PDA

View Full Version : Weird but True XIII

Twigz
02-18-2007, 04:09 PM
A suburban-Detroit man was sentenced to six months' probation for putting a boa constrictor in his mailbox to scare his letter carrier.

James Rutherford Mell was charged with obstructing the mail last July after the carrier found the six-foot snake, as Mell stood in the driveway laughing.

Mell, 32, said the snake wasn't poisonous and didn't bite.

--------------

This North Dakota couple really was "lovin' it" at McDonald's - they chose the fast-food restaurant as the site for their Valentine's Day wedding.

Craig and Lori Sager supersized their relationship at the burger joint since they had been meeting there once a week for lunch and wanted to have their wedding "somewhere different."

--------------

A South Carolina SWAT team wiped a bit of egg off its face after discovering what had caused a four-hour standoff outside a man's house - he was asleep.

"He didn't know we were there until we put our hands on him," Capt. Steve Jenkins admitted sheepishly.

The 26-year-old man had drawn the attention of police after forcing his mother from their home by firing several shots.

But by the time officers surrounded the house, he had fallen asleep.

One Pennsylvania infant wasn't pulling his mom's leg when he announced he was in a rush to be born.

As Rebecca Johnson rushed to the hospital, the baby boy popped out, into the leg of her sweatpants.

"It happened so fast," she said. "I didn't know what happened until he was in my pant leg."

An ER doctor cut the boy's umbilical cord in the hospital's parking lot.

SWAT teams shut down three Phoenix schools and swarmed over the campuses after a student called in and said a man dressed as Batman had run through one of the buildings, jumped over a fence and disappeared into the desert.

But it turned out to be a hoax, and officials were mulling disciplinary action against the student.

A squirrel forced an American Airlines flight to make an emergency landing when the pilots heard it clamoring around in the wiring above the cockpit.

"You do not want a varmint up in the wiring areas and what-have-you on an airplane. You don't want anything up there," said airline spokesman John Hotard.

An elderly driver nearly caused a major pile-up in Sweden when he climbed into his car for the first time in 40 years, not realizing the country had switched from left-side to right-side driving - in 1967.

When the 79-year-old man edged out into traffic, other drivers were forced to slam on their brakes. The man eventually crashed into a pole, but continued driving before he was apprehended.

ShreadOfWheat
03-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Holy cow, sleeping with a swat team at your door, now that's awesome. They must feel so stupid after that i swear.

Man, the old man thing, thats hilarious dude lol, I'd love to see that news report lol.

souljaa
03-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Haha..Wow..Thanks Twigz :)..Some of those were good again :D.

Twigz
03-14-2007, 10:41 AM
No prob Soul; I know you guys have been missing the WBTs, so I'm getting a new one right now.