PDA

View Full Version : last playstation

wifi
02-10-2007, 09:01 PM
i've read somewhere that the Playstation 3 is the last console Sony makes, then they r just gonna stick to computers and stuff, maaan, i wanted to see more newer playstations

LiNuX
02-10-2007, 09:06 PM
yea i've been hearing that all over too, its sad, i was gonna go buy the PS10 dude lol, but now i cant even look forward to that

wifi
02-11-2007, 07:21 PM
lol yea me too, but it sucks, hope they reconsider and make more

diablo
02-14-2007, 12:46 PM
oh really? this is the first time i heard that, it really sucks then, why stop now? keep going sony

LiNuX
02-14-2007, 08:26 PM
yea i know, it sux that they have to quit, but there is still hope, i dont think sony officially announced that yet

Twigz
02-16-2007, 07:58 AM
That would be catastrophic for all of the gaming world (I mean as far as I know) so I hope they don't follow through on that.

wifi
02-16-2007, 12:58 PM
That would be catastrophic for all of the gaming world (I mean as far as I know) so I hope they don't follow through on that.

we all hope that :P

Magnetism
02-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Xbox are dominating in the gaming world at the min and its going to be real hard for Sony to try and re enter the league with the other main competitors. I think that they have realised that they are not going to be able to break ahead as they hoped as Microsoft keep out doing them and now Nintendo have turned out to be a major competitor with the release of the Wii.

However this might not be that bad as Sony will stop working on their consoles and develop much better games and maybes even more advanced handheld systems than the PSP and other cool PC accessories.

Twigz
02-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Xbox are dominating in the gaming world at the min and its going to be real hard for Sony to try and re enter the league with the other main competitors. I think that they have realised that they are not going to be able to break ahead as they hoped as Microsoft keep out doing them and now Nintendo have turned out to be a major competitor with the release of the Wii.

However this might not be that bad as Sony will stop working on their consoles and develop much better games and maybes even more advanced handheld systems than the PSP and other cool PC accessories.

Yeah, I agree; Sony should focus their attention on improving their games and performance in terms of merchandise; we would have to see if that would be an improvement to their profits, but it's a start somewhere.

Magnetism
03-01-2007, 03:02 AM
If you think about their other products and things that Sony develop then it could be well worth while for them to concentrate their funds on more or their other inventions.

souljaa
03-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Lol PS10 :P...I've never bought a ps1, 2 or 3 so I don't really care..I've only bought a PSP.

Magnetism
03-03-2007, 02:35 AM
PsP is really something special in the series because its managed to basically put the power of the PS2 into your hands, something that they would really dominate would be the handheld consoles I think if they put all their funding from the playstations into.

souljaa
03-03-2007, 11:40 PM
PsP is really something special in the series because its managed to basically put the power of the PS2 into your hands, something that they would really dominate would be the handheld consoles I think if they put all their funding from the playstations into.

Yeah, it really is amazing :).

Magnetism
03-04-2007, 04:17 AM
I seen that they are developing a new PC line so they could be beginning their move into other technologies earlier than we thought.

LiNuX
03-04-2007, 10:01 AM
yea, they are only to move toward just their PC line now, which is bad and good, i love sony computers, im gonna buy a vaio for college if i can, trying to get a PSP now, trying to find it cheap, my ipod is making me madder and madder, i travel a lot so i need some music in my ears to keep me happy

souljaa
03-04-2007, 10:24 AM
yea, they are only to move toward just their PC line now, which is bad and good, i love sony computers, im gonna buy a vaio for college if i can, trying to get a PSP now, trying to find it cheap, my ipod is making me madder and madder, i travel a lot so i need some music in my ears to keep me happy

Ah...I hate ipods...the batteries suck on them after a while :P..What you got...the video?

LiNuX
03-04-2007, 10:29 AM
no, ipod nano, first generation, really old but it kept me happy for a while, i only got it because my sister wanted one so i shared with her, now she doesnt even touch it anymore so im gonna get a psp, watch videos here too

souljaa
03-04-2007, 10:43 AM
no, ipod nano, first generation, really old but it kept me happy for a while, i only got it because my sister wanted one so i shared with her, now she doesnt even touch it anymore so im gonna get a psp, watch videos here too

Ah..yeah, I wan gonna get the Ipod too..but then Just got the PSP.

wifi
03-04-2007, 09:11 PM
i want a psp too now lol, u guys talking about it making me want it :P

Magnetism
03-05-2007, 04:35 AM
PSP is rather bulky to use just for music though really wouldnt fancy carrying that around in my jeans pocket, lol

My Ipod seems to be lasting well maybes with your being an early version it has bugs you could try getting in touch with their sales department to see if they has been any fault with that batch.

Or it could be done to too much usuage if you use it alot I know i burnt out the battery in my last phone doing that.

souljaa
03-05-2007, 11:24 AM
PSP is rather bulky to use just for music though really wouldnt fancy carrying that around in my jeans pocket, lol

My Ipod seems to be lasting well maybes with your being an early version it has bugs you could try getting in touch with their sales department to see if they has been any fault with that batch.

Or it could be done to too much usuage if you use it alot I know i burnt out the battery in my last phone doing that.

Lol, yeah, for music..not the greatest..too big..That's why I have to go guy an mp4 now...or something for music...Small..but not the Ipod.

LiNuX
03-05-2007, 12:42 PM
well i dont mind :) buy a clip and just clip it on lol, its good for videos and playing games, i'll probably use it to play games in the subway while im at it, i actually bought a PSP today lol :) on ebay :) waiting for it to get shipped. its refurbished but it'll do for now, i just need something until college lol. just about 6 more months and im good, oh yea my ipod started working again, i let my battary run out so it shut off then i just recharged :) good times, dont worry people i still have money for those domains :)

souljaa
03-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Haha..Wow linux :P...Did you get any games with it too?

LiNuX
03-05-2007, 12:51 PM
no, not yet, i have to buy a memory stick though, i already have one thats 1 gig but thats for my camera, need to get a 2 gig or 4 gig one, thats next to buy, going to order than once i know my PSP has been shipped and shipping date. Then buy some games if I have time :). NFS Carbon probably, NFS is my favorite racing game so it'll help me pass time.

souljaa
03-05-2007, 01:16 PM
no, not yet, i have to buy a memory stick though, i already have one thats 1 gig but thats for my camera, need to get a 2 gig or 4 gig one, thats next to buy, going to order than once i know my PSP has been shipped and shipping date. Then buy some games if I have time :). NFS Carbon probably, NFS is my favorite racing game so it'll help me pass time.

Yeah, i have that on my PSP, great game.

Magnetism
03-07-2007, 07:45 AM
NIce.

jasonbay
03-26-2007, 11:14 PM
I think they'll be making more , they did make some bad decisions with the Ps3 like useing it mostly as a Blu-Ray launch tool . Which I cant blame them because if BR wins the format war that could lead to billions , But yeah ppl are doom and gloom about Sony and them leaving the console market because they are currently last, but if you look at the whole picture Ps3 is selling pretty good still and is pretty much on the same pace the 360 had , the only thinh now is Ps3 is competing with a 360 that has about 11 million sold and Wii that has about 6 million and ppl go comparing them to that , but think about not everyone has 600 to spend on a console with less than 5 good games and just think of this the Ps2 sold about 80-100 depending on what # you think it is after ppl upgrading from fat to slim and replacing broke one's so just think if half those ppl eventually upgrade thats 40-50 which would be one of the biggest sellest consoles still , On a sidenotes , I heard Ps wont be called ps4 because 4 is a unlucky number in Japan and also if Sony raises the price of the next console above 600 im buying what Ninty or M$ offers depending on what they offer

LiNuX
03-31-2007, 12:19 PM
wow didnt know 4 was a bad number for them, learn something new everyday, why though? lol

jasonbay
03-31-2007, 12:29 PM
I dont know I just learned like a month ago from a japanese member off of PS3forums he didnt go into why it was bad just said it was bad , seeing I dont know Japenese Culture i'll his word for it.

LiNuX
03-31-2007, 04:59 PM
its like the number 13 in the united states, but people still use it lol

diablo
03-31-2007, 11:01 PM
wow, i just learned that too, weird, 13 here 4 there, whats in china? lol