PDA

View Full Version : Splatterhouse

Samus-Fan
10-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Namco Bandai officially announced the next installment in the classic Splatterhouse franchise for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. This title, inspired by the 1988 arcade game of the same name, promises to combine horror with intense combat to deliver a game that "defies the boundaries of the traditional action category." The game is slated to release in 2009.

Along with the game announcement, Namco Bandai have supplied the world with a bit of the plot to Splatterhouse. The game follows Rick Taylor in his efforts to rescue his girlfriend, Jennifer, after she has disappeared in a mysterious mansion. That's when things go bad. Rick finds a mask that promises to give him the power to save his girlfriend and is "transformed into a juggernaut of pure violence and destruction." The story was created by comic book writer Gordon Rennie (Necronauts, Judge Dredd).

Splat.
Splatterhouse boasts a combat system that gives players options ranging from combos, grapples and makeshift weapons to the reanimation of corpses to fight alongside Rick. It also promises to add a new level of exploration to the series by making Rick more agile than ever before.

Things go from nasty to gruesome with the new death and regeneration mechanic. As Rick is injured, it will be reflected visually on screen. Fall prey to the mansion's inhabitants and you'll be able to watch them begin to tear Rick limb from bloody limb. To come back, you'll have to call upon the Terror Mask to regenerate Rick's body in real-time as you watch bones and guts return to their proper places.

"Splatterhouse promises to deliver an experience full of the gore, hard-hitting action and gritty atmosphere that fans of the franchise expect," said Todd Thorson, Director of Marketing and Public Relations for Namco Bandai Games America, Inc. "Packed with plenty of surprise twists and gripping gameplay, this entirely new entry in the series is set to introduce the bloody saga of Rick and the Terror Mask to a new generation of gamers when it launches in 2009."

Link. (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/877/877626p1.html)

I read this in my EGM, game looks amazing. I want it to come out sooner, but eh, dun rush a good game.
Anyone else heard of it? Anyone else looking forward to it?

jakncoke
10-06-2008, 07:43 PM
first time hearing of it, now my interest is peaked. Can't wait to see some pics/vids of it.