PDA

View Full Version : Computer check up!!!

TheKing
08-05-2006, 08:50 PM
on great way to keep your pc running smoothly is to do disk defragement on your computer every week. Also it is a good idea to have a fire wall along with a reliable virus scan... Chances are if your virus scan is free, then it really not that protecting your comp. I am cureently using McAfee...

TheKing
08-05-2006, 09:21 PM
The importance of a Firewall is that it places an always-on security barrier between the Internet and your computer. When someone tries to probe or attack your PC, you get the who-what-when-and-where. Firewall's provides protection against Trojans and
worms, helping keep hackers out and personal information in. Thats why my firewall has been so usefull to me

LiNuX
08-06-2006, 10:19 AM
i know all of that, and i know how ur firewall is lol, i have a firewall too, but i know how to configure it to let me do the things i want to do, i know that ur firewall wont let u download anything, so u gotta fix it like i tell u every time lol, and i have verizon online procection, pop-up blocker, firewall, virus scanner, and anti-spy, its all good, just as good as norton, by the way, norton and mcafee are both good scanners to have, i used to have both, but i think verizon is better since its my ISP

Twigz
08-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Question: Can ISP-produced virus scans really help improve the quality of computer use?

TheKing
08-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Well ISP virus scans helps a little bit but i found out that they do a good job finding the virus but not removing it. Thats a big difference.

LiNuX
08-06-2006, 03:11 PM
finding virus but not removing them? thats not right, i had mcaffee, then i got verizon protection, i had to uninstall mcaffee to install verizon cuz 2 scanners in one computer will screw up everything, and verizon is a great protector, if a virus gets into my computer some how, it finds it and kills in instantly without a need of scan, same with anti-spy

diablo
08-09-2006, 11:58 AM
verizon protection is really good, i used to use it, now i have norton antivirus 2006, its better than the rest hehe...but verizon is good, they find and kill viruses, i dont think i've had too much viruses with the scanners i use, i've used verizon for like 2 years, then mcaffee, and pc cillin, and norton, they are all good

Twigz
08-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Yeah Norton is the only one that I use to scan for any viruses...AOL Comp. Check-Up is OK, but it gets annoying when it keeps asking to install updates, and it also slows my hard-drive...

djgperu
08-10-2006, 05:54 PM
i scanned my pc online at safety.live.com and found that i had over 25 threats...
i was stunned by this information .. due that im running a free antivirus software so i guess itz just never safe enough
freakin trojans and viruses..

Twigz
08-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Why can't people just use their computers without having to worry about stupid trojans and viruses? Dang life... :-/

TheKing
08-17-2006, 08:07 PM
cuz some people want to feel like they have power!!!

diablo
08-18-2006, 05:41 PM
and some trojans and viruses are made accidently, and sometimes the maker doesnt even know that he/she made it, well, you only have to worry about viruses if you have an internet connection with a bad firewall. then u gotta worry about intrusion, unless you make the virus :o

TheKing
09-03-2006, 06:34 PM
I told you guys those free anti virus software doesnt work, thats what messed up my old comp.

Thor Erik
09-06-2006, 12:07 AM
Well, about ur first post, Defrag is not nesecary on NTFS systems. upon Vista there will be no sutch thing as "De-frag" since vista requires NTFS, or Win FS.

and about free AV not working...
not true at all. the worlds best AV (detecting 76% of all known threat) is free [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

and @ diablo:
Viruses can't be made accidentally. i have coded one virus in my life(just to test) and the main frame of a virus is quite special, meaning that a coder that manage to write sutch a main-frame know that he's made a Virus main-frame ;)

diablo
09-08-2006, 02:22 PM
o really? how about if someone puts in the wrong code and instead of making a program that the guy wants, he codes the virus instead, i dont know how it works, i never made one lol ;D

Thor Erik
09-13-2006, 11:29 PM
he would almost instantly discover (unless he's a complete nub, but then is the chanses of a release almost not there :P)