PDA

View Full Version : 360 slim spotted?

Scott
09-26-2008, 05:37 PM
Link (http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/25/slimmer-xbox-360-spied-in-the-wild/)

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/09/xboxen.jpg

We received an interesting tip that we thought we'd share with the group. Windows expert and all-around bon vivant Paul Thurrott recently previewed Microsoft's new Arc mouse on his personal blog, detailing the device with a handful of photos. In the final shot of the series, what appear to be two Xboxes side-by-side can be seen in the lower right-hand corner... but one of those consoles looks thinner than the other. The appearance of what might be a slimmer Xbox 360 has (needless to say) sparked a debate amongst our editors here. Some say it's nothing -- a matter of angle -- while others argue that this could be just the scenario in which you'd see a leak of a new form factor. Either way, you can't simply brush off the differences here, and a little Photoshop matching on our end proved that these edges are decidedly different in angle. So we put it to the Engadget reader: is this a sign of things to come, or just our imaginations running wild?

So where will the hdd be? the hard drive is as wide as the console so where will it go?

jakncoke
09-26-2008, 06:00 PM
If that indeed turns out to be a slim version then it's a fail version as well, seriously if it turns out true just just kill yourselves Microsoft, the correct way of slimming can be seen on the PS1 and PS2

LiNuX
09-26-2008, 10:09 PM
HDDs can be made small so i wouldn't worry about the hdd placement

and jak is right...thats not the way to slim a console lol, it doesn't mean that you just change one dimension, the whole idea is to make it smaller in all 3 dimensions

LemonRising
09-27-2008, 02:56 AM
Oh look, Xbox finally got off the couch and lost some weight >:U
What a fatty.

LOSING WEIGHT
yor not doin it rite.

rebootblue
09-28-2008, 04:56 AM
It can't be the angle. I'd need to look at the original picture to be sure, but I think microsoft just screwed up worse than when nintendo accidentally announced two characters into brawl with that sticker thing.

EDIT:
Original Pic: http://www.winsupersite.com/images/showcase/arc_mouse_12.jpg

At times the "slim" appears to be regular sized. But on closer inspection it does appear to be a slimmified version.

My thoughts on this are, "Microsoft is doing a lot of work for nothing.

Trunks
09-28-2008, 10:23 AM
To be honest, I don't think my xbox is as big as the fat one.

rukisuto
09-28-2008, 12:25 PM
To be honest, I don't think my xbox is as big as the fat one.

That's what I'm thinking.
Because the 360 isn't really that big and bulky anyways.

rebootblue
10-02-2008, 06:59 PM
:| It looks bigger due to the angle. I already calculated it, and yea it's about that size.

Jaykub
10-02-2008, 09:26 PM
All It is is a normal sized one turned backwards and at a angle turn your head and look

Trunks
10-02-2008, 09:45 PM
All It is is a normal sized one turned backwards and at a angle turn your head and look

None of them are turned backwards. They are facing the same way. Also turning your head on a 2D image isn't going to do anything....

Jaykub
10-02-2008, 09:47 PM
None of them are turned backwards. They are facing the same way. Also turning your head on a 2D image isn't going to do anything....

I will say this is almost the same size if not the same. but that is what the back looks like

Trunks
10-02-2008, 09:53 PM
I will say this is almost the same size if not the same. but that is what the back looks like

No lol?

What one do you think it backwards? The one on the left, you can clearly see the CD drive so I hope it's not that one. If you have a hard drive on a 360, then you would know that the hard drive slopes down in the front. Which it does on the one on the right. You can also see the wireless controller sensor on the right one. They are both facing the same way and it's the front that is showing.

Jaykub
10-02-2008, 10:04 PM
The right one looks backwards. Anyways why do u care so much

Metallica1983
10-03-2008, 08:13 PM
thats not an xbox 360 slim thats an xbox arcade just a black version look Xbox.com | Xbox 360 Arcade System - Retailers (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/buyNow/x/xbox360arcadesystem/)