PDA

View Full Version : Sotw 44 :: Supplied Render

Samus-Fan
10-10-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm always peppy, lets change it...

Welcome to SOTW 44. I'm Samus-Fan, and this is a contest.
You are showing off your graphic skills to win the title of the winner of 44. So win.
Rules:

All entries MUST be withen the pxl. size of 500x200
You must supply proof that you made the signature, by either posting a screenshot or sending me the PSD file (Sorry, I don't use GIMP!)
Your entry must have a render, which must be the supllied one. You may NOT use a different render.

Here is the render you have to work with:
http://www.gamers-forum.com/imagehosting/135748f023a5cc6d8.jpg
(Mwuahahahaha! Have fun with THAT render!)

6 entries. Knock yourselves out.

1- Random Hero - http://www.gamers-forum.com/imagehosting/21048f50d4ca7acd.png
2- Yuuki - http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t159/SakuraHarunoLove/RoadWork.png
3-Jacob - http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w282/My_Banner_Album/RoadWorkBanner.jpg
4-
5-
6-

How was that? Boring? Plain? I hope I did a good job.

Jaykub
10-10-2008, 11:36 PM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w282/My_Banner_Album/RoadWorkBanner.jpg
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w282/My_Banner_Album/Screenshot3.jpg

wifi
10-14-2008, 12:27 PM
lol i like jacobs one, wonder who else will enter

Samus-Fan
10-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Jacob, I told you last time I wanted layers.
This one, I see the background layer, with everything, and then some text, and then a layer that is invisable.
I'm sorry, but since I have already made you aware of it and told you about it 3 times, I can not accept it.

Jaykub
10-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Jacob, I told you last time I wanted layers.
This one, I see the background layer, with everything, and then some text, and then a layer that is invisable.
I'm sorry, but since I have already made you aware of it and told you about it 3 times, I can not accept it.

1. I have a background.

2. I have the render and the background merged as u can see.

3. You can see the text.

4. I have the render again for effects.

5. The rest I did in gimp

How in the heck is that not right

Joshuah
10-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Here's mine (:
http://www.gamers-forum.com/imagehosting/21048f50d4ca7acd.png
PROOF-
http://www.gamers-forum.com/imagehosting/21048f50d4cc7a66.png

LiNuX
10-14-2008, 05:54 PM
1. I have a background.

2. I have the render and the background merged as u can see.

3. You can see the text.

4. I have the render again for effects.

5. The rest I did in gimp

How in the heck is that not right

1. your background seems to be the sig

2. why merge and then take a screenshot?

3. yeah we see text.

4. that render seems blank

5. right..

its not right. its not fair. It's not fair that you can show merged layers of everything while others have to show specifics.

Jaykub
10-14-2008, 06:22 PM
1. your background seems to be the sig

2. why merge and then take a screenshot?

3. yeah we see text.

4. that render seems blank

5. right..

its not right. its not fair. It's not fair that you can show merged layers of everything while others have to show specifics.

I have seen much worse thin this let in before

LiNuX
10-14-2008, 07:27 PM
I have seen much worse thin this let in before

its up to the host to make the exceptions, if he won't make one for you, its your loss, not anyone else's

Yuuki
10-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Dun ask why I put "90". Just the first number I typed in... Lol.
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t159/SakuraHarunoLove/RoadWork.png
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t159/SakuraHarunoLove/scre-1.png

Jaykub
10-15-2008, 01:58 PM
its up to the host to make the exceptions, if he won't make one for you, its your loss, not anyone else's

Ok. I have no idea how there is a problem here!

I made a background I added my render I merge them so I can paste the render and background again and off set them for a effect. then I add another layer for color. and the blank looking render is a 3th one set at 5% overlay then I did my added effects.

I just have no idea how u don't get this. I had to merge them

LiNuX
10-15-2008, 04:02 PM

I made a background I added my render I merge them so I can paste the render and background again and off set them for a effect. then I add another layer for color. and the blank looking render is a 3th one set at 5% overlay then I did my added effects.

you don't seem to understand - we want screenshots of the UNMERGED layers - a merged layer is the same thing as getting a jpeg or gif image - we want to see the work

there is no problem here if you abide by the rules and listen to the sotw host

and again full discretion for this lies on the host - no arguments

Yuuki
10-15-2008, 07:51 PM

Ok, basically flat out saying it, they wanna see layers! They don't want the layers you have in your sig as one (merged). It is kind of a rule in SOTW to have your layers shown. Proof that you didn't just find the sig and open it up on Photoshop and say it's your own. Did I word that right...? Lol.

Jaykub
10-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Ok, basically flat out saying it, they wanna see layers! They don't want the layers you have in your sig as one (merged). It is kind of a rule in SOTW to have your layers shown. Proof that you didn't just find the sig and open it up on Photoshop and say it's your own. Did I word that right...? Lol.

What I am trying to say is!

When I was a starting designer I took a background added a render and then my name and added it to sotw. It did just fine. Now u guys have proof that I have a background and I added a render and text. That shows proof.

Also there is no way I can find a sig open it in photoshop and say it was mine 1 it was gimp and 2 it is a render given to us to use.

Yall have proof of a back ground a render and text what else do u need

LiNuX
10-15-2008, 08:08 PM
What I am trying to say is!

When I was a starting designer I took a background added a render and then my name and added it to sotw. It did just fine. Now u guys have proof that I have a background and I added a render and text. That shows proof.

Also there is no way I can find a sig open it in photoshop and say it was mine 1 it was gimp and 2 it is a render given to us to use.

Yall have proof of a back ground a render and text what else do u need

you didn't create the background in any of your sigs? you just paste the background as it is? or do you do anything with it? what about the current sotw poll sig? the AvP one...is it just a background with some render with your name on it?

also you said:

fully contradicting yourself do you see? you say you made the background and now you say you took a background?

Jaykub
10-15-2008, 08:20 PM
you didn't create the background in any of your sigs? you just paste the background as it is? or do you do anything with it? what about the current sotw poll sig? the AvP one...is it just a background with some render with your name on it?

also you said:

fully contradicting yourself do you see? you say you made the background and now you say you took a background?

No I said I did that when I was a new designer.

If I was to open the file back up and show you all the layers can I have my sig enterd

LiNuX
10-15-2008, 08:21 PM
i dont see anywhere where it says "when i was a new designer"

as for opening the file back up, if you can show us EVERYTHING then maybe, its not up to me to enter sigs, but i can bar people from it

should show your background as well, all its layers

LemonRising
10-16-2008, 11:28 AM
No offense to anyone, but if we're gonna get picky with layers..
did anyone notice Random's screenshot only 'showed' one layer?
I don't know guys.
Since the render is given, it's harder to go around and steal a sig already made with the same render.

You see a good portion of layers, and i understand what happened, but for future reference i suggest you take two screens Jacob, maybe an in progress and then a finished.

-plays calming music-

LiNuX
10-16-2008, 11:37 AM
No offense to anyone, but if we're gonna get picky with layers..
did anyone notice Random's screenshot only 'showed' one layer?
I don't know guys.
Since the render is given, it's harder to go around and steal a sig already made with the same render.

You see a good portion of layers, and i understand what happened, but for future reference i suggest you take two screens Jacob, maybe an in progress and then a finished.

-plays calming music-

random uses PSP, those are the rasters you see there - im sure if you ask him he can provide the base file, but with Jacob, it's almost pointless because he claims he merged the layers.

and its not about stealing a sig made with the same render, if you take a premade background and you just stick a render in there, you can't call it fully your work if you haven't done anything to the background - if you used photo manip or anything like that then its alright, show some form of work there

in jacob's screen, we see a background, and a background copy, followed by a blank render and a little text

Jaykub
10-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Here is the screens ya need.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w282/My_Banner_Album/Untitledffffffff.jpg

Joshuah
10-17-2008, 02:01 AM
Erm... You can still see the layer for the merged sig, plus the sign hasn't been rendered, and you can't see any white on it... :/

Jaykub
10-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Erm... You can still see the layer for the merged sig, plus the sign hasn't been rendered, and you can't see any white on it... :/

Wow!

You can see "ALL" the layers I used and the merged were done after the sig for effects u have proof of this sig wow

Joshuah
10-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Agh nm, Samus, are you going to put our sigs in and do the poll, because... SOTW 45 has already started ¬¬

Jaykub
10-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Agh nm, Samus, are you going to put our sigs in and do the poll, because... SOTW 45 has already started ¬¬

Samus Is away right now. He will be back in a few

Joshuah
10-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Oh okay (: my bad

Samus-Fan
10-24-2008, 12:02 PM
In a few days.
God guys, I am so sorry.
We went on a late vacation and went to a condo, where the owner TOLD us there was internet. We get there, no phone, no TV, no internet. I was at the airport on the 17th, and I was going to close it up and open the poll, but I thought, "Oh, I have internet. I'll just do it tonight."
Once again, I am so sorry.