PDA

View Full Version : Little Big Planet delayed

jakncoke
10-17-2008, 01:01 PM
SCEE has supplied us with the official statement on the situation regarding LittleBigPlanet…

During the review process prior to the release of LittleBigPlanet, it has been brought to our attention that one of the background music tracks licensed from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur’an. We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologise for any offence that this may have caused.

We will confirm the new launch date shortly.

We’ll keep you updated with further information as soon as we get it.

UPDATE

We’ve just been informed by SCEE that the delay to release is effective worldwide.

Three Speech: Semi-Official PlayStation Blog (http://threespeech.com/blog/2008/10/littlebigplanet-scees-official-statement/)

well this certainly ****ing blows ;(

LiNuX
10-17-2008, 05:35 PM
that sux, i only saw the commercial for it the other day lol....ps3 exclusive right? maybe they are trying to delay until the holiday season comes by, more sales around that time anyway lol

Tyler
10-17-2008, 09:25 PM
:o
is that game good :o
I looked at the cover and that was enough for me to say no...

jakncoke
10-18-2008, 06:17 AM
:o
is that game good :o
I looked at the cover and that was enough for me to say no...

2d platformer+being able to design awesome levels= count me in, if you put weight in review scores then yes it's a must buy and lol at you judging the game by the cover that's laughable ever hear of the phrase never judge a book by it's cover? As for reviews it currently has 95 rating after 18 reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/littlebigplanet#critics

@ Linux- Yes it's PS3 exclusive.

Song that lead to delay

YouTube - Little Big Planet - the song that got it delayed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5cepFETeDM)

Tyler
10-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Yeh its just it looked so much like one of those little kid games...
oh and btw... is it only for ps3?

EpsilonX
10-18-2008, 05:33 PM

we've already establised that in this topic.

jakncoke
10-19-2008, 06:08 AM

One of the most ill advised premeditated statements towards LBP, nothing can be further from the truth.

Tyler
10-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Its rated G am i wrong??
or 7+...

jakncoke
10-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Its rated G am i wrong??
or 7+...

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.jsp

Just because it doesn't killing...ect does not make it a kiddy game

LiNuX
10-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Its rated G am i wrong??
or 7+...

i agree with jak, ratings doesn't make something kiddy - adults can enjoy rated E games - if you look, around 95% of all sports games are Rated E/G - the ratings just depend on the game content, not the game play or game story

violence, nudity, gore, and similar content is likely to spike up the ratings

Tyler
10-20-2008, 03:19 AM
whats with the american ratings?
we got
G, PG, M, M15+ and MA15+

what the hell is E?

LiNuX
10-20-2008, 09:23 AM
we have E, T, M, A

E= Everyone
T= Teen
M=Mature
A=Adult

and some other ones as well, cant tell you from the top of my head

Trunks
10-20-2008, 07:15 PM
I saw the commercial for this game also. It looks pretty dumb to me. I didn't find it exciting.

rukisuto
10-20-2008, 07:23 PM
Was it really that big of a deal that they had to take it out?
That's kind of ridiculous.

LiNuX
10-20-2008, 10:35 PM
I saw the commercial for this game also. It looks pretty dumb to me. I didn't find it exciting.

i saw the commercial too, i dont think it appealed to many people - my feelings were "Meh" for the commercial but who knows, game could be awesome for all we know

Hockeyfan
10-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Going to get it tomorrow! :)

milkbelly
10-26-2008, 01:09 PM
that sux- i was really looking forward to the game. please keep us posted on the new release date.

Hockeyfan
10-26-2008, 08:52 PM
LBP FTW!!!

AMAZING game!

jakncoke
10-27-2008, 12:22 AM
I'm hoping to get it Friday by legal means or illegal, when I mean illegal I mean the practice of renting it and never returning it. Considering Family Video is a evil corporation that deserves bankruptcy I won't feel bad, I really should wait 1 month and rent like 5 games considering I won't be able to rent ever again there not that I ever intend to but still may as well max out.

Hockeyfan
10-27-2008, 09:52 PM
LBP get really laggy now that the online is up. I going to give it a few days until things settle down to play again. It lagged it so much that you can't even get into story mode. Tons of people must have got this game.