
I still don't need it right now, I have games coming out that I want and they will be on the 360.

jakncoke
09-26-2008, 04:10 PM
only blockbuster....there is one not too far but it takes like 40 mins to get there lol cuz you have to go around and whatnot, haven't been there in a while

and $40 isn't much, drop it to like $300 or something then I may be able to afford it for christmas!

Even at $360 the 40gb won't be on shelves much longer as they stopped producing them in probably early August, from what I gathered the 40gb was already hard to find in any store let alone blockbuster who most likely won't carry many consoles at all.

LiNuX
09-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Even at $360 the 40gb won't be on shelves much longer as they stopped producing them in probably early August, from what I gathered the 40gb was already hard to find in any store let alone blockbuster who most likely won't carry many consoles at all.

lol..they are probably already sold out but doesnt matter where i get one, as long as it doesn't eat up my pocket too much, i'll be happy

i need a job outside the computer now! for the money of course lol

EpsilonX
09-30-2008, 12:29 PM
i lulz'd at the price.

and at transformers the game.

they should pack it with like ironman, that would be win.