PDA

View Full Version : "Console War"

Juicebox
10-13-2008, 10:44 AM
YouTube - Stupidity of the Console War: XBOX 360 vs PS3 vs Wii - part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk4uH8uj_Y8)

I think this man makes a great point on the so called "console war"

YouTube - What's better, XBOX 360, PS3 or Wii? -- Stupidity of the Console War, part 2. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYSqP72dg4A)

Watch the second part if you want he just talks about his favorite consoles/games.

El3mentGamer
10-13-2008, 11:20 AM
Go Wii!!!!!

Rei
10-13-2008, 03:00 PM
This guy seems pretty intelligent. I think he hit the nail right on the head except i'd put PS3 in last just because there is literally not one game on it i want that isnt on 360 with the exception of MGS4.

PS2 owned so hard last gen because of it's library of games. The 360 was more powerful and it had a better online system but it lacked games outside of Halo and KOTOR.

360 is the new PS2 in my opinion.

jakncoke
10-13-2008, 11:38 PM
There is no war anyone, Wii has won. 360/PS3 is the homeless ppl of the console street sissy fighting over the leftover scraps.

Rei
10-14-2008, 01:05 AM
There is no war anyone, Wii has won. 360/PS3 is the homeless ppl of the console street sissy fighting over the leftover scraps.

How can you seriously say that? The 360 and the PS3 are the real next gen consoles. The Wii is a gamecube with motion controls and gimmicky games. Yes it's ahead in sales but that doesnt mean it's the best console at all. Madden is one of the best selling games every year but that doesnt mean it's the best game of the year.

If you actually watch the videos this thread is about you'll understand that yeah the Wii is crushing in sales but the target audience and the majority of owners are children and people that have never been interested in video games before.

I always loved Nintendo but the Wii's games lack gameplay and polish and are mostly gimmicky pieces of crap. Not ONE game that is on all 3 systems is best on the Wii.

If the only system we had was the Wii i'd stop playing games.

jakncoke
10-14-2008, 03:38 AM
How can you seriously say that? The 360 and the PS3 are the real next gen consoles. The Wii is a gamecube with motion controls and gimmicky games. Yes it's ahead in sales but that doesnt mean it's the best console at all. Madden is one of the best selling games every year but that doesnt mean it's the best game of the year.

If you actually watch the videos this thread is about you'll understand that yeah the Wii is crushing in sales but the target audience and the majority of owners are children and people that have never been interested in video games before.

I always loved Nintendo but the Wii's games lack gameplay and polish and are mostly gimmicky pieces of crap. Not ONE game that is on all 3 systems is best on the Wii.

If the only system we had was the Wii i'd stop playing games.

I'm talking purely sales here and I agree PS3/360 game combo pwns life, but almost all of the console war fanboys rants were based on sales and no i'm watching the vids because it's old news and you may ask then why post...my reply because I can

Juicebox
10-15-2008, 05:32 PM
This guy seems pretty intelligent. I think he hit the nail right on the head except i'd put PS3 in last just because there is literally not one game on it i want that isnt on 360 with the exception of MGS4.

PS2 owned so hard last gen because of it's library of games. The 360 was more powerful and it had a better online system but it lacked games outside of Halo and KOTOR.

360 is the new PS2 in my opinion.

He is quite intelligent but alot of people on youtube flame him.

jakncoke
10-16-2008, 04:01 AM
yeah Blunty is cool, that weird tramp that worships him needs to get a new clothing style and new voice though

Juicebox
10-24-2008, 05:58 PM
yeah Blunty is cool, that weird tramp that worships him needs to get a new clothing style and new voice though

lol indeed.

Donnell49
11-24-2008, 09:33 AM
The PS3 Rules but so does the Xbox 360 they are both class

CookieMonster
01-23-2009, 11:34 AM
Okay, the wii has "WON" you could say as far as sale's go, But has lost as far as taking the next step through technology's doors and making a console that has some realistic graphics. However most people who buy it buy it for that reason. I am a hardcore gamer so i like the shooter games and Amazing graphics. My console of choice is the 360. now xbox always has and always will sell more 360's then ps3's. One of the Managers for Sony said they where closing the gap on 360 sales but really they are not. Microsoft released all the paperwork and numbers to prove that they indeed are not. As said last night on X-play on G4 TV. They said that if Sony Doubles its sales Today it will not close the Gap on Microsoft until 2014!!! Wii is a family consoles that's fun for the hole family. the 360 and ps3 are for us who realy enjoy a REAL system.

jakncoke
01-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Okay, the wii has "WON" you could say as far as sale's go, But has lost as far as taking the next step through technology's doors and making a console that has some realistic graphics. However most people who buy it buy it for that reason. I am a hardcore gamer so i like the shooter games and Amazing graphics. My console of choice is the 360. now xbox always has and always will sell more 360's then ps3's. One of the Managers for Sony said they where closing the gap on 360 sales but really they are not. Microsoft released all the paperwork and numbers to prove that they indeed are not. As said last night on X-play on G4 TV. They said that if Sony Doubles its sales Today it will not close the Gap on Microsoft until 2014!!! Wii is a family consoles that's fun for the hole family. the 360 and ps3 are for us who realy enjoy a REAL system.

They were but then Microsoft dropped the price and the made up the lost ground and then some. Indeed the places are set as Wii-360-PS3. I was thinking the PS3 was going to get a price drop and that would help it shorten the gap but Sony gaming division just announced it lost 337 million so that defiantly won't be happening till much later this year when possibly another 360 pricedrop happens.

CookieMonster
01-23-2009, 03:27 PM
They were but then Microsoft dropped the price and the made up the lost ground and then some. Indeed the places are set as Wii-360-PS3. I was thinking the PS3 was going to get a price drop and that would help it shorten the gap but Sony gaming division just announced it lost 337 million so that defiantly won't be happening till much later this year when possibly another 360 pricedrop happens.

This is true, Ill be honest with you if Sony could afford a price drop, i Would proboly buy one but like you said, I dont see that happening any time soon.

Home32
03-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Ugh... Can't we just say everyone won already?

LordLameeks
04-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Growin up i played nothing but Nintendo but when xbox came out and gamecube the choice was clear xbox won i was never really a sony fan idk jus did like the controller was jus wack what makes it worse is the controller hasnt changed.... to be honest i thought the wii would be fun but to me its horrible sum of my friends have it iv played it the whole motion sensor thing is jus bad its not accurate at all ill go one way and it doesnt read it..... and the games on it sux... but its jus my opintion